Swelling throughout entire body

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisk1982

Jan 27, 2022
I know this post is about to get demonized and harshly commented on but here is a few facts I PERSONALLY have come across.

I vape(d) heavily for quiet a long time and it always seems I have intense body wide aches and swelling I have seen over 20 doctors had blood work of every sort drawn up and tested from hormone too Rheumatoid arthritis etc and all I get told is in healthier than even the drs are blood pressure is perfect etc however on the DAILY I've noticed from head too toe literally scalp neck forhead checks chest abdomin hips legs feet arms hands etc etc swelling that literally was just getting worse on the daily, it's a scary feeling to get worse and worse and even PT to say "where is it coming from" and be told by drs your fine if I'm demonized too much I could always upload several of the photos I've took in horror as I've watched my body consistently break further and further daily. I came across a article in my researching WTF is going on and it talks about vaping can cause inflammation, I'm only 2 days out from not vaping anymore and while it isn't a full remission the swelling has SIGNIFICANTLY reduced and I assume will continue to do so I hurt a lot less and it's sad because I truly love vaping monster clouds the taste the freedom to puff almost anywhere if you want to be sneaky and hold your breath.... Anyways just wanted to share my experience with others have fun chastising me for dissing our favorite past time just wanted to share in case there comes a day someone else experiences anything like I have at all

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Welcome to ecf @Chrisk1982

Of course your case is unusual, but I can’t discount it from being real. If you were to make your own juice, you could adjust the various ingredients to see if you could identify the offender.

Either that, or take up snus.

Best of luck.

Chrisk1982

Jan 27, 2022
    Thanks for not being harsh and I agree it's extremely unusual and only 2 days in I cannot fully blame the vape, but to finally see and feel some type of relief sadly I'm happy to smoke tobacco in the mean time of continuing test, reading that it in fact can cause swelling in the body was a eye opener for me
    Study: E-Cigarettes Trigger Inflammation in the Gut.

Reactions: smacuser

BoilerGuy

Unresolved Status
    Sep 13, 2016
    • Deleted by retired1
    • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Yes sir! I'll see that and raise you one.:pop: :pop:

As to the OG post, stop vaping, do not smoke tobacco, do not chew tobacco or use Snus. Eliminate all tobacco products from your Life.

Then, after a good solid 4-6 months, see How Your Body reacts.

If you are still experiencing medical problems then find some new doctors.

Good luck.

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
    Dec 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    It's vapor lock! Is your nose wiggling uncontrollably? Are your farts cloudy? Calling Dr. Bombaaaay!!

The link to the study you reference has been removed, but I searched for it by title. Many things that parade as science are something other than science, such as alarmism, superstition, and/or pharma funded controlled opposition or tobacco funded controlled opposition. Reading the UCSD article, I noticed it says "The researchers found that two chemicals used as a base for all e-cigarette liquid vapor — propylene glycol and vegetable glycerol — were the cause of inflammation."

First, eliquids contain glycerin, not glycerol, though they are similar. That alone makes me wonder what college students in a garage were using their thesaurus to write a study that looked all smart and academic.

I continued reading: "In reality, it’s the chemicals making up the vapor liquid that we should be more concerned about as they are the cause of gut inflammation.”

Really? And how did they come to that sweeping conclusion?

"For the study, the team used 3D models of human intestinal tracts generated from patient cells and simulated what happens when e-cigarette vapors enter the gut lining. Researchers validated the findings using mice models of vaping in collaboration with Laura Crotty-Alexander, MD, associate professor of medicine in the Division of Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine at UC San Diego School of Medicine and section chief of Pulmonary Critical Care at Veterans Affairs San Diego Healthcare System."

Mice models of vaping?

Give me strength. Both propylene glycol and vegetable glycerin are used in all sorts of medicines and in foods. If you feel better when you stop vaping, then by all means, stop vaping. Your strategy, "I'm happy to smoke tobacco" will be as logical as the vaping gut test.

• Winner
    Reactions: pt91 and MLEJ

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
    Dec 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    Yeah. There's that. Vaping give me zits, but it's worth it.
    Really, smacuser, do you feel vaping gives you zits, or were you just joking?

I've been going back and forth with myself on this: say something, leave it alone, say something, say nothing, say something, none of my business.

If you really believe vaping gives you zits, I'll have suggestions that may help. If you were just joking, or don't want to hear from me about it, I'll keep my thoughts to myself.

I went through eczema in 2018. If I'd not been vaping already since 2012, I might have wondered if vaping did it. The official medical racket says skin conditions like eczema, psoriasis and acne can't be cured. That's because they have no pharmaceutical witch brews that work without causing more harm than good. I researched and researched and researched, tried theory after theory, and discovered what works. We're all different, but there are a few common conditions on the inside of us that will show up on the outside, and on the whole nothing you can rub on the outside will work without taking care of what's going on inside.

Much love. Vape in peace, health and abundance.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Really, smacuser, do you feel vaping gives you zits, or were you just joking?.

I truly believe it does. Not as bad as when I first started, even then it wasn’t terrible. Just a few on my chest. I came to that conclusion when I read others saying the same thing. Not a big deal.

I also occasionally use 2% Ketoconezole shampoo, so there’s that.

I would have replied earlier, but just ran across this now.

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    swollen-face.gif

Reactions: puffon

Bliss Doubt

ECF Veteran
    Dec 10, 2012
    San Antonio
    I truly believe it does. Not as bad as when I first started, even then it wasn’t terrible. Just a few on my chest. I came to that conclusion when I read others saying the same thing. Not a big deal.

I also occasionally use 2% Ketoconezole shampoo, so there’s that.

I would have replied earlier, but just ran across this now.
    Well I don't want to intrude, but if you're interested in having a look, pm me and I'll send you a pamphlet I made up at the end of my eczema ordeal.

I know nothing of your age, diet, other habits besides vaping, and I'll never ask. The anonymity of the forum allows us to express ourselves freely, and I respect that. But as I said, I went through a lot of theories, some that worked for me, some that didn't, but it addresses what I found out about common conditions and imbalances that can show up on the skin. It could be the pg, the vg or something in your flavors, is interacting with some other process, but I believe vaping is health giving to a recovering smoker, life saving, and that whatever it is can be fixed.

I'll be editing it down some while I wait. All is up to you. If you don't pm, my feelings won't be hurt, and I'll never bring it up again.

• Love
    Reactions: smacuser
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread