Status
Not open for further replies.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Another all-in-one to soon to hit the market somewhat under the radar is the Artery Summa. This appears to be a cross breeding of Joyetech's Egrip IIs TFTA style coil system and a Kanger's Nebox size and replaceable 18650 battery with a capacity between the two. Interesting tank and coil design and the tank is glass, impervious to tank cracker juices and completely removable. Zinc Alloy Construction means it will be durable but very weighty. It is a firmware update able Temperature Controlled device with VV, VW, Ni200, Ti, and SS Modes.
upload_2016-5-26_1-47-48.png

upload_2016-5-26_1-50-2.png

upload_2016-5-26_1-51-28.png

upload_2016-5-26_1-52-58.png

upload_2016-5-26_1-54-8.png

upload_2016-5-26_1-55-4.png

upload_2016-5-26_1-56-6.png

upload_2016-5-26_1-57-25.png

Last edited:
Reactions: defdock

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Looks like a solid performer, just odd choice of look. Lol.

I'm still waiting for an all-in-one to be designed for removable 18350/18500s and be tiny :)

I almost want to draw a design up and send it to a few companies, hoping they'd take the idea ;)
Look forward to the design:thumbs:, but you will only get 700mah 900mah out of the smaller batteries. Have you tried the Egrip II. It doesn't do too bad and I can get 6-8 hrs out of it. That TFTA system provides a pretty nice vape.

This one is a bit boxy, but I'm really intrigued by the tank. You could almost make this one into anything from a modding standpoint. I'm almost wondering if I could stick the base from an aromamizer in the bottom, install a long chimney and adapt the mouthpiece to it.Who knows, This TFTA system seems to be well received buy the few 2nd tier reviewers who got them so far.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
After all the disappointment from every single last joyetech product I've owned, I haven't bothered to even look at the egrip2. I am curious, it has a top airflow system for the coils? Is there an rda for it? And if you own one, how is the airflow?
I had to try the Egrip II since Joyetech has been getting so much mileage out of this TFTA system they used in the AIO, Cubis, Cuboid Mini, and now Egrip II. Figured I would be horribly disappointed yet again but other than a spitback issue which you Do NEED an anti spitback drip tip to eliminate (they give you a black plastic one, I use Aromamizer's Drip Tip), it has performed like a champ on the 0.25ohm ss Notch DL Coil Jaybo Designed for JT in TC. It does come with that cuboid adapted Coil Body RBA in the starter kit, but I haven't tried it yet. It isn't a traditional deck RBA though.
upload_2016-5-26_4-0-51.png
upload_2016-5-26_4-2-18.png

Airflow in Egrip II is adjustable from Tight Draw MTL to to a nice wide open DL Draw. Obviously, spitback increases with more open airflow settings I operate at. I was really very pleasantly surprised by the performance of the unit and you know I have been very critical of the Egrips for quite a while. I don't know how well it would perform in non TC longevity wise as there is no airflow through the coil, (it is more like a frying pan than a traditional coils system) but I haven't had any issues working with it in TC at all.

Provides a nice moist, very dense flavorful and only slightly muted vape - not billowing clouds

Much More info here Egrip II

Last edited:
Reactions: defdock

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I have looked all over for places stocking Artery Summa and Efuntop's rather steep $69.99 pre-order Artery Summa 70W TC Starter Kit - $69.99 seems to be the only game in town besides the anticipated listing at Aspen Valley Vapes.

They are going to have a hard time passing these off on the market at that pricing.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Madvapes carries the Artery Summa for $54.99. Their Memorial day sale provides a sitewide 25% discount today only and drops the price down to a more palatable $41.24 with free shipping and no tax to Jersey at least.

upload_2016-5-30_20-5-5.png

More than I wanted to spend by a long shot, but I was i intrigued by the units construction so I went for it.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
I think the Artery Summa has the most adaptable tank chamber design of all the units as it not only has the ability to use the leak free TFTA design (sacrificing capacity for Leak free design), it is both top and bottom filling and accessible which theoretical will allow a user to choose whether to use the Leak free TFTA system or to use a more traditional bottom filling, bottom airflow design which would allow much more capacity and the use of replaceable traditional OCC Coils & traditional RBA deck designs providing a much greater flexibility and adaptability provided the Manufacturer makes these options available as a parallel alternative in the future.

The weight of the Zic Alloy construction of Summa will make it a heavyweight that will be a negative for portability to some but a posive for most for durability and aestetics. The frequency and usefulness of firmware upgrades issued by Artey will determine if they can compete with the big boys and take the top spot in the market.

If they were to offer a DNA75 Version with a top screen option in a parallel product line they could have the absolute best All-In-One on the market hands down in my opinion.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
$69.99 Authentic Artery Summa 70W TC VW APV Box Mod Kit - 5ml / 10-70W / 200-600'F / 1*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$69.99 Authentic Artery Summa 70W TC VW APV Box Mod Kit - 5ml / 10-70W / 200-600'F / 1*18650 at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Fasttech Listed Artery Summa on 6/3 (pretty quick considering I requested they stock it on 5/30) at a MRP of $69.99 but using code MAP at checkout will drop the price down to $46.98. Shipping is scheduled for 6/18 (after the Dragon Boat Festival).

upload_2016-6-8_8-48-42.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread