What is your favorite 26650's? (collaboration thread?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
Hey everyone, I thought I'd start this thread because let's be honest, there's not much of a lineup for 26650 mechanical mods out there.

I figured it would be helpful to get everyone's "cream of the crop" choices, and maybe an explanation of why it's their favorite big battery mod(s). Or simply get a discussion going about them just so ECF'ers have a place to ask questions, or even find out what's good and what's not so good.

It can be a variable voltage/wattage box, a straight-forward parallel dual mechanical box, dual stacked tubular, single tubular, whatever. I personally have been researching and scouring the internet for them for the past few months, and after finally pulling the trigger on a Mutant clone, I'm really enjoying the extra amperage, and battery life as well. This sparked my enthusiasm to find a quality, genuine mechanical (I'd prefer tubular.), since I've confirmed that I indeed love having that big'ol battery under my atty. I'm probably not researching hard enough, but out of the maybe 60 I've came across only

I'll start us off:

Since I can't find any in copper other than the BFM by Bay City Vapors (It's awesome, just a little expensive for the plain tube to me.), and I don't care much for brass I'm really only left with Stainless Steel (hopefully with silver contacts to make up some conductivity.). And I came up with 3:

The SS Trinity by iHybrid Mods:
This one was almost love at first sight to me, classy clean design, silver contacts & magnetic button, and brushed stainless. Will look good with anything because it's not too flashy, but not boring either.

UMjp6P8.jpg

The Fat Snow Wolf:
This one looks really cool with it's engravings all over the place, not exactly simple, but I still like it because of it's (supposed) function. It comes with 3 different sized gold plated floating 510's to make sure it lines up right, which is perfect for someone like me with vapers OCD. Gold plated spring for the button (which'll be magnets if I ever get my hands on it), looks to have the type of button I usually like, kinda like the Turtleship V2 where it's guided by delrin so it always stays straight. A big textured locking ring that protrudes a little so you can actually grab it with my gorilla fingers, it's decently priced too.

dIR9JA2.jpg
nHL3Rc3.jpg

The Super T 26650 Simplicity: I've heard this mod has had some problems with adjusting for battery length, and some users had a gap they couldn't do anything about, which is ok, I have alot of atty's that adjust anyway. I'll sacrifice for a Super-T quality 26650, I have their 18650 simplicity, and it's one of the most well built vaping pieces I own. Palladium plated contacts that never tarnish, quality machined, smooth magnetic switch, and it just looks accurate and beautiful to me. It' $200, and hard to catch while it's in stock though, one of those that sells out within a day.

g6BnWb3.jpg

Thanks so much in advance for participating, I think it'd be really interesting to see what others prefer in this category of mechanicals, let alone helpful to individuals looking into them like my helpless self was not too long ago.

:vapor:VAPE'EM IF YOU GOT'EM!

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
I just saw that today on Joe's vapors actually lol. Pretty sweet. I looked up a youtube video on it, and there was a prototype batch that had the magnet stick out too far and block the connection, so be careful. I'm sure they'll have it fixed because they're HCigar lol, but just sayin'. I thought it looked really cool myself, and that price! The one thing they lost me on was the nemesis style adjusting bottom though. Where you screw in the bottom to line everything up, I often had funky looking gaps on my nemesis , and didn't like the nemesis button. Then again it was a nemsis clone :p, you should let me know how that button is, I think it looks great, I just can't trust those screw in bottom adjusters anymore.

Here it is, still in my history, again don't want to scare you out of it or anything, all HCigar stuff has been awesome for me. Infinite's even better though, they need to release something other than the stingray 26650.

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
I think the three best 26650 mods out on the market right now are The 26650 Simplicity by Super-t (Purchased two), the Trinity 26650, and the Mutant Mod (Fall Out Mods). Not talking about clones here. My favorite has to be the Simplicity. Just my opinion.

I have the Mutant Clone and it's amazing, I was debating getting the authentic but I don't think it's worth the price, a really bulletproof design, and oh-so easy to use, but isn't it around $280? Whoo, for that much I want something with ultimate voltage drop, all copper/silver, and NO BRASS! lol I don't know why brass has to be on every single mod these days, but it makes me mad sometimes. Not everybody likes the gold color, and I certainly don't like it as my contacts, copper or silver are the only two metals that should be on contacts.

So far I'm saving up for a Trinity, but I'm hoping something all copper, with stainless steel accents come along (hopefully with silver contacts and a magnetic switch). I'm sure every piece will have just a little bit of brass on it though, just to ruin the party for me. :p

Your so lucky, two Super-T's...man I'm jelly. Why did you buy two btw?

poconojo

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Florida
I own a number of super-t devices. Some of the best machined devices in the industry. Top quality. Lifetime warranty. Super-t has been around a long time. I believe this company came out with one of the first 26650 mods (The Shockwave). I don't think you can get much better quality in a device than super-t unless you want something in gold and diamonds! I do like the Mutant mod. It is very well made. As far as the Trinity mod goes, if the Simplicity did not exist I would probably purchase the Trinity 26650. It is definitely a nice device. My favorite mod right now is the ELA by super-t. I use this thing where ever I go. I just want to say that Super-t Manufacturing was making high quality mods when vaping was in it's infancy stage!!

Dumas Mesuri

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
Highlandville, MO, USA
I just got vapemail https://www.fasttech.com/products/1711700 and this thing is awesome. After a serious looking over, I can't find anything close to a defect. Don't know what they did to make the pic so ugly. The brushed copper even provides a bit of a grip. Can't wait for the patina :D It hits much harder than the Tobeco stainless/brass Hades clone I already have. If your cheap like me, this is the only way to go 26650!

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I would jump on one if they made a "kick" adapter for the 26650 battery rather than having to drop to a 26500 battery. I saw nothing on the site indicating that they had any plan to make one. A friend owns a super-t product and they are very well made.

I own a number of super-t devices. Some of the best machined devices in the industry. Top quality. Lifetime warranty. Super-t has been around a long time. I believe this company came out with one of the first 26650 mods (The Shockwave). I don't think you can get much better quality in a device than super-t unless you want something in gold and diamonds! I do like the Mutant mod. It is very well made. As far as the Trinity mod goes, if the Simplicity did not exist I would probably purchase the Trinity 26650. It is definitely a nice device. My favorite mod right now is the ELA by super-t. I use this thing where ever I go. I just want to say that Super-t Manufacturing was making high quality mods when vaping was in it's infancy stage!!

treehead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2014
Anchorage, AK, USA
I would jump on one if they made a "kick" adapter for the 26650 battery rather than having to drop to a 26500 battery. I saw nothing on the site indicating that they had any plan to make one. A friend owns a super-t product and they are very well made.

I don't know man, I don't think a kick would help a 26650 sony vt 50amp, I mean I usually vape a 0.1-0.08 dual coil build with one, and that equals about 200 watts even when the batter drops to 3.8 lol. I can vape 200 watts basically all day, massive vapor, for about 8 hours, and then I switch it out with my other on the charger. Unless you want to run some HUGE coils, it's not really necessary, I'd give it a shot. With gplat, even a 0.1 ohm coil looks massive anyway.

W4LM0sc.png

sawtoothscream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
United States
Only one I have tried is the chi you 22650. Good looking mod, switch isnt pretty nice, looks great with the huge Tobh atty on it.

Same kid bought a 4nine 22650 that should be here soon, so when that arrives ill be giving that a go. Love the 18650 4nine so im sure this one will be great as well.

Rodeorat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2013
Guthrie, OK
JohnD0406:13614766 said:
Soon as 101vape gets the Hcigar Helmsman I stock, I'm all over that! original piece at a clone price.... Magnetic switch.

I quote "We are not planning on restocking this mod. It received too many complaints."

Good to know. Thanks. Couldn't wait, so my new Mutant is on the way. Excited!

sawtoothscream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
United States
Got to play with the tarsius 2six all yesterday. Way smaller then the chiyou 22650, the switch is great, greats hard. I liked it alot and it looked great with the large tobh Atty. If I was going to buy a 22650 mod, this would be the one. Ya its thicker but it was alot smaller then my brothers panzer, maybe around the size of the m16 or astro. I would carry it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread