subtank mini, tc with ti

Status
Not open for further replies.

J5000

Jan 5, 2015
USA
I just bought a newer style subtank mini and an istick 40w TC mod. I'm trying to like TC mode with TI coils but am not really enjoying it. The flavor seems really, really weak. What am I missing here? 26ga Ti wire, about 5-6 wraps, spaced. Mod reads it (cold) as .31ohms. Cotton wicking. 50/50 juice. Mod is locked in at .31ohms. Currently testing between 450-500F. What I'm noticing is it vapes like my older istick in wattage mode when the battery is dying. By that I mean, you can hear it crackle a little, but then goes silent. If I watch the display in a mirror, when I first fire it, the Wattage display will drop to something like 6-7w, then almost immediately, the display changes to "temp protection". It will bounce between "temp protection" and the normal screen where it shows what it thinks the temp of the coil is at, and what wattage it's using to keep it at the desired temp. Is my wicking that horrible, that the coil is hitting temp super quickly because it's not wet enough? If not, what else could be the problem?

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
Thanks all! I just played around with the wick a bit. The trick seems to be to make sure and leave a tiny gap between the juice holes and the cotton on the newer style rba deck.
That's how I wick them. They can be tricky buggers, but once you get it it performs well. :)

Reactions: stols001
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread