Melo III with EC TC-Ti Head

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
I bought a Pico a couple of months ago and I'm having issues getting a good constant vape from the EC TC-Ti Heads. I have been using it at 40-50W with a temperature of about 500-540F. The recommended temp per eleaf for Ti is listed at 450-500F. I get very little vapor at 500F. Once the coil is warmed up and hits the temperature protection, the vapor just drops way down. When it's cool, I get a couple of pops followed by some vapor and then when it reaches temp, it just peters out. It's better at 540F, but sill not great. I did lock the resistance at room temp. Also, if I look at the temp when I first hit a cold coil it reads something in the neighborhood of 150-180F. I'm not sure if this because there's a lag before the reading pops up, or if it's reading room temp to be that high. Thanks in advance.

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
It seems to be working better now. I did relock the resistance, which seemed to fix it, I think. I had to do this with my wife's VTC Mini once. The VTC relocked at the same resistance, but for some reason, started working better after I did that (although, last time I hit on it, it was feeling pulsey). When I relocked my Pico, I put another non-TC, high-resistance tank on it and it knocked the Pico out of TC. When I went back, it reset the resistance to 0.53 ohm from the original 0.46.

Reactions: Eskie

fibercarbon

Oct 4, 2016
It seems to be working better now. I did relock the resistance, which seemed to fix it, I think. I had to do this with my wife's VTC Mini once. The VTC relocked at the same resistance, but for some reason, started working better after I did that (although, last time I hit on it, it was feeling pulsey). When I relocked my Pico, I put another non-TC, high-resistance tank on it and it knocked the Pico out of TC. When I went back, it reset the resistance to 0.53 ohm from the original 0.46.

Can you explain how you did this on your pico buddy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread