Status
Not open for further replies.

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
How does it perform in the summer heat? Mine has been babied at home since I got it. Any leaking etc?
I live in Dallas area of Texas... I went to Willie Nelson outdoor concert last Sunday where it was about 1 million degrees and in direct sun. I took a Doggy on an istick 30 and worked flawlessly all day and evening, not a single issue.

Reactions: 52anddone

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
Starting to get dry hits on my Doggy. Not sure if I'm wicking wrong or if it can't keep up with my chain vaping. Is it best to let the wick ends rest on the deck? Should i fan them out?
I put them on the deck and tuck them under just a bit on most of my builds.

What viscosity you running? I'm 40pg/60vg.

Reactions: bigbob2322

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
That is weird,never had a dry hit on this and it is all i use now. I have one with 50 VG/50 PG and the other running 90 vg/10 pg. All i use is Koh Gen Do cotton.I wick really sloppy ,just put it through the coil and trim to edge of deck.Stuff it down then tuck in at the bottom.I did not think you could go wrong with this tank.I chain vape on the 90 VG with no problems at all.Maybe if you do not tuck in where it touches the deck at the bottom it will block off the juice holes? Good luck,i am sure it is something simple.

Reactions: bigbob2322

ToolmanTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2014
T for Texas!
That is weird,never had a dry hit on this and it is all i use now. I have one with 50 VG/50 PG and the other running 90 vg/10 pg. All i use is Koh Gen Do cotton.I wick really sloppy ,just put it through the coil and trim to edge of deck.Stuff it down then tuck in at the bottom.I did not think you could go wrong with this tank.I chain vape on the 90 VG with no problems at all.Maybe if you do not tuck in where it touches the deck at the bottom it will block off the juice holes? Good luck,i am sure it is something simple.
When I first wicked it my first couple of builds I didn't even put the wick all the way to the deck... still worked like a champ. I'm very curious to see if @SKYYcamel can determine what is causing the issue.

Reactions: Dubminer

Dubminer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 10, 2016
When I first wicked it my first couple of builds I didn't even put the wick all the way to the deck... still worked like a champ. I'm very curious to see if @SKYYcamel can determine what is causing the issue.
Yes i am curious as well.I have wicked it many ways and never had a problem at all.In fact by far the most forgiving tank i have ever used.

SKYYcamel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2009
Mississippi
My Doggy family (2 more are on the slow boat). I found that if i keep drawing in, after I release the power button, the dry hits have stopped. I guess I'm pulling more juice into the wicks that way.

IMG_0013.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread