e112e580ddefd653301aaceba845f5f8.jpg

Great pics, very helpful. :thumb:

Stinkytofus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2014
New York City
So, I ran the numbers for just buying the "nippless" top cap and new base from steam crave and it came to $34 rounded off with shipping. Not sure if it's worth it since I have 4.

Might just make more sense just to get 4 of the v2's.:facepalm:.................eventually, that is.
sell the v1's and get the v2's =)

Stringplucker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
Tarentum, PA, USA
do yo think you could torch the supreme to get some color into the SS version? I think I saw someone that did that to the original mizer... Just thinking out of the darn box...

If you're talking about this picture of my V1, the answer to your question would be Yes, you can torch it for color. It looks as though you can completely strip the Supreme down to parts and seals. I torched the V1 with a butane torch instead of propane, giving me more control on the color I wanted to achieve. Simple process, just takes a little bit of patience.

I ordered a black version of the Supreme on the 1st, about 30 minutes after they came up for pre-order on the Steam Crave site. This is the first thing I've ever pre-ordered, and the first thing I've bought without extensive research by reading multiple reviews. I have enough faith in Steam Crave and their level of customer service to feel safe in being one of the first 1000 to receive and use their product. Looking at the tank, you can see that they've listened to the V1 users and gave us everything we've asked for...top fill, ability to direct air to coils, AFC ring made of metal, etc. I hear they will begin shipping around the 10th of March. I'm really excited about this tank.

Reactions: Flaskmaster

EverPresentNoob

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2015
DC Metro area
If you're talking about this picture of my V1, the answer to your question would be Yes, you can torch it for color. It looks as though you can completely strip the Supreme down to parts and seals. I torched the V1 with a butane torch instead of propane, giving me more control on the color I wanted to achieve. Simple process, just takes a little bit of patience.

Yep. THats the pic I saw. now could you torch it more and get it into the blue and purples that you get in SS coils? Or is that heating it to much...

Stringplucker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
Tarentum, PA, USA
Yep. THats the pic I saw. now could you torch it more and get it into the blue and purples that you get in SS coils? Or is that heating it to much...
Yes, torching more than I did will allow you to reach the blue color. Due to the difference in alloys, you won't get purple, but you can get blue. Heat it slowly and pull from the flame as soon as you reach the color you want. You don't want to heat it to any shade of red due to possible warping from the heat.

I prefer Butane over Propane for color torching. You use more fuel, but have a little bit more control due to the temperature of the flame...Butane can reach 2600*F whereas Propane reaches 3600*F. Just remember...blue comes fast, where straw color takes more time...meaning that blue will happen quickly if you're not paying attention.

Reactions: Subohmies

ismokeinbinary

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2014
Kentucky
I can still order on the steamcrave site (but not with coupon anymore)

According to the SCFC they had 1000 up for preorder and they've sold them all. But maybe that just means the ones shipping on the 10th? Who knows? I know people are saying VapeNW has a preorder going and for less than SC.

dems86

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2014
Sacramento, CA, US
Thanks for posting Peta, it looks interesting.

Someone needs to work with them on their coil build though :eek:

Oh good, I'm not the only one who keyed in on those coils and cringed...good lord lol

This may just wind up being my first "cloud bro" tank, I've been somewhat curious about velocity style deck and dual coil CLAPTONS and what that would be like....hmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Arthur

Arthur

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2009
Houston, TX
Oh good, I'm not the only one who keyed in on those coils and cringed...good lord lol

This may just wind up being my first "cloud bro" tank, I've been somewhat curious about velocity style deck and dual coil CLAPTONS and what that would be like....hmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do it!

Reactions: dems86
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread