SXK DOGGY STYLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I know a bunch of people who would NEVER touch a clone... They always buy the authentic only and call you names for not.
I remember...the clone wars were tapering off about the time I started coming around here.

I notice you still have a remnant of them on your tag line- kind of like your own rebel flag with "Forget, Hell!" ;)

edit: And I know of one that took the anti position back then got a clone atty from me last year. Hey, no matter what you think of IP rights, if you want a tank and can't get any other.....

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
I know many people did this Kat. But I learned that the doggy doesn't have to be tight at all to be sealed. If you just tighten until you feel the resistance, then maybe 1/8 turn, you can just push a thumbnail into the slot with just a little pressure and unscrew. In all the time I used doggies, I never had to use a tool to unscrew, and never had a leak. You just have to trust the seal. Probably hard to do for the many people that went through years of leaky atties, though. :)

I TRUST the seal. I do NOT trust my nails. ;)

Thru my life and experience and relationship with my (natural) nails, I found it best not to use them as tools.

Besides, dawgerz, what the hell am I gonna do with all those cutie pie screwdrivers? :D

Reactions: ricks

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
@PasoFino, I'd say the build is pretty much the same for both versions. IMO, the top-fill version is overrated. I still use the 2K16 allllllllllll the time. They are up there with my small list of fave tanks.

And, with one of these, the bottom fill is a breeze!

View attachment 871379

Who do i see about PTSD (Post Triggered Stress Disorder) because i just had a flashback to the original Lemo RTA, which came with one of those very screwdrivers....and was also bottom fill....and the screwdriver was also used to adjust the internal bottom airflow control

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Midworld
Come on over, we'll tawk! It's only a 157-hour plane ride away. :blink:

Geekswipe_Can-a-commercial-airplane-fly-upside-down_Res_Flight_1.jpg

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
To be fair, the song "When I think about you I touch my clone" doesn't have the same ring to it.

It is also slightly less, IDK, gross? I'm shocked by what gets by in lyrics sometimes. (I mean not rap but... it's rap.)

But an elderly pop song about .........ion is just FINE? Think of the children.

Sorry not too with it this morning. I don't feel one bit guilty about my Kayfun clones but if I ever don't hate one maybe I will, etc.

Anna

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Not! Order canceled. Can anyone recommend a doggy clone similar with the looser airflow like the SJMY? How about the Animodz?

That one does have the bigger airflow hole like the SJMY. Before the corona virus hit, 'ships in 7 business days' was fasttech coding for out of stock/discontinued - no idea if that is still the case though.
    This one also has the larger airflow hole:
    $7.28 Doggystyle Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 3.5ml / 316 stainless steel + acrylic at FastTech - Free Shipping

magicmyst

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 10, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    That one does have the bigger airflow hole like the SJMY. Before the corona virus hit, 'ships in 7 business days' was fasttech coding for out of stock/discontinued - no idea if that is still the case though.
    This one also has the larger airflow hole:
    $7.28 Doggystyle Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 3.5ml / 316 stainless steel + acrylic at FastTech - Free Shipping
    Thanks. I ordered 2 of the SXK 2K18 (ships next day) and 2 of the Animodz (in stock yesterday). I forgot to split it into 2 orders to get one faster, but everything has shipped! So I may have new doggies in 10 days or so. My current tanks are 3 SJMY doggies and a couple of Siren V2, which I'm going to shelve. I've tried way too many tanks over the years. Nothing compares to my doggies: A+ flavor and they never, ever leak!

ricks

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 11, 2011
    Moscow PA
    Does the 2018 version vape as good as 2016 version or is it a loose mtl?
    I have considered 2018 version but the dvarw and kf lite might have a tighter mtl??
    I'm using my 2K18 currently and the air can be closed very tight. Just as tight as the 2K16.

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Does the 2018 version vape as good as 2016 version or is it a loose mtl?
    I have considered 2018 version but the dvarw and kf lite might have a tighter mtl??

It does have a larger airflow 2.5mm compared to the sxk 2k16's 1.8mm. You could always get some cheaper clones:
    $6.40 Doggystyle Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - stainless steel + acrylic / 3.5ml / 22mm dia. at FastTech - Free Shipping
    This version has the smaller 1.8mm airflow and swap out the positive post to put into 2k18 doggy

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 30, 2017
    Metro ATL
    It does have a larger airflow 2.5mm compared to the sxk 2k16's 1.8mm. You could always get some cheaper clones:
    $6.40 Doggystyle Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - stainless steel + acrylic / 3.5ml / 22mm dia. at FastTech - Free Shipping
    This version has the smaller 1.8mm airflow and swap out the positive post to put into 2k18 doggy
    Almost tagged you to answer him a couple of days ago Ange, because you're the only one I know with both. But then my life got really busy this week, dealing with everything that's going on.

I didn't realize that 2K18 intake was that much bigger. Or that you can swap the posts with the 2K16. I bought several of the SJMY posts, so I might think about getting a 2K18 one for the stash, since my beloved Precisio is so hard to get, and True is disappearing pretty quick. Knew you'd come along to help!

Last edited:

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Almost tagged you to answer him a couple of days ago Ange, because you're the only one I know with both. But then my life got really busy this week, dealing with everything that's going on.

I didn't realize that 2K18 intake was that much bigger. Or that you can swap the posts with the 2K16. I bought several of the SJMY posts, so I might think about getting a 2K18 one for the stash, since my beloved Precisio is so hard to get, and True is disappearing pretty quick. Knew you'd come along to help!

When I got the 2k18 I did some comparisons with the 2k16 SXK and 2k16 SJMY. The 2k18 airflow isn't much bigger than the 2k16 SJMY and I couldn't tell much difference between the two vaping them. Here's the 3 different decks:

3decks.jpg

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread