sub ohm ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kracker

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2014
NewCastle, DE
My question is...are there any juices that are made for sub ohm vaping ? I don't go too low, around .3ohm's.

I know a lot of people use the 100% vg but isn't that for the thicker clouds ? Sometimes it tastes almost like I burnt or scorched the juice. Again I'm just wondering if there are any e-juices that are made specifically for sub ohm vaping, or might just be better for it ?

Thanks !!

I wasn't sure of where to put this...here, the E-liquid forum, or modding ? So if it's not in the correct place can a mod put it there ? Thanks !!

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Well to me .3 ohm is pretty low. I vape at .7 and that works great for me. Yes, there are juices made for sub ohm vaping, I make my own for what I'm vaping it in, so it's made for sub ohm vaping. In my experience juices sold at the stores or online just never panned out, because they were not made for what I'm using them in, they were made for eGo/clearo rigs, not my .7 ohm mech/RBA setup.

I use 60% PG and 40% VG, strongly flavored, and have a recipe I just love and vape full time. If you are experiencing a burnt or scorched taste it might be because you are going too far sub ohm, at least that's my guess. Again, .3 ohm is pretty low, and I'm betting that's your burnt/scorched problem right there. Two tenths of an ohm can make a big difference in flavor.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I don't go too low, around .3ohm's.

:rolleyes: That's pretty dang low. Burnt or scorched taste is because you're vaping it too hot.

As others have said, a much higher vg ratio will make more vapor if that is what you are going after.

My suggestion is to raise the resistance of your coil(s) in the 0.6 - 0.8 ohm range.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Sub ohm is a pretty broad category, really. Technically, anything below 1 ohm is sub ohm; but there's a world of difference between .9 ohm and .1 ohm. Everything I build is sub ohm; but I'm not a cloud chaser. I just like the bold, rich flavor and vapor a sub ohm dual coil provides. I set up my drippers to .45 to .5 ohms, usually. I make my DIY juice anywhere from 8 to 10mg nic, at 50PG/50VG. But I'm an old pipe and cigar smoker, so I can handle the higher throat hit. Most of my friends who sub ohm, run around 6mg.

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
As rule said, 0nic 100%VG is the goto for sub ohmers

It might be the go-to for some, but not for me. I tried the 100% VG thing, and sorry it's not my thing. PG holds and carries flavor a lot better, and I'm not interested in cloud chasing. I went sub ohm to get a decent and immediate hit instead of having to suck on an eGo rig for a long time to get it. I make my juice 12 mg and that works for me too. I like it.

I'm sure the 100% VG and zero nic thing works for some, but everyone is different, and there's no one solution for every vaper. I'm glad you found what works for you.

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
I drop my nic levels with lower builds but I anyways prefer 60 pg no matter what, I will say some juices are better, find a good vendor, give nicoticket some money, you won't be sorry, all his juices have descriptions of how they vape out of all different setups.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Kracker

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2014
NewCastle, DE
The .3 not being low was meant to be a joke.......although in the cloud chasing kingdom it's not all that low. Shoot them guys on Youtube are at .09-.07ohm NOT ME JACK !!

The juice I get now is 60pg 40vg at 6mg in my RDA's 12-18 in my tanks. I do LOVE the huge clouds but not for my all day vape. Like Vaslovik said....I like the quick pull instead of sucking my brains out, trying to get a good shot.

I REALLY want to start DIY juice but I need to find a couple flavors I like first. I think I'm going to try Nicoticket next.

Thanks again !

Vaslovik

ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
I REALLY want to start DIY juice but I need to find a couple flavors I like first. I think I'm going to try Nicoticket next.

Thanks again !

Just to offer my own experience, I've found it best to make my own juice for what I'll be vaping it in. I think we can be sure that Nicoticket is not making juice for your atty coiled at .3 ohm, nor is any other vendor. I bought juice for a while, before arriving at the realization that those juices were not made for my atty and build, and that's why they tasted so different when I got them home and put them in my .7 ohm RBA. This was a very consistent experience with vendor juices, and I was wasting my money.

Since I started making my own juice I've been very happy with the results, and saved a lot of money.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Just to offer my own experience, I've found it best to make my own juice for what I'll be vaping it in. I think we can be sure that Nicoticket is not making juice for your atty coiled at .3 ohm, nor is any other vendor. I bought juice for a while, before arriving at the realization that those juices were not made for my atty and build, and that's why they tasted so different when I got them home and put them in my .7 ohm RBA. This was a very consistent experience with vendor juices, and I was wasting my money.

Since I started making my own juice I've been very happy with the results, and saved a lot of money.

Agreed. I haven't bought a bottle of juice in nearly 3 years. I run mainly drippers and genies with mesh wicks, on mech mods; and I like to be able to tailor my juices to my devices.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
:rolleyes: That's pretty dang low. Burnt or scorched taste is because you're vaping it too hot.

As others have said, a much higher vg ratio will make more vapor if that is what you are going after.

My suggestion is to raise the resistance of your coil(s) in the 0.6 - 0.8 ohm range.

and the reason it's getting too hot would be one of two things. either 1) the air flow can't keep up with the coil to eliminate heat while maximizing vapor production or 2) the wick is getting dry.

source: i'm currently vaping @ 0.38Ω without a burning juice or throat issue with anywhere from 50/50 to 100% vg and anywhere from unflavored to 20% flavor.

My question is...are there any juices that are made for sub ohm vaping ? I don't go too low, around .3ohm's.

I know a lot of people use the 100% vg but isn't that for the thicker clouds ? Sometimes it tastes almost like I burnt or scorched the juice. Again I'm just wondering if there are any e-juices that are made specifically for sub ohm vaping, or might just be better for it ?

Thanks !!

I wasn't sure of where to put this...here, the E-liquid forum, or modding ? So if it's not in the correct place can a mod put it there ? Thanks !!

personally, i'm under the impression that most, if not any juice is capable of withstanding sub-ohm. i think we need a breakdown of your equipment including your build specs (coil diameter, wire gauge, air hole size, placement in relation to air hole, etc.) if anyone knowledgeable in sub-o vaping is going to troubleshoot for you.

honestly, the reo forum would have tons of knowledgeable members as well as likely the APV forum. though, i think here is fine, too.

Reactions: Esoterica

jhelliwell

Fog master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Sheffielld, UK
You can get away with slight wicking issues with normal resistance builds. Sub-ohm builds are far less tolerant. Too little wick, i.e not completely touching the inner circle of the coil will result in a burnt juice taste due to a hot spot, too much wick will result in a choked, dry hit. If everything is just right, you should be ok. That said, I've only been as low as .5 but still I had to relearn how much cotton is just right. Your problem sounds like it could be a result of a hot spot, at a guess

Kracker

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2014
NewCastle, DE
and the reason it's getting too hot would be one of two things. either 1) the air flow can't keep up with the coil to eliminate heat while maximizing vapor production or 2) the wick is getting dry.

source: i'm currently vaping @ 0.38Ω without a burning juice or throat issue with anywhere from 50/50 to 100% vg and anywhere from unflavored to 20% flavor.

personally, i'm under the impression that most, if not any juice is capable of withstanding sub-ohm. i think we need a breakdown of your equipment including your build specs (coil diameter, wire gauge, air hole size, placement in relation to air hole, etc.) if anyone knowledgeable in sub-o vaping is going to troubleshoot for you.

honestly, the reo forum would have tons of knowledgeable members as well as likely the APV forum. though, i think here is fine, too.
I was just wondering if there were juices that were made for low sub ohm builds.

Kracker

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2014
NewCastle, DE
I like .5 to .8
100%vg 0% Nic and usually a good fruit flavor for that lip smacking juicy juice flavor..
It gets mouth watering good when things are clickin on all cylinders..:D
sometimes the ole mustachio saves a little for me for later :vapor::drool:

Yeah, if I'm taking quick pulls it's great. If I start to take long pulls is when it can get a weird taste to it.

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
Sub ohm is mostly done with mechanical mods. If you can adjust the voltage, sub ohm is sort of pointless. That being said;

With a set or maximum battery voltage around what the mechanicals put out, you have a MUCH bigger range of potential power output in the sub ohms. Say you get 4 volts from your battery. At 1 ohm you deliver 16 watts to your coil (theoretically). Anything above 1 ohm and you get lower watts. So you vape in a range from "zero" to 16 watts. Quite narrow range. With sub ohm, you start at 16+ watts and can potentially go up triple-digit wattage. Huge range.

Point is; sub ohm is not a thing. It's very very many very very different things. More so than most other forms of vaping. So there is no "sub ohmers do this" and "sub ohmers do that".

/rant off... time to get that coffee :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread