Not open for further replies.

wandawag

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2013
jacksonville, florida
tonight hubby told me he prefers our original greensmartliving cig a likes to vaping with the joye ego c. he has to be too careful with it, so as not to drop it, it doesn't taste or feel like a real cig like the little ones do. no problem, i will use all of our new equipment, as my new 1000mah battery doesn't last me long enough, so now i have his as the spare while mine is charging. what i think i need to shop for him is the 808's?? with the little screw on filters. i know i can get them cheaper with one of our vendors rather than the corner store....any suggestions as to vendor? he wants to not add liquid, just screw on his filter and go. because i have been so generous with our supplies to get others started, i am down to 1 battery and 1 tobacco cart. for now, i think i will just send him to the corner store because i am not ordering online until my new prepaid card arrives....that will give me plenty of shopping around time. any suggestions for hubby? (i thought i was done with this part of my project).

bazmonkey

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2013
Oakland, CA
Greensmartliving's ecigs are 510-threaded, not 808! They happened to be my first brand :) Their menthol and acai flavors are really good, actually.

510 and 808 are the most common connections you'll see, and you can tell those two apart from each other easily. With 510 connections the cartomizer (the filter) has the threads sticking out. With 808's the battery has the threads sticking out.

If you're looking to buy him a new kit that's cigarette-like, then yes, the 808's tend to be more popular and Smokeless Image is a great place to shop. If you're looking to buy him new filters for his current battery, you need 510 cartomizers. If you're willing to refill his filters for him, buying blanks and liquid will still help with the $$$ of it. I have been using Elite Vaporworks Home for my cartomizers recently and am happy with the quality. Their cartos come in adorable little plastic cases, they're horizontal-coil (same as greensmartliving's filters), and shipping is free.

You'll have to take other people's advise if you want pre-filled 510 cartos as I've never shopped for them.

Good luck!

Last edited:

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
I agree with Sikko on the Volt for a cig lookalike. The batts are just incomparable to others and last really most of the day, and their cartomizers are bottom coil which means the filler is above and away from the coil and hardly ever burns the filler. Most cartomizers have the coil running through the filler instead and if there is a dry hit, it burns the filler. I use my Volt for public occasions when I can't use my big mod :). Also, if you take a pic of yourself with your Volt and enter it on the Altsmoke thread in here, they will send you another free battery.

volume control

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
Mass
Cheapest and best cigalike imo is a kr808 with an esmart clearo. Its a really enjoyable vape and i used one almost every morning. Volts are great and recommended so much i wish i went with them, but im using a V2 kr808 chrome batt, and its great so no reason for me to switch until one of these batts acts up. I use a V2 shorty and its nice and small. I also use an Eroll quite a bit, which is a great cigalike, just needs to be refilled a lot or carry filled cartos around.

Canderson180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 21, 2013
Austin, TX
I feeeeell your pain. Once you go eGo you never go back...

green.jpg

Anywho, a Joye 510 kit would be nice... with cartomizers though, skip the atty-cartridge garbage.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I still use my GSL for stealth vaping or when I want to remind myself (somewhat) of what cigarettes were like (I don't like the taste of the cartridges). I use Vision Nanos of CE3 XLs of them (they are 510 threaded). I wish they were manual though, I find the automatics too much work.

ETA: They can be fun to play around with:

beargsl.jpg

Last edited:

USinchains

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2009
The Terrordrome, FL
www.myspace.com
Another one to look into is the eRoll, no need to worry about charging batteries all day, no disassembling to use the the pcc. Smaller and lighter. Tiny liquid tanks on them, though. I liked my 510 for dripping and stuck with the atomizer part for 3 years. Carrying a dripping bottle around was the same to me as carrying a lighter and sparking it before every smoke, he might also find dripping easier than priming and fiddling with cartridges or cartomizers. Just some more options to think of.

Last edited:

HK-47

ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2013
Arizona
Addition: I've had good success with the Halo G6 kit. It's an 808 threaded system, and the batteries come in either 200mAh or 280mAh. Usually good for a few hours of medium vaping, and Halo also has some tasty juices. Particularly like the Menthol Ice and the SubZero flavors so far. The peppermint is good too.

They're cig-a-like, the 280mAh batteries with a standard size carto are a bit longer and a smidge thicker than a 100's cigarette. The Halo cartos also have an easily removable end-cap for easy refilling/topping off the cartos.

I don't know if you were in the market for a new system or not, but that's the one that I've bought and still use when I'm out and about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread