SVD/Vamo 5/KMax/MVP2 or Tesla?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spydre

Jul 30, 2013
IL USA
Okay, my Sigelei Zmax is having the button issues indemic to, it seems, all the Zmax models. With mine, it's getting bad enough already (less than 45 days after receipt of the product), that I contacted Discount Vapers and they are going to check it, and if it checks out as defective (as it will), they will credit my account for what I paid for it, and I'm assuming tax. They no longer carry ANY Sigelei products, they just haven't updated their website to remove the products off their page, rather than just listing them as out of stock.

So, I will be getting "store credit" rather than a refund, so I have to work with what DV carries as far as VV/VW, and I'm at about 1/2 510 connectors, and 1/2 eGo connectors so ideally, I need to be getting one with both.

Well, okay, due to other feedback I've received, and some research I've done, I've pretty much narrowed it down to either the SVD or the MVP 2, or MAYBE the Vamo 5. I just don't quite know enough yet about the SVD, and I read that Pro tank 2 sometimes have issues with working with the Vamo, but I've yet to see what the issue is, or how to get around it. I prefer glass tanks to plastic, and I prefer the PT to the Davide.

The KSD Kmax is also a possibility, but I read somewhere that it's just a "prettier" Vamo, so wouldn't it still have the same issues with the PT2?

I don't know much about the MVP 2 either, other than it does NOT have removable batteries, so you are either tied to where it's charging, or you use another device when it's charging. But it only comes with a USB charging cable, but yet I've heard that charging a battery through your computer could be dangerous? Also, I mean, all batteries will eventually die and need replaced. What happens with the MVP when that happens?

So I guess, basically, I'm looking for feedback on those three/four, pros and cons, how to get around the Pro tank issue on the Vamo/KMax if possible, if the Vamo has the button problem that both the Zmaxes seem to have (I read somewhere that they can), as well as general sturdiness, as I'm a massive klutz, whether there is a lanyard available for them (again, massive klutz), and if you've used more than one of them before, please compare them to each other.

Any help is appreciated.

Oh, by the way, it wouldn't let me post or reply on any of the specific subforums on this section, even though I can post here. Does anyone know why?

LovinTheVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
Alpharetta, Ga
Okay, my Sigelei Zmax is having the button issues indemic to, it seems, all the Zmax models. With mine, it's getting bad enough already (less than 45 days after receipt of the product), that I contacted Discount Vapers and they are going to check it, and if it checks out as defective (as it will), they will credit my account for what I paid for it, and I'm assuming tax. They no longer carry ANY Sigelei products, they just haven't updated their website to remove the products off their page, rather than just listing them as out of stock.

So, I will be getting "store credit" rather than a refund, so I have to work with what DV carries as far as VV/VW, and I'm at about 1/2 510 connectors, and 1/2 eGo connectors so ideally, I need to be getting one with both.

Well, okay, due to other feedback I've received, and some research I've done, I've pretty much narrowed it down to either the SVD or the MVP 2, or MAYBE the Vamo 5. I just don't quite know enough yet about the SVD, and I read that Pro Tank 2 sometimes have issues with working with the Vamo, but I've yet to see what the issue is, or how to get around it. I prefer glass tanks to plastic, and I prefer the PT to the Davide.

The KSD Kmax is also a possibility, but I read somewhere that it's just a "prettier" Vamo, so wouldn't it still have the same issues with the PT2?

I don't know much about the MVP 2 either, other than it does NOT have removable batteries, so you are either tied to where it's charging, or you use another device when it's charging. But it only comes with a USB charging cable, but yet I've heard that charging a battery through your computer could be dangerous? Also, I mean, all batteries will eventually die and need replaced. What happens with the MVP when that happens?

So I guess, basically, I'm looking for feedback on those three/four, pros and cons, how to get around the Pro Tank issue on the Vamo/KMax if possible, if the Vamo has the button problem that both the Zmaxes seem to have (I read somewhere that they can), as well as general sturdiness, as I'm a massive klutz, whether there is a lanyard available for them (again, massive klutz), and if you've used more than one of them before, please compare them to each other.

Any help is appreciated.

Oh, by the way, it wouldn't let me post or reply on any of the specific subforums on this section, even though I can post here. Does anyone know why?

I can only speak to the MVP because that's what I have.

1) It does only come with a USB charger, but any USB wall charger (cell phone, previous vape gear, etc.) will work with it.
2) I've personally never worried about using a device that was designed as a "pass thru" for that purpose. Plug it into your computer and vape away.
3) When the MVP "dies" it goes into the trash. There are posts I've read regarding people attempting to replace it's internal batts, but for the price I'd never bother/take the chance. Not to mention, estimated MVP life is 1-1.5+ years...by then we'll all have moved on to the "Next bestest, greatest device ever" ;)

I really can't find a major flaw with this product, as far as my personal needs are concerned. VV/VW, phenomenal batt life, and built like a tank. With the correct atty, I no longer have to think about my set up...just vape :vapor:

spydre

Jul 30, 2013
IL USA
Thank you to both of you. Lovinthevapor, how long did it take you to get used to holding a box rather than something....round? Like I said, I have issues with my hands, so that could be an issue.

Rotku, thank you. I did know about the way it allows 510 connections. A lot of things I read said it's basically a vamo, just a prettier one, and the prettier they are, the more they cost, at least on DV. So is it worth the extra $10 over the Vamo 5? Are there other features that the Vamo doesn't have?

Anyone with direct experience of the SVD?

Dconnor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2013
Las Vegas
I have the Vamo V3 and the MVP 2. I use the MVP out and about, and the Vamo at home. The MVP has great battery life, and with that and two Protanks I am good all day. It is also smaller than the Vamo with an 18650 in it.

From a function standpoint they are similar. I also was not sure about the box form originally, but very quickly grew to like it. No more rolling off the table, and it allows it to be shorter, so more convenient to carry.

spydre

Jul 30, 2013
IL USA
I have the Vamo V3 and the MVP 2. I use the MVP out and about, and the Vamo at home. The MVP has great battery life, and with that and two Protanks I am good all day. It is also smaller than the Vamo with an 18650 in it.

From a function standpoint they are similar. I also was not sure about the box form originally, but very quickly grew to like it. No more rolling off the table, and it allows it to be shorter, so more convenient to carry.

About how long does the battery last you - ie, how many tanks, I guess? I'm pretty sure I vape more than you, I vape more than two Pro Tanks a day, usually, I think, so I guess I should be more concerned about how many tanks it can get through than how many days it would last, since everyone vapes differently, at different rates, etc. I mean, I know how long my 650 batteries will last me, mostly.

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
I have an SVD and a Vamo 2. The SVD is a vastly superior device, especially if you're using protank IIs. The SVD is much superior in terms of build quality and durability (especially the threading which is weak on the vamo) and the protank II sits perfectly flush on the SVD.

The only drawback is that you'll need to order some 3000+ mah batteries because the SVD eats them up faster than the vamo.

LovinTheVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
Alpharetta, Ga
Thank you to both of you. Lovinthevapor, how long did it take you to get used to holding a box rather than something....round? Like I said, I have issues with my hands, so that could be an issue.

Rotku, thank you. I did know about the way it allows 510 connections. A lot of things I read said it's basically a vamo, just a prettier one, and the prettier they are, the more they cost, at least on DV. So is it worth the extra $10 over the Vamo 5? Are there other features that the Vamo doesn't have?

Anyone with direct experience of the SVD?

It's funny, but holding something round actually bothered me. eGo style batts kept my hands in the "making a fist" position all day, and I constantly felt the need to stretch them out. With the MVP's box shape, I no longer experience that :)

spydre

Jul 30, 2013
IL USA
I have an SVD and a Vamo 2. The SVD is a vastly superior device, especially if you're using protank IIs. The SVD is much superior in terms of build quality and durability (especially the threading which is weak on the vamo) and the protank II sits perfectly flush on the SVD.

The only drawback is that you'll need to order some 3000+ mah batteries because the SVD eats them up faster than the vamo.

Well, I have three, I think 2200 mah 18650's on hand. Hopefully, with as quick as the Nitecore charges them, that should be enough. I don't often leave the house since I can't drive, and am disabled and can't work, and other reasons.

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
Well, I have three, I think 2200 mah 18650's on hand. Hopefully, with as quick as the Nitecore charges them, that should be enough. I don't often leave the house since I can't drive, and am disabled and can't work, and other reasons.

Then definitely pick up an SVD. For $37 at FT, it's an amazing value. You won't be disappointed.

spydre

Jul 30, 2013
IL USA
Well, I have to get it from Discount Vapers, since I'm returning a defective Sigelei Zmax, and they no longer carry them (a disappointment), I'm getting in store credit, which I'm using to get this one. So essentially, it's free (provided that Eric from DV can re-create the problems I was having with the Zmax, otherwise, that comes back to me), and with the price difference between the Sigelei and ANY of the choices there except the $139 Innoken, I'm probably either going to pick up a couple of drip tips, or more likely a mini Davide, since no where here sells them (only one of the FOUR B&Ms in this area even stocks the full sized Davides), and I'm not going to drive to St. Louis just to get an overpriced one.

spydre

Jul 30, 2013
IL USA
Well, Discount Vapers has informed me they aren't going to do in store credit, they are going to completely refund my money. Frankly, since they are no longer carrying the Zmax, that was my desired outcome, but I was initially told I would only get in store credit. What I read when I was researching the button issue (on these forums) is that it seemed as if it may have been a circuit board issue. And of course, it's a rare issue at that, not everyone has it happen. Well, I tracked down a site where I can get Version 5 - still telescoping, but a different circuit board as they have added more functions to put it more in line with the MVP, it seems - for actually $5 LESS than what I paid for V3 at Discount Vapers, which is what should be refunded to me.

So I MAY get that, I may get something else, I'm not sure yet, but I'd still kind of like to get the Sigelei. It's the brand I know, and I trust it.

spydre

Jul 30, 2013
IL USA
Okay, the Sigelei is now off the table, but I'm getting a cash refund, can go with any vendor, just need recommendations of the best (in each of your opinions) VW APV in the same price range as the Zmax. Please. In the mean time, I'm looking, hopefully going to manage to look at reviews today as well. One concern about the MVP is the button is much harder to push, and I have MS, so I sometimes have weakness and/or tremors in my hands - which could create the same problem I was having with Zmax about it cutting out, but it being because of me, not because of the device malfunctioning. This weekend, I plan on going into a shop that does carry it, and that at least one staffer uses it, so that I can actually see how difficult it is to depress the button enough to fire it.

TIA

LovinTheVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
Alpharetta, Ga
Okay, the Sigelei is now off the table, but I'm getting a cash refund, can go with any vendor, just need recommendations of the best (in each of your opinions) VW APV in the same price range as the Zmax. Please. In the mean time, I'm looking, hopefully going to manage to look at reviews today as well. One concern about the MVP is the button is much harder to push, and I have MS, so I sometimes have weakness and/or tremors in my hands - which could create the same problem I was having with Zmax about it cutting out, but it being because of me, not because of the device malfunctioning. This weekend, I plan on going into a shop that does carry it, and that at least one staffer uses it, so that I can actually see how difficult it is to depress the button enough to fire it.

TIA

Being you suffer from MS, maybe the MVP is not the best choice for you. When new, my V2 button was def stiff. But now after 3 weeks it has loosened up a bit.

The SVD is a quality product at an equally great price. And replaceable batts are a huge plus.

$37.21 from FT (just the body)
$37.21 INNOKIN iTaste SVD Telescoping Variable Voltage E-Cigarette Mod / Battery Compartment at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

or $60.08 including 2 complete iClear 30's and 3 additional replacement heads
$60.08 INNOKIN iTaste SVD Telescoping Variable Voltage Electronic Cigarette Set - w/ 2 x iClear30 atomizers and heating cores at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Good luck either way you end up going :vapor:

LovinTheVapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2010
Alpharetta, Ga
I'm stuck on the vamo and SVD myself. Looking at the reviews It seems the SVD has the upper edge on the vamo, but the SVD looks huge in comparison.

The SVD does stand maybe 2 inches taller than the Vamo, but (IMHO) the build quality is so worth the extra length. The running joke with my buddy who owns a Vamo V3, is watching him struggle (and cuss :laugh:) to reassemble it when he swaps out batts. It always takes him at least 3 trys to get the threads to line up correctly.

On a side note, Ox1de do you live anywhere near Aliquippa PA? A really good friend of mine moved up there a few yrs back.

piggy

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2013
New York
I have an svd for 2 months now, and a vamo v2 for about 9 mos.
My vamo never worked well in single battery mode so I always needed to stack, but the electronics in the vamo has since changed with the newer models. The smaller 2 top batteries stopped clicking after about 6 mos. but they still work when pressed.
The svd build quality seems better. It's heftier taller, wider, and overall feels better, and have no issues using single batts. Spring loaded 510 pin is a big plus for me. I don't have to worry about overtightening. I'm not crazy about the fact that you have to wait about 2 seconds until the lcd is clear before you start pressing the vape button, or else it will misfire. Also every once in a while (like once a day) it will shut off for no apparent reason. The spring loaded 510 pin is a real plus in the svd. Other than that, IMO the svd is superior to the vamo v2.

deboraht

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2013
USA
I've been using Vamos, but just got the iTaste SVD in the mail and it feels like it's made of aluminum, it feels flimsy and it came with plastic tanks euughh.

I bought it on EBay, so seeing people say its solid, maybe i got ripped off as it's very thin metal, supposed to be stainless steel!

I have to figure how to use all the attachments, it's in the box and i am happily using the vamo which feels so much more solid.

Should have got a ProVari and be done with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread