Subtank suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxthackray

Nov 13, 2015
Hey guys. Im new to this forum but ive found it useful in the past. Hopefully you guys can help me.

Ive got an atlantis with 0.5 coils and my coils get wrecked after one fillup of 80% vg liquid. Theyre not cheap to replace so im looking to upgrade to something that can handle high vg liquids.

Any suggestions? Are there things i should look out for when looking, like large wicking holes or something else?

Thanks for your help :)

MrDripper

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2015
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Hello and welcome!
I suggest a Sense Herakles, Sense Cyclone, Horizon Arctic or Uwell Crown.
BUT...since you like your thick juices, you would benefit greatly from a nice RDA. The flavor and vapor is unmatched in an RDA. To that end, I suggest a Kennedy, Magma, Derringer, Hellboy or Tugboat.
Please come back and let us know what you picked up.
And as always...Vape On!

Reactions: maxthackray

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Hey guys. Im new to this forum but ive found it useful in the past. Hopefully you guys can help me.

Ive got an atlantis with 0.5 coils and my coils get wrecked after one fillup of 80% vg liquid. Theyre not cheap to replace so im looking to upgrade to something that can handle high vg liquids.

Any suggestions? Are there things i should look out for when looking, like large wicking holes or something else?

Thanks for your help :)

1: rebuildable
or
2: unflavored

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.
I suggest rebuilding. I do. There's a learning curve, certainly, and you'll drop a few bucks buying tools and wire-- less than a new Crown or Herakles-- but once you have it you'll be down the road. If you want to try, my current favorite tanks that can be bought authentic without raiding the savings account, are a Lemo2 for single coils and a Fogger V6 for dualies.

maxthackray

Nov 13, 2015
Welcome aboard.
Not sure what "coils get wrecked after one fillup of 80% vg liquid" means DryHits, Poor Vapor Production, Leaking?
Basically the coils get clogged up and pretty much dont work anymore. I really have no idea. I know that the v1 atlantis coils arent 100% organic cotton but woukd that have anything to do with it?

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
Basically the coils get clogged up and pretty much dont work anymore. I really have no idea. I know that the v1 atlantis coils arent 100% organic cotton but woukd that have anything to do with it?

If the juice you are vaping is dark colored or sweet either of these will 'clog up' a coil faster. I have vaped Reduced Pg (100% vg with the only Pg being in the flavoring and/or nicotine) juice for over a year without any issues.
You may have just gotten some poor quality coils. It happens.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Hello and welcome!
I suggest a Sense Herakles, Sense Cyclone, Horizon Arctic or Uwell Crown.
BUT...since you like your thick juices, you would benefit greatly from a nice RDA. The flavor and vapor is unmatched in an RDA. To that end, I suggest a Kennedy, Magma, Derringer, Hellboy or Tugboat.
Please come back and let us know what you picked up.
And as always...Vape On!

I recommend the Magma, derringer, Veritas. Freakshow Mini, Rogue and Darang.

I can also recommend three RTAs with better flavor than the Magma. To get great flavor vabd convenience of a tank.

First place in my heart is the Goblin Mini. Equal in flavor to the Freakshow Mini. The only rda that beats it is the Darang

Second place is the Orchid maybe 1/2 step behind the Freakshow Mini.

Third place is the Kayfun Nano but very close to the Orchid.

If you deal with Fasttech you can get a clone of any of the RTAs for $13 or less.

orchid about $13. GMini clone for about $9-10. Kayfun Nano all you need is a Kayfun Lite Plus or Monster base if you want more airflow, the base will be $4.xx, and a bell cap kit will cost $5-6

maxthackray

Nov 13, 2015
Thought id let you guys know that ive decided to go for a billow v2. Im going to have to get used to building coils but should be ok. Im pretty good with technical stuff.

Annoyingly my smok m65 decided to fry itself the other day so have to get a new battery too which is a pain in the ..... Going for a istick 100w mod.

Would love to hear you thoughts on these two!

Thanks again for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread