Status
Not open for further replies.

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
Kansas City, Missouri
If you epoxy your face plate on, how do you remove it for repairs?
qpwTE1KLSVM.jpg

?

This is an old post but I hope the modder is still around to answer a question. As the post above asked, what is the best method to use with attaching the faceplate? I had epoxied a mod together a while back using the sx350 with a lipo. The mod was left in a bag for quite some time and the battery died beyond being able to bring it back to life. I ended up having to saw the mod apart making it un-repairable. Is there some other glue or method other modders are using to get these faceplates on while not exposing screws?

CaptSteve

Airborn ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
41,000ft at M 0.85
@CaptSteve
Any tips on getting a fat daddy battery tube into the mod with the negative wire already soldered to it?

That's not really possible. However what I do is drill a hole in the FD battery tube, tap the hole with. 3/16 tap and then once it slides in the mod I then put a screw in and attach the negative wire

@CaptSteve
Any tips on getting a fat daddy battery tube into the mod with the negative wire already soldered to it?

So I did exactly what Capt described with the Fat Daddy SS tube. I originally tried soldering to it and soon found out that this is not possible especially inside a wood mod. So I drilled and tapped using a #4-40 screw and filled it flush on the inside. I wrapped the wire around this and soldered to the screw. It worked very well.

I posted my mod but put it under the Modding forum general section. I wish I put it under the Wood section as most of the build was Cocobolo wood and an Ebony faceplate. It uses the DNA 60 board which so far is really nice. I do wish that Evolv made the holes larger for soldering input and outputs to as their recommended wire sizes do not fit in the holes.

Great work Capt, this thread is what inspired me to get busy making a mod. I do wish I had the machinery you have but the Fat Daddy stuff works out ok. Not as custom as I'd like but it got the job done. The rest of the build was with hand tools, chisels, saws, brace and bit, etc. This is how I woodwork so ended up making the mod this way.

Reactions: CaptSteve

Infinite

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
SF Bay Area, Sacramento CA
FYI, mamu describes how to solder to the SS tubes in Her build PDF for the sierra mod :)
She also has a link to Aluminum Solder & flux, She used for the job :)
I've tried searching for this (Tapatalk), happen to have a link? Would really like to see the build.

For that matter, would love to know what you all are using to Mill out for the chips? I am covered for everything else, just do the k ow a quick'ish most efficient method to remove the amount of wood that I need for the chip- cleanly :).

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Steamer861
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread