SXK DOGGY STYLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

PasoFino

Feb 6, 2020
Arizona, USA
Hello all! Looking to get into RTA’s and was recommended to get SXK doggystyle for ease of build for beginners. I see two labeled SXK on FT. One just says SXK and one says 2k18 (SXK). Can you tell me if they are built the same? I can only find good videos on building the 2k18 version. I attempted to attach pics of the 2 on FT but since this is my first time attaching files not sure if it’s going to show up ok
EAE5690F-2611-4034-80B5-3C810881415B.png
CC2D6293-80BA-44DD-B786-16D47BB60E27.png

Reactions: stols001

PasoFino

Feb 6, 2020
Arizona, USA
Hello all! Looking to get into RTA’s and was recommended to get SXK doggystyle for ease of build for beginners. I see two labeled SXK on FT. One just says SXK and one says 2k18 (SXK). Can you tell me if they are built the same? I can only find good videos on building the 2k18 version. I attempted to attach pics of the 2 on FT but since this is my first time attaching files not sure if it’s going to show up ok View attachment 871293 View attachment 871295 View attachment 871293 View attachment 871293 View attachment 871295 View attachment 871293 View attachment 871293 View attachment 871295
Wow somehow I added 3 pics of each, lol. I’m so technology illiterate!! I managed to fix it tho and edit out the extras. :(

Reactions: stols001

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
Hello all! Looking to get into RTA’s and was recommended to get SXK doggystyle for ease of build for beginners. I see two labeled SXK on FT. One just says SXK and one says 2k18 (SXK). Can you tell me if they are built the same? I can only find good videos on building the 2k18 version. I attempted to attach pics of the 2 on FT but since this is my first time attaching files not sure if it’s going to show up ok View attachment 871293 View attachment 871295
The 2K16 was by far the more popular. The 2K18 added top fill (and more height & parts), but the original was extremely easy to bottom fill. I never got the 18, so I don't know how it vapes, but some mentioned the draw was different.

PasoFino

Feb 6, 2020
Arizona, USA
The 2K16 was by far the more popular. The 2K18 added top fill (and more height & parts), but the original was extremely easy to bottom fill. I never got the 18, so I don't know how it vapes, but some mentioned the draw was different.
So the 2k16 is the one that just says SKS right? I believe it was you that recommended that one to me (thank you!) but when I looked for videos I only found building the 2K18. They look the same tho as far as build, am I correct?

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
So the 2k16 is the one that just says SKS right? I believe it was you that recommended that one to me (thank you!) but when I looked for videos I only found building the 2K18. They look the same tho as far as build, am I correct?
Yep, it was me. SXK and SJMY both made the original, the 2K16. Others did too, but they were both good quality and around $10, so most bought them.

SXK and YFTK (another cloner, but not quite as good as the other 2 in my experience), both make the 2K18.

I haven't built on the 2K18, but yes- the decks look virtually identical to 2K16, except the air intake.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
@PasoFino, I'd say the build is pretty much the same for both versions. IMO, the top-fill version is overrated. I still use the 2K16 allllllllllll the time. They are up there with my small list of fave tanks.

And, with one of these, the bottom fill is a breeze!

screwdriver 0822182340.jpg

Cool_Breeze

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2011
Kentucky
I love the 2K18 more because of the top fill and the liquid control. My 2K16 tank wore out and just won't tighten anymore. The threads are worn out from taking it off and on for the many refills I've done with it.

Fasttech has sold spare tanks for the 2K16. I bought several spares thinking they would eventually wear out. I can't recall that I've worn one out yet.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Fasttech has sold spare tanks for the 2K16. I bought several spares thinking they would eventually wear out. I can't recall that I've worn one out yet.
I bought 2 spare tanks when I ordered my both my doggies. My first 2K16 one broke from a drop and the other one the threads just wore out.

I'm on my last spare now and I'm waiting for something to add to the cart before ordering more.

I use my 2K16 for my DIY taste testing only now.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
@PasoFino, I'd say the build is pretty much the same for both versions. IMO, the top-fill version is overrated. I still use the 2K16 allllllllllll the time. They are up there with my small list of fave tanks.

And, with one of these, the bottom fill is a breeze!

View attachment 871379
I know many people did this Kat. But I learned that the doggy doesn't have to be tight at all to be sealed. If you just tighten until you feel the resistance, then maybe 1/8 turn, you can just push a thumbnail into the slot with just a little pressure and unscrew. In all the time I used doggies, I never had to use a tool to unscrew, and never had a leak. You just have to trust the seal. Probably hard to do for the many people that went through years of leaky atties, though. :)

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
I know many people did this Kat. But I learned that the doggy doesn't have to be tight at all to be sealed. If you just tighten until you feel the resistance, then maybe 1/8 turn, you can just push a thumbnail into the slot with just a little pressure and unscrew. In all the time I used doggies, I never had to use a tool to unscrew, and never had a leak. You just have to trust the seal. Probably hard to do for the many people that went through years of leaky atties, though. :)
I think the authentic one has no o-ring where the tank meets the base.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I think the authentic one has no o-ring where the tank meets the base.
I don't know anyone that got the authentic 2K16, but you could be right. Of course, cloners often make minor changes- like the size of the air intake, I know it was said that SXK's was tighter than the original, and SJMY's is closer in size. But originals were never available about the time the thread started, or even after. I kept checking. IIRC, only one person in that thread even mentioned having the original. Kind of funny that they became so popular after Animodz quit making them.

I do know that the SXK has an oring, and SJMY doesn't, so maybe that's what you're thinking of. I used both, and neither one leaked. Threads are different on them, though- you can't use SXK tank on SJMY base, or vice versa.

edit: they're not on Animodz site, and haven't been for a while. But it looks like the original didn't have the oring according to youtube reviews. Maybe SJMY is the 1:1 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread