what is sub ohm vaping, and why do ppl do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sub-ohming coils are resistance 1.0 or less.

They're used on mechanical mods, where the limit of power output is determined by the battery's design limit, not by electronics--so it's not something you'd do on a standard eGo or most electronic mods. In that case, the voltage also follows the battery, unlike mods where you can set the voltage and chip adjusts the output appropriately.

While you could just adjust your voltage upward, in this case very low resistance leads to very high wattage that a VV/VW mod can't handle. 0.5 resistance at 3.7 volts (nominal for a lithium battery) results in 27 watts.

If it's something you think you might want to do, please make sure to read the warnings. Only batteries that are rated appropriately should be used, and care always taken...

Topacka

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2014
Seattle
Mechanical mods (and a couple high wattage mods) and rebuildable coils are the only way to do sub ohm, so basically you've removed all safety features, good reason to be careful when doing it.

Why though? You'll get a different answer from everybody as to why. Some just do it because they're showboating, some do it for the intense flavor, some do it because they like pushing the limits. Personally, I do it because I'm a heat and throat hit junkie, and I don't have $250 to drop on a DNA 30 ATM.

In any case, rebuildable attys aren't just for sub ohm vaping, but they're the only ones that were built for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread