Suggestions for RTA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinchX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Texas
I posted just recently asking about sub-ohm clearo tank recommendations because I was burning through Crown tank coils like crazy...

Basically, I chain vape... I don't typically go nuts on my wattage... 70-75 watts on the Crown on average was a great vape as long as the coils are working.

But short and skinny of it is I'm just going to end up moving to RTAs to save all that money on coils. So I thought I'd ask for some suggestions from everyone on what their favorite RTAs are.. I'd prefer something with decent fill capacity and airflow. Top fill a bonus but not required.

Heard a lot about the Zephyrus using its rebuildable deck, also heard good things about the Goblin and the Billow V2... Just curious about your thoughts on what you think of these, or others if there are some I'm missing obviously, I'm totally open to any suggestion. I would prefer it be an actual RTA and not just a sub-ohm clearo with an RBA head.. (even though yes I realize the Zephyrus is exactly that, I can't ignore the good things I've heard about its rebuildable section)..

Thanks

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh
I know you said you wanted a dedicated rta but the Smok TFV4 Rba is excellent! I had a lot of issues on the subtank rba (dry hits, flooding), but the tfv4 rba is easy to wick and you can chain vape it like crasy. Honestly though I would stick with the crown tank. Kayfun can only handle 20w max and is more of a mouth to lung tank than a lung hitting cloud producing machine.

SLvapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2015
Houston
I know you said you wanted a dedicated rta but the Smok TFV4 Rba is excellent! I had a lot of issues on the subtank rba (dry hits, flooding), but the tfv4 rba is easy to wick and you can chain vape it like crasy. Honestly though I would stick with the crown tank. Kayfun can only handle 20w max and is more of a mouth to lung tank than a lung hitting cloud producing machine.

But if you swap the kayfun base with a silverplay base ~6 bucks you have a mtl and direct atty :) the smok is a great atty tho

Marmaduke

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Essen, Germany
Well I would recommend the Flash e Vapor V3. Big capacity, totally easy to wick. You can do anything on that built deck and you can get a tank enlargement that makes it take 9ml. No leaking whatsoever. Easy to get at focalecig or gearbest as a really well made clone. Parts are interchangeable with the original, which is awsome, naturally.
Squape R is nice, too. Horizon by Vape4me, with a more open draw. Taifun GT2, a tighter draw, but easy to wick.

At the moment I am happily vaping the TFV4 with the single rba. Great, easy to wick, no leaks, totally open draw, clouds and taste! There is no difference in wicking this or the Squape or Taifun as far as space for wicks is concerned. The rba is huge.
If you have a box that has enough power, you should also try the triple coils, or quad coils. There are also sixtuple coios now and you can get tc coils too. This thing is an all in one rta. I love it. It has topfill, too.

FinchX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Texas
Well I would recommend the Flash e Vapor V3. Big capacity, totally easy to wick. You can do anything on that built deck and you can get a tank enlargement that makes it take 9ml. No leaking whatsoever. Easy to get at focalecig or gearbest as a really well made clone. Parts are interchangeable with the original, which is awsome, naturally.
Squape R is nice, too. Horizon by Vape4me, with a more open draw. Taifun GT2, a tighter draw, but easy to wick.

At the moment I am happily vaping the TFV4 with the single rba. Great, easy to wick, no leaks, totally open draw, clouds and taste! There is no difference in wicking this or the Squape or Taifun as far as space for wicks is concerned. The rba is huge.
If you have a box that has enough power, you should also try the triple coils, or quad coils. There are also sixtuple coios now and you can get tc coils too. This thing is an all in one rta. I love it. It has topfill, too.
I hadn't heard of the Flash e Vapor 3 or the Square R.

I ended up with the Bellus, Zephyrus, Cthulu V2, and Goliath V2. Actually enjoying them all quite a bit. I was going to grab the OBS Crius, but then I read they're planning to update it soon by enlarging the post holes and making the drip tip standard size, so waiting on it. I also so saw there's a Mutation X series RTA as well I might check into.

The TFV4 is definitely a versatile tank, and I've heard a lot of good things. I realize the Zephyrus and Goliath V2 are technically tanks with RBA base though I'm really looking for strictly RTAs...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Str8vision

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2013
Sallisaw, Oklahoma USA
Now that you're ready to abandon those overpriced, dubious quality factory coil heads don't use an atty that was originally designed (optimized), to use them, go for a "real" RTA designed -specifically- for rebuilding rather than just a convenient, marketable afterthought. Which RTA is best depends on your inhale style, direct to lung or mouth to lung. If you lung inhale the atty needs lots of airflow, if you inhale mouth to lung you need an atty with restricted airflow and small chamber. I lung inhale and for my taste the Goblin and Billow 2 are both -excellent- RTAs. Properly coiled and wicked, both produce flavor on par with a dripper but also consume just as much juice. The Goblin is my favorite for flavor but the Billow 2 almost equals it and is the easiest most convenient one to use, much better thought out design. For flavor, proper wicking is more important than most people realize. Be sure to watch tutorials for wicking those specific attys, it can make a huge difference in flavor and satisfaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread