Super frustrated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wphsmike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2010
Orlando, FL
So, I've been using cartomisers, and some have burnt out. I opened a new atty and tried priming it with some TV peach cobbler. It seems the juice tastes better in the carto than dripping.

It seems when I take a drag from dipping without inhaling I can get a lot of vapor. But, when I inhale I hardly get any vapor and very little taste, if any at all.

Solutions? I tried priming it. Doesn't seem to be working. I could scream, I just wish it were simple! :blink: :( :confused:

Upinthehills

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2010
Colorado
Attys seem to have a break in period. Keep trying. Once you get it, I think you'll find the juices taste better dripping. They do for me, anyway.

I also vape a bit differently when dripping, I take one short hard puff then do the actual draw into my mouth. I think it's like a primer puff. (I had to sit here and do it to see exactly how I do it. Seems like I'd know, but I guess not. Well, now I do!) :D

Little Girl

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
New York
mostlylinux.wordpress.com
I'm not sure if you're dripping or dipping, so if my advice is off as a result, my apologies in advance! ;)

If you're dipping, I've never done that, so haven't got much experience, but my understanding is that dipping grabs just the right amount of liquid automatically, so should be problem-free as far as flooding is concerned. If you're dipping, then it's possible you've flooded the atomizer by dripping too much juice onto it. How much did you drip? I drip two or three drops onto a 510 atomizer. Any more than that and it will gurgle, be hard to vape, not have much flavor, and produce hardly any vapor.

If you've flooded the atomizer, you can disconnect it from the battery and cartridge or drip tip and blow through it while holding it over a paper towel to get all the excess liquid out of it. Some people recommend only blowing through the threaded end (the end that connects to the battery). Others recommend blowing through both ends. I'm a both ends kind of girl, but your mileage may vary. :thumbs:

It's also possible that you need to adjust the way you're dragging on the e-cig. Here are a couple of links that might help if that's the problem:

[youtube]0U8EckqYyC8&[/youtube]

[youtube]GFg_7vKWkfw&[/youtube]

It looks like a couple of people have already replied as I was writing this, and I agree with Upinthehills about the primer puff. I do the same thing. I take a quick puff and then follow it with a long drag. I don't know why this is better, but it just is. :)

When you say the caromizers have burnt out, do you mean they're no longer functioning at all or they're out of fluid? If they're out of fluid, you should be able to refill them and continue using them.

Shaka

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Honolulu, HI
Hi Mike.

I held out from dripping for a while, but once I started, that's the only way to vape (whenever I'm not on the go that is). A drip tip will make it easier so you don't have to keep removing/replacing the cart. Plus I like to sniff the vaper wafting up the tube before inhaling...triggering the sense of smell adds another dimension in vaping for me, esp w/ the more flavorful juices. Just drag, sniff, inhale...really increases the pleasure imo.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thanks! At what point should I go insane and start screaming? I think drip tip is next!

Don't feel bad. It seems that there are some days when things just don't work and All my e-Juices taste watered down.

I had to try 2 or 3 different carto "brands" to find the ones that I like, blank vaporkings - Boge. Once I found them I ordered 20 of them.

Shaka

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Honolulu, HI
Hi Mike.

I held out from dripping for a while, but once I started, that's the only way to vape (whenever I'm not on the go that is). A drip tip will make it easier so you don't have to keep removing/replacing the cart. Plus I like to sniff the vaper wafting up the tube before inhaling...triggering the sense of smell adds another dimension in vaping for me, esp w/ the more flavorful juices. Just drag, sniff, inhale...really increases the pleasure imo.

Little Girl

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
New York
A drip tip will make it easier so you don't have to keep removing/replacing the cart. Plus I like to sniff the vaper wafting up the tube before inhaling...triggering the sense of smell adds another dimension in vaping for me, esp w/ the more flavorful juices. Just drag, sniff, inhale...really increases the pleasure imo.

LOL - this is very similar to how I do it! I take a primer puff, sniff, take a long, deep pull. That sniff adds so much flavor to the experience. :)

Little Girl

ECF Veteran
May 29, 2010
New York
Don't feel bad. It seems that there are some days when things just don't work and All my e-Juices taste watered down.

What causes this? It happens to me sometimes with juices I normally love, and it's very frustrating. Luckily it usually passes by the next day, but sometimes it lasts a couple of days. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread