Suggestions for 26650 mech. for under $50?

Status
Not open for further replies.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
Hey errbody, I recently jumped the gun a little bit buying a 26650 Tobh Atty (28.5mm), because it's a new pre-order and I wanted to make sure I didn't miss out. It's basically my favorite atty, so I'd like to have one for a future 26650.

At the moment, I don't want to spend more than probably $70, $50 would be amazing and I'd like to avoid going for a super-duper cheap product, UNLESS anybody swears by it. My favorite mechanicals are an authentic LE red copper stingray, and a Turtleship V2 clone so I don't have anything against clones. But I've already scoured fasttech and nothing looks like it's for me, the Tesla M7 clone doesn't look bad, but I'd like a to get a quality one the first time.

Basically I'm trying to figure out if I should just wait and save up for a Fat Snow Wolf, or be impatient and try and find a good deal now.

Any recommendations would be awesome and appreciated!

Anybody have experience with the Stainless 26650 stingray clone? It looks a little cheap on the finish/engravings in the pictures, but you never know...

Crunktanium

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2013
Florida (east coast)
My sweet baby Jebus.. Waiting on black delrin drip tip.

Hits like a beast @ .5 ohm

Attachments

• 20140609_153708.jpg
    20140609_153708.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 55

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
What happened to the Big Nasty you picked up?

It's working, but it's a clone who's button happens to really suck. Plus I'm looking for an authentic with a flattop so it doesn't look weird with everything, that slanted top makes it look like a giant with a tiny head, or if I put something bigger than 22mm on it, there's a ledge. Overall I'm not happy with it, still works though.

~Thanks for the input.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
I suggest the Hades clone from Vapor-Freak. It's 39€.
Also I think you're in the wrong forum, this one being about RBAs :p

Thanks :D, I'll check that out. I'm just about ready to get the copper hades clone from FT because it has a good volt drop and works lol. But if you think this clone is better I'll check it out. Yeah I know there's a "Modding" forum, but it's usually empty and there's more people actually building the mods rather than trying them out. Which I'm also building one myself, but I don't need advice on that lol.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA

DeadbeatJeff

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
Rochester, NY
store.coilsociety.com
DBJ said:
tree @ yesterday said:
tree @ 3.14.14 said:
That's good to hear on the big nasty, I can tell from the youtube reviews, it's thick, sturdy, and fool-proof the way it's designed (A magnetic switch that you can set on the table! ) and most importantly quality steel. Pre-ordered mine and will be shipped out in 3 days
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/apv-discussion/539786-big-nasty-hades-26650-batteries.html
I'm waiting for mine in the mail and I'm still trying to decide what 26650 I want, if those coils are 1/16th" diameter, then that's exactly what I'm going to throw in mine as soon as it arrives, minus about 3 wraps on each, but then again I've never used a 26650 or a tri-coil system...
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ictures-your-working-wick-coil-setup-451.html
What happened to the Big Nasty you picked up?
It's working, but it's a clone who's button happens to really suck. Plus I'm looking for an authentic.

for $50?

tree said:
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I ended up going with a mutant 26650 clone.
its-ok-fingers-sign.png

tree said:
more people actually building the mods rather than trying them out. Which I'm also building one myself, but I don't need advice on that lol.

:pop:

Last edited:

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
May 28, 2010
Chino, california
Right on, that does look good. You know that was what I was going to get if I couldnt' find anything too, it's got a great volt drop, and doesn't hurt the wallet. Looks good too!
Mine doesn't have the all copper contacts. It has silver plated brass contacts. I don't have a working volt meter so I took the combo over to my local shop with a fresh battery and they metered it at only a .18 drop. My build is .54 ohms using 24g kanthal. Not bad for plated contacts eh! I'm sure the copper post on the tobh helps though.

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
Mine doesn't have the all copper contacts. It has silver plated brass contacts. I don't have a working volt meter so I took the combo over to my local shop with a fresh battery and they metered it at only a .18 drop. My build is .54 ohms using 24g kanthal. Not bad for plated contacts eh! I'm sure the copper post on the tobh helps though.

Good to know. I have the same version and definitely felt as if it had less drop thsn my other mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread