Subtank RBA Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnny hotsauce

ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2014
Chicago, IL USA
I just picked up 2 of the 25mm Subtanks from VapeNW since they had them on sale for $30 each, couldn't pass that deal up so now I have 3 total Subtanks, LOL, grabbed a kayfun 4 clone as well (another awesome tank, love it!).

On the new ones I just got, my mods won't read the rba however my ohm reader reads it with no problem. I just built a 1.5ohm single coil, checked out fine on my ohm reader, threw it on my SX Zero and it shows 0 ohms and "low res", then threw it on my IPV Mini and get "check atomizer".

Confused so I grabbed the other new Subtank, put the RBA deck on the other AFC base and same issue. Reads fine on the ohm reader but nadda on my mods.

Still confused and scratching my head so I threw the RBA deck on my original AFC base from my first Subtank and no issues, reads fine on the ohm reader and my mods read and fire it with no problem.

From there, I grabbed the stock .5 ohm non-RBA OCC coil to see what would happen and tried that on all 3 bases and no problems, check out fine on the ohm reader and fired on my mods...

So now I'm thinking I built a crappy coil and rebuilt 3 more, all beautiful Kayfun style 1.4 to 1.6 coils and the same problem on the new AFC bases but no issue on the original one.

I'm currently stumped. Anyone running into this? Oh yeah, to make things better, one of the new RBA tops that connects to the drip tip is a dud, crappy machining and won't fit onto the frame that the glass goes onto to. I freaked out and thought I got clones but the serial numbers check out fine on the Kanger site.

Sorry for the long novel but at this point, I'm hitting my head against the wall trying to figure out what's up...

KC33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
Ft. Lauderdale, FL USA
Yea it could be the insulator but I really don't care for the option to build on the 25mm subtank. The draw is terrible IMO. Now the Mini, 22MM is absolutely incredible. I like the 25 MM with the coils a lot as well as the Nano so I'm probably going to keep the Mini in RDA mode. Until I get another one LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread