Sudden Performance Drop in Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob2655

Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Rochester Hills, MI
I've been using my Vamo since February, and within the last week the performance has dropped significantly. I've got the updated spring in it, it's still reading every tank/atty/rba correctly and I'm not getting any error messages, but it hits weaker at 4.4 volts than my ZMax, #8, and Spinner do at 3.7 volts. Thanks in advance for any ideas/suggestions.

nahoku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
As fccwpe has mentioned, have you used a voltmeter to verify the Vamo output voltage? Set the Vamo to the highest setting in either VV or VW and measure the output voltage... it should read around 6 volts. If it reads something like 3.5 volts, you might have a ground problem... or worse. A lot of time, low power output can be attributed to a loose ground screw in the Vamo's head. To repair it, you'll need to remove the head, unsolder the ground wire and clean out the solder so you can access the head of the philip screw, tighten the screw, resolder the wire, then reassemble your Vamo.

Link to another post I made about low power... has some photos... http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ng-volts-strange-ohm-reading.html#post9571366

nahoku

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
Thanks, fccwpe and nahoku. I'm primarily basing this simply on personal experience with the device and how it has performed in the past rather than reading output. I'll check that out and see what it reads.

It would be interesting to see your results and if you're able to fix this. Might help others if you report back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread