Status
Not open for further replies.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
VIKINGS should change her name to The Unicorn Hunter.
the name perhaps not. It does sound like a bit of a unicorn though.

The whole use less juice without MTL thing is hard. She’s already dropped to 10ml from the what seems to be average of 20ml by vaping a DL mesh as a quasi RDL. It doesn’t seem to be enough though. All there is left is MTL, and old fashioned probably ungettable RDL attys that don’t squonk out of the box. And they will help only a little bit and maybe.

VlKlNGS

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2019
Me and my unicorns, sigh sigh sigh...:cry:

Guess I'll just stick to the Luxe then... It's just that the coils are so expensive(specially when you get a bad one that just lasts a day or two) compared to what you can get on rdas, and the flavor could be better too... :(

P.S. And I like the term RSA, it makes perfect sense, figures I'd be in the minority on this too. But if all you're ever gonna do is squonk it, why would you still call it an rda?!?!...:unsure:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA

Guess I'll just stick to the Luxe then... It's just that the coils are so expensive(specially when you get a bad one that just lasts a day or two) compared to what you can get on rdas, and the flavor could be better too... :(

P.S. And I like the term RSA, it makes perfect sense, figures I'd be in the minority on this too. But if all you're ever gonna do is squonk it, why would you still call it an rda?!?!...:unsure:
Because all modern RDAs are BF RDAs and most non modern ones can be turned into one with a $2 part and a screw driver. Non BF RDAs no longer exist really. And they kind of never even did. I’ve got an exception on my table atm, a big block 454 I’m going to make into a squonk. Probably today, though I may not get to it. I’m trying to decide which is more annoying: tapping out the pressfit copper pin and cutting a side groove with a jeweler’s saw, or resquaring a 60’s vintage tabletop drill press and just putting a #69 bit down the center of the thing.
Even the unsquonkable can be made squonkable.

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca

All rsas are RDAs but not all RDAs are rsas.

You are never going to get what you are looking for.

I'm looking for a new car. I have to drive 300 miles round trip a day. I need it to be able to go off roading. I can only afford $10 a day for gasoline. I like the way my Cadillac rides so I want it to ride like that and also to have the performance of a Ferrari. I only have $300 to spend on a brand new car. So it must be
1) a 2019 or 2020 model year
2) $300 or less
4) able to get 150 miles per gallon on regular unleaded.
5) as comfortable as a Cadillac
6) able to perform as well as a Ferrari
7) able to go off roading
Please don't recommend anything that can't meet all of these ridiculous requirements or I'll just keep starting stupid threads with more requests for recommendations for things that don't exist.

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
I refer to RSA as a atomizer that was specifically designed with squonking as a goal. Below link as an example. The B2K can have it’s squonk pin blocked, thus turning it into a “Dripping” atomizer, but it excels at squonking, thus being label as a RSA

B2K RSA TRVPMATIK (V5) BY BB VAPES BRVND

• Winner
Reactions: TrollDragon

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio

I am one of those people that does not like dripping. I only use squonk mods with an rda (or rsa if you want to call it that) but the blanket term of RDA kind of covers it already so there isn't really a need for another abbreviation to split the market up even more. I think manufacturers just stick with RDA so that it is less confusing for some customers, and so that their product appeals to a broader customer base, since labeling it as RSA would imply that it is only good for use for a squonk mod.

But it really doesn't matter if you call it RDA, RSA, BF RDA, or a dripper, it all references the same thing. Rebuildable, tankless atomizer.

And on a side note, since you are still very new to the RDA scene, maybe just getting a couple and learning on them would give you a better understanding of what you need and make it much easier to pick out something that will suit your needs. Nothing is better than first hand experience in these (very situational and personal preference based) subjects.

jandrew

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Winnipeg
But it really doesn't matter if you call it RDA, RSA, BF RDA, or
Just say it in emoji:
bfba.png

bottom, feeding, rebuildable, atom, miser

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
I refer to RSA as a atomizer that was specifically designed with squonking as a goal. Below link as an example. The B2K can have it’s squonk pin blocked, thus turning it into a “Dripping” atomizer, but it excels at squonking, thus being label as a RSA

B2K RSA TRVPMATIK (V5) BY BB VAPES BRVND
Indeed!

It was a B2K RSA squonk day at the shop last week. :vapor:
B2K RSA Day.jpg

And another one at home on the Delta Squonker. :D

VlKlNGS

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2019
maybe just getting a couple and learning on them would give you a better understanding of what you need and make it much easier to pick out something that will suit your needs. Nothing is better than first hand experience

Logic says yes yes yes, but my wallet is screaming no no no!
Ehhhh, we'll see what happens. For now guess I'll just keep on waiting for my first setup to arrive and see how I get along with it.

LE: Good luck with that @bombastinator , seems like a lot of work, careful you don't hurt yourself. ;)

Zaryk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2018
Ohio
Ehhhh, we'll see what happens. For now guess I'll just keep on waiting for my first setup to arrive and see how I get along with it.

LE: Good luck with that @bombastinator , seems like a lot of work, careful you don't hurt yourself. ;)

If on a budget, fasttech has a wide selection of good clones for extremely reasonable prices. They can range from 5-20 bucks each and have tons to pick from to get a great idea of what you like. Great way to start out. You could easily get around 4-5 good quality clones for the price of one mid priced authentic.

• Agree
Reactions: Letitia

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA

Too much ftm. I’m replacing the buttons on my eciggie vtx200 instead. 2 for 4 in some sort of Mexican moss agate I think. Looks nice anyway.

• Love

Fredman1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2017
New Zealand
I use 0.8mmx0.3mm from Zivipf, it comes in all material types (SS,KA1, N80, NiFe) and they have very reasonable shipping worldwide.
Flat Wire / Ribbon
Thanks for this. I want to order some of their flat st st wire but not to sure which is best for me. Which one will put me in the 0.5ohm range with the least amount of wraps?
I see on their site the 0.8 × 0.3 they classify as a 23 AWG. That is a lot of wraps at 0.5ohms....:blink:

Last edited:

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
Stainless steel ;)
Sorry I now see I missed the other st...:D
Oh. Most people refer to stainless steel as SS. SS flat wire is very low in resistance. Maybe pick up a roll of each to try it out. Once you find the right one for you I'm sure you'll like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread