Switch to VG

Status
Not open for further replies.

siren.6

Aug 8, 2015
I think I want to switch to 100 vg. Will I need to upgrade my entire set-up or just the tank? I currently use a spinner pen style battery with an Aspire CE5 tank.

If the entire set-up needs upgraded, any suggestions for something small? I have looked at the isticks and really would not want anything larger in size than the 30w (size meaning how it fits in my hand not power:))

Thanks for your help!

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
I think I want to switch to 100 vg. Will I need to upgrade my entire set-up or just the tank? I currently use a spinner pen style battery with an Aspire CE5 tank.

If the entire set-up needs upgraded, any suggestions for something small? I have looked at the isticks and really would not want anything larger in size than the 30w (size meaning how it fits in my hand not power:))

Thanks for your help!

I think it will all depend on which vendor's juice you use. If you mix your own, add a % of distilled water until it will wick to your satisfaction. For vendor made juice, different vendors use different % distilled water to make "aqueous" VG that is thin enough to wick. You might have to try a couple different vendors to find one that works for you.

If you're happy with the Aspire and a spinner, no reason not to stick with that.

Reactions: Izan

JavaJunkie

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Virginia
Some tanks can't handle PG-free juices even with some water in them. Aspire has stated that the Nautilus and the Atlantis need some PG. Innokin iSubtank needs some in the juice and I think Joyetech tanks need it. I've used Kanger tanks with PG-free flavors and it's worked out for me. I do think coil life suffers a bit, but it's no big deal.

BobbyGWurd

Nov 13, 2015
Calgary, Canada

Thanks for your help!

What are you switching to 100 VG from? Are you jumping right from a 50/50?

siren.6

Aug 8, 2015
According to the Aspire website, my tank is a BDC (whatever that means). I am jumping from a 65vg/35pg to the 100vg. I am definitely not opposed to diluting it with distilled water.

I also checked out the iSticks and sub ohm tanks while I was there. I may end up upgrading but I am still debating. Still somewhat of a newbie if you can't tell. I am going to have to look up what RTA means...lol.

Thanks again for all the replies!

Vaping_Racoon

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2015
Montreal
No problem :p learning is great!

A BDC device is one that functions with Bottom Dual Coil technology, they also make Bottom Vertical Coils now which are believed
to be an improvement to the BDC amongst the community, look it up :p

RTA is Rebuildable Tank Atomizer, means it can function with pre-built coils or you could also build your own coils (it's what vapes up the juice), it's really easy and
cost effective.

Yes, going with the RTA is one big buy because you end up paying 30-50 for a tank and 30-50 for a Battery but it's worth it IMO because you get
many options in terms of vaping with that kind of device + long battery life.

The Subox Mini Kit (RTA Tank + Battery) is what I rock now and it is a wonderful unit that you can find at around 80-90$ or less, depending on where you live :)
...and it can vape Max VG very good, without a doubt :p + there is alot on info for it around here.

siren.6

Aug 8, 2015
Thanks for the info! Now that you mention it, I am actually using BVC coils in my tank :) The last time I purchased coils, I noticed they looked different so I did a little research on the coils to find out that they are BVC. The BVC coils do work better.

I did see the Subox Mini at the vape shop but I think it had a much higher price tag on it here locally.

So far my little tank is withstanding the vg without diluting it. I guess if it starts burning through coils too quickly, then I will start to dilute it.

Reactions: juniemarie

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Thanks for the info! Now that you mention it, I am actually using BVC coils in my tank :) The last time I purchased coils, I noticed they looked different so I did a little research on the coils to find out that they are BVC. The BVC coils do work better.

I did see the Subox Mini at the vape shop but I think it had a much higher price tag on it here locally.

Yes... BVC should be noticeably better.. and longer lasting...

When it comes to pricing, you have to weigh up a good few things. I don't object to paying more at a local shop and often do so. Sadly, some shops get it wrong trying to make *too much* profit from certain mods. Two years ago, a shop was selling MVP version 2s for $100.
I paid about $45 for mine. That sort of difference is not really acceptable.

.....and let's not forget, the self-proclaimed #1 rated vaping store in America is happy to overcharge and then boast to their potential re-sellers about 400% profit margins.

These are the bad guys in the movie, not the local shops which should be supported unless it's just crazy money.

ElectriSean

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2014
Alberta, Canada
RTA is Rebuildable Tank Atomizer, means it can function with pre-built coils or you could also build your own coils (it's what vapes up the juice), it's really easy and cost effective.

Should note that technically a RTA doesn't use pre-built coils. Most of the new sub ohm tanks can use pre-built coils and have an RBA head available as well. But 'old school' RTA's like the Kayfun, Lemo etc don't have a factory coil option.

Reactions: Vaping_Racoon

Vaping_Racoon

ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2015
Montreal
Should note that technically a RTA doesn't use pre-built coils. Most of the new sub ohm tanks can use pre-built coils and have an RBA head available as well. But 'old school' RTA's like the Kayfun, Lemo etc don't have a factory coil option.

True that.. Sorry about the misleading here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread