Subohm Innovations Big Dripper V2 HOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LA_vapes

Nov 5, 2015
New Jersey
Hi guys! So, I recently purchased the Big Dripper V2 from Subohm Innovations, and I really love it, but I've been having some troubles and I need advice. For one, I have a dual coil (24 gauge wire/ 11 wraps on both sides) in her, reading at .3 ohms. I've tried using it on a number of my mods; Kbox mini, Tug mech, dna 30, and even my hex...it still gets extremely hot, and won't even fire on a few of them, which is odd! I have been building for a while, and I've never ran into this type of issue before. Is it just the big dripper? Is this something I should be concerned about? The mod, only gets a little warm, as do the batteries (occasionally), but the dripper...ouch! Let's just say I've burnt my fingers repeatedly within the last week! Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks in advance.

LA_vapes

Nov 5, 2015
New Jersey
I usually have this problem with any RDA if I chain vape it. Even at 25w and 1.2 ohms I can make an atty hot. The heat has to go somewhere so it goes to the cap first.

Thanks! I do chain vape, so maybe that's it. I just never had this issue on my other attys (not to this extent atleast), so I got a little nervous. Thanks for your reply!

Reactions: dbrandt01

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Most of my attys have to cool down after a good vape just to take the top cap off. The worst is the Aeolus V2 cause of its really short chamber and .2 coil, the least likely to get to hot is the Vulcan and the Little boy, due to their extended chambers, even with .2 coil.

I would suspect that if that`s the one that has the juice can on top, it is helping hold the heat in a good bit once warm.

:?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread