sucrolose clogging coil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ingerri

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2012
NW Indiana
started doing diy a little while ago, but juice didnt seem sweet enough. just started adding sucrolose drops(1 drop per 5ml) and coils on my clearos seem to clog VERY soon after cleaning them. i use clearo's on ego, with 50/50 juice in 12mg. is the quick clogging due to the sucrolose or the 50/50 juice? use to be able to go about a week before cleaning and dry burning.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
started doing diy a little while ago, but juice didnt seem sweet enough. just started adding sucrolose drops(1 drop per 5ml) and coils on my clearos seem to clog VERY soon after cleaning them. i use clearo's on ego, with 50/50 juice in 12mg. is the quick clogging due to the sucrolose or the 50/50 juice? use to be able to go about a week before cleaning and dry burning.

Yes, Suralose can casue "gunk" Build-Up.

Another thing that can cause it is Using Undiluted VG. For your DIY, when the Recipe calls for a VG Percentage, are you using Pure VG?

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
im using a 50/50 24mg base, and a 50/50 dilutant(and flavor to make it 12mg)

Gotcha...

So it sounds like you add about 25% Pure VG and 25% Pure PG to your 24mg 50|50 Nicotine Base. 25% Pure VG isn't too bad.

Does it seem like your 12mg Flavored e-Liquid is about as thick as your 24mg Nicotine Base.

The Reason I ask is because Many People, like myself, who do DIY don't use Pure VG when a Recipe calls for VG. What they, I, do is Dilute my Pure VG with 5 Parts Pure VG to 1 Part Water. And then use this 5:1 Mixture when a Recipe calls for VG.

The isn't much of a Loss of Vapor by using this Diluted VG and it makes the e-Liquid Thinner which helps with Clogging.

You might try it and see if you get more time before Needed Cleanings.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
im using a 50/50 24mg base, and a 50/50 dilutant(and flavor to make it 12mg)

BTW - I'm not sure what type of "Clearo" you are using but if it is a Top Coil, this might Extend the time between Cleanings.

Awh Yes… It’s all coming back to me now.

OK, here’s the deal. I’m an Old School CE2 user. So when it came to Cleaning, I use the Tried and True 5 Step Cleaning Method.

Rinse Out. Soak in _________ (PGA, Vodka, Vinegar). Rinse Again. Dry. Dry Burn.

Sort of a Long Drawn out Process but it works.

But I started to wonder if there was some way to Improve on it or at least Prolong the Time Needed before having to do these Cleaning Steps. Because I vape Sickly Sweet, High VG e-Liquids. So I have to Clean after about Every 4th Refill of an XL CE2.

So when I got to the end of the 4th Refill of a CE2, I thought that I should put it in the “To Be Cleaned Pile”. But I didn’t have a Clean CE2 to Fill. And I didn’t want to Open a New CE2 seeing that I had about 8 in the To Be Cleaned Pile.

Then I got this Idea. What would happen if I took a Used CE2, Rinsed it in Hot Water while Swabbed the Wick with a Dentek Brush and then just filled it? No Drying. No Dry Burning?

dentek%20easy%20brush%20cleaners.jpg

I held a CE2 under the Hottest Tap Water I could and then Cleaned the Wick off with the Dentek Brush. All Kinds of “gunk” came off the Coil. I Swabbed the Coil about 4 times. A Dentek Brush works Great for getting Under the Coil by Twisting it until it goes down the Ceramic Cup Air Hole.

After it looked like nothing more wash coming off the Coil, I gave the CE2 a Couple of Thermometer Shakes and a Quick Blow. Then I filled it.

The First 2 or 3 Hits was just what I expected. Weak. But after a couple of more, the CE2 came Roaring Back. About what a newly Dry Burned CE2 tastes like. Then it Hit Me. Why not do this at EVERY Refill? How Long could I go before having to Dry Burn?

So that is what I’ve been doing. Rinsing/Denteking at Every Fill. I’ve More than Doubled the amount of Fills that I can get before I feel I should Dry Burn.

Is this tech a Complete Replacement for Dry Burning. Maybe Not for Everyone. But will it Increase the amount of Refills you can do Before Dry Burning? It is for me.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Can u use those for the center hole on cartos? Is it small enough?

Not sure what type of Carto you have but they might.

If you go out today you and you are any place where they sell tooth paste and dental floss you will probaly see them.

There not very expensive but the hard part sometimes is remembering to look for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread