• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Subtank-mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveMc

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2013
UK
Just thought I'd let everyone know that I purchased one of these a couple of weeks ago as a spare, like to keep the Spheroid in the MicroStick.
I'm using the standard 1.2 OCC's and I must say it's excellent, great flavour and vapour.
The draw is a bit airy, even on the smallest hole but fine when you get used to it if you're into mouth to lung. I tend to use that in the house but when I'm, out I open her up for the lung hits and that's when you appreciate the tank.
I haven't had a go with the 0.5 OCC nor the rba deck, will get around to both at some point, I'm sure.
1st coil lasted 10 days, not bad at all and better than the 10 minute Aspire efforts. :p
Thumbs up from me. :)

SteveMc

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2013
UK
I'm sold on the 1.2ohm OCCs. I ordered 4 x 5-packs from China recently.

I swap them out on 6-8 days. They would probably do longer, but they look horrible... :)

Where from, fasttech?
I'd be happy if they lasted a week, have always said that as far as coils go. I do know a friend that has the temp. control ones lasting for 3 weeks, definitely a thumbs up for tc devices doing what they should be doing.

Jeddy5

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2014
South Wales UK
The 1.2's are indeed brilliant. I'm using the new nickel temperature sensing ones on my vapourshark rdna 40 and I've not had one dry hit and the flavour is top notch.

I've used the RTA too and I've got some success with my own builds but I'm liking the nickel coils a lot.

I'm a week in on the same coil, no drop in flavour using a 50/50 from Yorkshire vaper - and i Vape at 25 watts. Even at that wattage it's still a cool Vape with these coils but the older occ's give off a warmer Vape which I'm not too fond of.

I was about the give up on kanger after I switched to the nautilus but they've really upped their game. Great tank!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
I prefer to use the RBA unit. Fires on my Vamo V7. Need to get a long tip though, vapour's a bit on the warm side so at the moment i'm cooking it up on 17 watts. Still get satisfying clouds. Without sealing my lips round the tip i find the draw can be cooler still. Don't think i'll be using the 1.2 coil units. Definitely going to be getting 1 or 2 more subtanks. Been looking at a Vamo Babel. Maybe even get another V7.

Geniune KSD Vamo V7 from here. GENUINE KSD VAMO V7 (40W) Brushed Stainless Steel.Latest Generation,Not V6 V8 | eBay . £26.90. Compare that to vape escape's £45.

Even though the description says minimum resistance is 0.8 ohm's it fires 0.5. Obviously got the specs wrong.

Last edited:

SteveMc

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2013
UK
For those of you looking to buy a SUBTANK Mini, be aware that there are now 2 versions going about. The newer version with the symmetrical air inlet allows for a very nice mouth to lung hit on the smallest hole setting, whereas it's a lot looser on the older version with the one side air inlet. I've tried both and for lung hitters it wouldn't matter which you bought but for mouth to lung vapers you'd be better off with the symmetrical air inlet.
I've asked Kanger if there's a way to identify the 2 versions from the packaging, will update this if I hear back from them.

Psofos

ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Greece
Can confirm that i ordered mine from UK on th 17th and received the newer version of the mini,with 2 airholes like the ones on the Subtank Plus. Works great for mouth to lung on the small airhole setting but i am now a lung hitter converted from day 1. No need for mouth to lung and the flavour is also better when lung hitting.

Reactions: Marcus1970

Marcus1970

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 19, 2014
Wales
Can confirm that i ordered mine from UK on th 17th and received the newer version of the mini,with 2 airholes like the ones on the Subtank Plus. Works great for mouth to lung on the small airhole setting but i am now a lung hitter converted from day 1. No need for mouth to lung and the flavour is also better when lung hitting.

From what site did you get your mini from mate

The Ministry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
Cramlington, Northumberland, UK
I've been using a mini subtank for a while now, 1.2, 0.5 then the rebuildable. It's great, so far! I've just ordered a pack of replacement 0.5 coils, which I quite like. It's a decent tank. After spending money I don't want to think about on gear, I've settled on the subtank mini with a Kbox. Simple, effective, and plenty of options. Happy vaper here, even if it is a relatively cheap and simple setup, it's working for me in any configuration of subtank coil options and wattage from the mod.

:D

Reactions: SteveMc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread