Swallowing throat after vaping? (asthma)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Meh I love the vape life, I can say i’m Not going stop but,how ever I just asking people if they had these expanders because I found Other post, that people was having allergic Reaction to some of juice.
Possibly the flavor you have is something you could be allergic to.
I have to watch strawberry flavors. Some of them cause my thought to feel tight.

Check with your doctor.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Hawise

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
AB, Canada
I just asking people if they had these expanders because I found Other post, that people was having allergic Reaction to some of juice.

The word you were looking for is "swollen" throat. "Swallow" is what you do with your throat - swallowing something moves it from your mouth to your stomach. There's also a bird called a swallow, but I don't think it has much to do with vaping.

Ejuice is made of four main things: VG, PG, nicotine (usually) and flavourings. It's possible to have a bad reaction to PG, VG or flavourings. I suppose you could also have a nicotine intolerance, but as most vapers are ex-smokers that doesn't tend to come up much. Swelling in your throat is a very bad reaction indeed, so I have to agree with the other posters - if vaping is making your throat swell, stop vaping!

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Stop vaping, see your doctor, especially if you have asthma. It's certainly possible that you are sensitive to a vape ingredient (I can't vape PG for example, it makes me have respiratory issues) but there is no real way to know what is going on, and it would be smarter to talk to a doctor about it, not random people on the internet, seriously.

If your doc gives you the go ahead (maybe with a rescue strategy if you get that sensation) you may be able to try and isolate what ingredient(s) are in your vape juice that are giving your problems, could be VG, PG, flavoring or nicotine. IF the doc gives you the go ahead. I understand enjoying "vape life" but you have asthma, man, are you not worried that your airway is swelling sealed? I would be. Please consult your medical professional.

Anna

jfcooley

I find your lack of faith disturbing...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2017
Charlottesville, Virginia
My rule of thumb is simply this:

If I can't breathe or feel like something's affecting my breathing in a dangerous and somewhat immediate way, I don't do it.

See a doctor. Not trying to be harsh but breathing and swallowing rank up there in the "Things I must continue doing" catagory. Don't mess around and seek professional help.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Meh I love the vape life, I can say i’m Not going stop but,how ever I just asking people if they had these expanders because I found Other post, that people was having allergic Reaction to some of juice.
Welcome and glad you joined.
The information below may help
Might like to read:
Dr. Polosa, Italian vapor and tobacco expert, reviews e-cigs in BMC Medicine | American Council on Science and Health
https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...g-tobacco-and-changing-to-an-ecigarette.3305/

Reactions: Possum64
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread