Sweetener recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

o4_srt

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Lancaster, PA
For anyone that HASN'T tried EZ-Sweetz, you're missing out.

I was previously using ethyl maltol solution, and that does not even compare.

I added 2 drops of EZ_Sweetz to about 1.5 mL of juice (ripe banana), and the sweetness is just amazing. As someone who loves sweet liquid, this stuff promises to be a liquid-saver. I have a bunch of liquid I made that is rather tart, and I'm sure this will fix them.

You can get a sample size bottle for 1 cent, plus shipping:

EZ-Sweetz® Free Sample

try it out, you won't be disappointed :toast:

Fitdiculous

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
Milton, Ontario
I haven't yet started DIY... just waiting for my products to come in. But I'm assuming there is no issues using this to sweeten dull flavours already purchased from vendors? like 1 drop will help enhance it? I got some juices that are just plain bland but bearable.. I wouldn't want "ruin" it either if this is TOO sweet...

Safira

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Plainfield,IL
I have both EM and EZ-Sweetz, some mixes I want the EM to add just a very light hint of sweetness. But EM is not really sugar sweet, I don't know how to describe it but it's not like putting sugar on something.

o4, if you used 2 drops for 1.5 ml then you like things really sweet. With the EZ sweet my taste buds like it around 1 drop per 4 or 5 ml. That stuff really does add a nice sugary sweetness to things. Like adding it to apple and making a candies apple with just one drop of EZ sweetz. I really didn't know what I was missing until I tried this stuff, it's made DIY so much more fun, but I still use EM for some recipes. Sometimes, the EZ Sweetz isn't the right stuff, but for most things it's great.

o4_srt

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Lancaster, PA
I have both EM and EZ-Sweetz, some mixes I want the EM to add just a very light hint of sweetness. But EM is not really sugar sweet, I don't know how to describe it but it's not like putting sugar on something.

o4, if you used 2 drops for 1.5 ml then you like things really sweet. With the EZ sweet my taste buds like it around 1 drop per 4 or 5 ml. That stuff really does add a nice sugary sweetness to things. Like adding it to apple and making a candies apple with just one drop of EZ sweetz. I really didn't know what I was missing until I tried this stuff, it's made DIY so much more fun, but I still use EM for some recipes. Sometimes, the EZ Sweetz isn't the right stuff, but for most things it's great.

i do like sweet juice :2cool:

it has really taken my DIY juice to another level. Things that were just OK are now top notch.

And Fitdiculous, yes, you can add it to premade juice. Works just the same.

Fitdiculous

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
Milton, Ontario
i do like sweet juice :2cool:

it has really taken my DIY juice to another level. Things that were just OK are now top notch.

And Fitdiculous, yes, you can add it to premade juice. Works just the same.

thanks for the info! too bad I can't take advantage of this free sample offer being in Canada :(

I'll have to find a local supplier then ..

Elf

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
California
I just posted one of my recipes in the Recipe section, for Elf's Sweet Cinnamon. In this recipe I use a super concentrated Ethyl Maltol liquid, the result of which is a sweetness beyond compare to the standard 10% Ethyl Maltol liquids. If anyone is looking for another super sweet taste, the instructions for making the concentrate are posted in the recipe.

Fitdiculous

ECF Veteran
Jul 22, 2010
Milton, Ontario
You can buy PA's sucralose blend from HappyVapor in Canada. He carries a lot of flavorings and he's a great vendor.

awesome! I get all my hardware from there and have met Jack on numerous occasions. Going to see him tomorrow in fact to pick up some DIY stuff and flavours.... didn't even see this on his site, thank you!

Elf

ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2009
California
Thanks Elf! I can't do much cinnamon but I'll sure try the EM your way. I've been mixing 1/8 - 1/4 tsp. in 10ml of PG and it's fine for most recipes.

in short, the PG can take a lot more than 10% Ethyl Maltol. It just takes time to do it right, and the repeating steps appear important as when you are pushing it to its saturation limit, some EM will try to precipitate out each time it cools if you are doing it properly. This is also why the final set time is also important, so that your final fluid is saturated, yet stable.

I have found 2 unique things about using this concentrated EM. First, it can push the sweetness to well beyond what most people accept as the "standard Ethyl Maltol sweetened flavor" without starting to taste funny (as i have had sucralose do), and secondly, it takes much less concentrated solution to even make a "standard" sweetness if you so desire, freeing up extra room in your mix for other stuff. (higher nic, or more vg, or more flavor).

When I started experimenting more with raw ingredients, I was amazed at how sweet EM liquid could be pushed, and this in itself is the reason I personally use it. It can add a whole new dimension to other flavors that you just can not even get to using the standard 10% strength.

Anyway with people clamoring for "MORE Sweet!", I just thought I'd share my trick that seems to accomplish all of this for me. In fact, I think my Sweet Cinnamon recipe really pushes the sweet envelope to the point where it might be TOO sweet for some, and yet unlike my experiments with the sucralose where too much starts to really give a BAD taste (and aftertaste), I have not had such an experience with concentrated EM liquid yet. I'm not saying it isnt possible (I'm sure it is), but i mean wow... there comes a point where I just cant understand anyone truly wanting anything sweeter.

Myself, I always have a bottle of this magic stuff on hand. When it gets low, I just repeat the process and fill the bottle back up again. It has become a staple of mixing to me, as much as PG and VG has. Oh, and it works great with just about any flavor you choose to add. It certainly doesn't have to be just with cinnamon, although to me the combination is spectacular. Don't get me wrong, Atomic Cinnacide is really good, but this stuff... wow... since I came up with this, I have inadvertently become the one stop source for liquids not only in this house, but also on the rest of my street :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread