Suggestions please, For fixing this flavor - MVS Flue Cured

Status
Not open for further replies.

dd29

Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Hi,
I purchased a few premade juices from MyVaporStore when I first started vaping a month ago. One of the juices is just horrible to me, and I'm wondering if anyone might have a suggestion to save this one from the garbage. I have about 6 to 7 ml left.

It is the "Flue Cured" from MVS.

I just decided to start mixing my own and am waiting on some shipments.

No hurry on this as I have plenty of my current favorite, which is "Kamol" from MVS. Just hoping to get some suggestions.

I tend to like the RY4, coffees, sweeter stuff. So far. That flue cured tastes bitter and mustardy to me.

Thanks for your input.

DIY stuff that I currently have:

(vaping Zone - Super Concentrates)
Desert Ship
Honey Flu Cured tobacco
Caramel Mocha
Apple Pie
Black Cigar
Coffee
Dragon Fruit

DIY Stuff I'm waiting on in the mail

Nic Juice - 36mg (plan to dilute to 18-24 mg)
PG
VG

(LorAnn)
Almond
Black Walnut Flavor Concentrate
Blackberry
Blueberry Flavor Concentrate
Butter Flavor Concentrate
Butterscotch Flavor Concentrate
Caramel Flavor Concentrate
Cheesecake
Cheesecake NY Style Flavor
Cherry Flavor Concentrate
Chocolate Flavor Concentrate
Chocolate Hazelnut
Cinnamon Roll Flavor Concentrate
Coconut
Coffee
Cranberry Flavor Concentrate
Cream Cheese Icing Flavor Concentrate
Egg Nog
English Toffee Flavor
Honey Clover Flavor Concentrate
Keoke
Licorice Flavor Concentrate
Mango Flavor Concentrate
Maple Flavor Concentrate
Marshmallow Flavor Concentrate
Mint Chocolate Chip
Peach Flavor Concentrate
Peanut Butter Flavor Concentrate
Pecan Flavor Concentrate
Pistachio Flavor Concentrate
Strawberry Flavor Concentrate
Tutti Frutti Flavor Concentrate
Vanilla Butternut

(Don't know what the SM stands for, lol)
Captain Black Tobacco Flavor (SM)
Commercial Tobacco Flavor Concentrate (SM)

(The Flavor Apprentice)
Acetyl Pyrazine 5% PG Flavor Concentrate
American Red Tobacco Flavor Concentrate
Apple Pie Flavor Concentrate
Banana Nut Bread Flavor
Belgian Waffle Flavor
Bittersweet Chocolate Flavor
Black Cherry Flavor
Black Honey Tobacco Flavor
Brown Sugar Extra Flavor
Cappuccino TFA Flavor
Caramel Candy Flavor
Caramel Cappuccino
Cheesecake Flavor Concentrate
Cheesecake Graham Crust Flavor
Double Chocolate Clear Flavor
Double Chocolate Dark Flavor
Dulce De Leche Flavor
Espresso Flavor
Ethyl Maltol 10% PG Solution
Hazelnut Flavor Concentrate
Hazelnut Praline Flavor
Hickory Smoke Flavor
Holiday Spice Flavor
Honey Flavor Concentrate
Irish Cream Flavor
Juicy Peach Flavor
Kona Coffee Flavor
Koolada 10% PG Flavor
Malted Milk Flavor
Mocha Flavor Concentrate
Molasses Flavor
Pie Crust Flavor
Pumpkin Spice Flavor
RY4 Double Flavor
RY4 Type-1 Flavor Concentrate
Sweet Cream Flavor
Sweetener - Sucralose
Tiramisu Flavor Concentrate
Toasted Almond Flavor Concentrate
Vanilla Cupcake Flavor Concentrate

Thanks again,
Dave

BdMoore85

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2013
Norman, Oklahoma
Damn it man! Idk what all DIY entails other than nic juice, vg, pg, and some flavoring....but it looks like you are off to a good start! How much did all that cost? (If you don't mind me asking) just curious- I've been thinking about messing around with DIY in the near future....now if I could just figure out that damn calculator that Ahlusion has on their web site!

dd29

Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Well, I'm keeping track of everything I'm spending on vaping, all total - and have it calculated out to how long it will be before I break even. I've spent $648.04, which includes all equipment. I am 143 days away from breaking even. I won't be spending like this on a regular basis, but starting out is a bit expensive.

I bought 4 ego twist batteries, 3 chargers, 8 kanger evods, 6 clearomizers, a bunch of replacement heads for each, a kanger protank (that I don't particularly like), and quite a few juices. Plus what you see above, along with some syringes and empty plastic bottles. The nic base i bought is 500ml and I got a quart each of PG and VG.

These should all last me quite a long time (hopefully).

Good to meet you.

Dave

23skidoo

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Southern CA
I hope you bought a GRIP of plastic bottles. You're gonna need them with all those great flavors!

If I were you I'd wait awhile to try to mess with the Flue Cured. That way you'll have an idea about what some of the other stuff tastes like before you add anything to it. If you can't wait and feel like messing with it I'd start with adding one of your caramel flavors, see if it helps at all, and possibly add a fruit to the mix. With any luck you won't be wasting your flavoring and it will be vapable.

You have got some serious mixing in your future. Have fun, and enjoy it. :toast:

dd29

Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Thanks 23skidoo, yeah, I didn't order enough bottles. But enough to get me started.

I'm just tired of waiting on my nicotine, so I'm staring at a bunch of flavors that I can't use, and a bottle of junk that I'd like to fix. I will try adding some caramel and see how it goes. Can't be any worse that's for sure.

I bought so much because I didn't want to have to be ordering new flavors every week or two. These should last me a year or more, i hope.

23skidoo

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Southern CA
Thanks 23skidoo, yeah, I didn't order enough bottles. But enough to get me started.

I'm just tired of waiting on my nicotine, so I'm staring at a bunch of flavors that I can't use, and a bottle of junk that I'd like to fix. I will try adding some caramel and see how it goes. Can't be any worse that's for sure.

I bought so much because I didn't want to have to be ordering new flavors every week or two. These should last me a year or more, i hope.

No worries Dave.

You could always mix up a little zero nic juice with your VG/PG ratio of choice and that Apple Pie super concentrate at 2.5% to test it out. You are going to be cutting you nic anyway so you could always add to your nic mix and make up the difference on the flavor later. At least something will be steeping.

I learned about steeping DIY juice the old fashioned way, all my mixes were bad or very light on flavor, then a week later things got interesting. :D

Let us know how you like those super concentrates in the DIY forum when you've spent a little time with them. I'm 90% sure I'll be ordering some of those in a few weeks. People have been having really nice results with them. I'm interested in the Honey Flue Cured and Black Cigar. Tobaccos seem to need extra steep time from what I've read.

dd29

Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Kansas City, MO
Well, I added a few drops of the caramel mocha SC to the flue cured, steeped in in hot tap water (my faucet gets super hot, unbearable to touch), shook vigorously, repeated. The taste is much more bearable for me now. Actually, quite enjoyable.

Got my PG and VG today. Mixed up a bit of the Apple Pie SC with about a 50/50 mix (no nic). Same procedure as above for steeping. Kinda light, might need to add more flavor or let it sit overnight. Kinda sweet, doesn't remind me of apple pie though (yet). Nice change of pace.

dd29

Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Kansas City, MO
lol, sorry Malarky. I want a provari - but that will have to wait. I also want to start dripping, especially with all these flavors, but that will have to wait too.

Yes, it can get expensive. I'm sure you could sell your provari, and go back to a cheaper solution for the time being... It would suck to have a Mercedes and not be able to put gas in it.

most of us have succumbed to peer pressure, that's probably how 90% of us started smoking in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread