Subtank nano cannot handle 99% VG well - need mixing ideas please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
So I bought some mile high 'sinful.' Bought 60ml of it it's so nice. Problem is guy in store had it on 70W and probably lower ohms than my .5 ohm coils.

Plus my CF4 only goes up to 40W

I tried it in the subtank nano, but the coil gets gunked up after just a tank and the flavour is just not there as it should be, nowhere near it.

I'm used to mixing liquids, I mix my Charlies Chalk dust 'Dream Cream' with 80VG liquids as at 60Vg it is too runny for the .5ohm subtank. It is a cream so basically goes well with anything fruity, easy really...

This one is tougher... 'Sinful' is like 'Cinnabon' or 'Muffin Man' really has that baked dough and cinnamon taste....

Need something around 50/50 to mix it with so it is 75VG rather than 100%

But what goes well with cinnamon....?

I don't like menthol and do not think tobacco liquids would mix well...

any ideas or anyone actually mixed a similar liquid to this one with another flavour that worked...?

Cheers

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
A lot of the problems with the OCC coils is that the wicking is all over the place, some don't have enough, some have too much..

Try adding 3% distilled water to your juice see if that helps, if you don't want to do it to the entire bottle just add a couple drops directly to the tank :)

Edit*

@defdock beat me to it ^__^

Reactions: defdock

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Actually I find they handle 70VG to 80VG fine, but 99VG is just too much.

I have no 'distilled water.' Can I just use normal?

OR - I have some pure PG - but that would really dilute the flavour I'm thinking as would have to make it 20 - 30% of the mix rather than just a drop or two of water.

In all frankness I am fine with trying water - bottom line - is normal tap / bottled water okay as I have to do it tonight and cannot get hold of distilled due to work?

Cheers

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

OR - I have some pure PG - but that would really dilute the flavour I'm thinking as would have to make it 20 - 30% of the mix rather than just a drop or two of water.

In all frankness I am fine with trying water - bottom line - is normal tap / bottled water okay as I have to do it tonight and cannot get hold of distilled due to work?

Cheers

I use bottled water.

Don't worry too much about 'dilute the flavour'; I've found it not a problem.

A little water goes a long way with wicking.

braveminion

Jan 13, 2016

Cheers
If you have a condensing tumble dryer, I have heard the water in the tank is distilled water. It might taste like fabric softener though

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Eitje

Sep 2, 2015

Cheers
Makes sure you clean two glasses very well (no dust)
Put some regular water in a kettle or water boiler.
Wait till boil. Put the first glass above the whole where vapor escape, slightly slanted. Second one below it, next to kettle or boiler. Condensation will drip to bottom glass ... Et voila
If you need a liter, it will take some patience but just gathering a ml or two, should not take to long.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
If you have a condensing tumble dryer, I have heard the water in the tank is distilled water. It might taste like fabric softener though

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

You make that sound like it's a bad thing , fabric softener e juice is an ADV for me.

Reactions: Karen Powell

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
I put a few drops in and it works, wicking fine, tons of vapour. As expected though, flavour seems a bit diluted. I did pour it in from the glass, probably 5 drops or so to a 3ml tank. And when I screwed the tank tight, it did leak a bit...

I think when one of you said one drop, I should have taken it literally!

I'll probably be better off mixing some 60/40 liquids I have with the 99VG one, that way less thick but you still get full flavour...

I've been mixing 'dream cream' by charlies chalk dust with higher VG or 0mg nic liquids and it works better than adding water I think. But I'll try mixing my 99VG with just ONE drop of distilled water per 3ml and see if that is better.

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Yeah it's vaping a real charm, just a slight drop off in flavour, a little less water next time and I think I can make this 60ml of 'Sinful' work in my subtank nano :)

Which I'm happy about as for one, I didn't want to waste all that money and second, it's delicious. Tastes so good I am sort of chewing the vapour as I exhale to savour it!

Reactions: Yiana

Hotwire

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2010
England
Well I've vaped a good 1ml of the 3ml and it was very nice and kept me off cigs for the evening so happy days. I'm going to top it up before bed with some more of the actual liquid as it is quite runny like a 60VG 40PG mix and I'd prefer it to be more like a 70VG consistency. But yeah I have learned a valuable vaping lesson - 'a drop of water into a hard to wick liquid does a lot of good and seemingly also does no harm.'

Thanks to everyone advising me in this thread :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread