Status
Not open for further replies.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Saw this one on fasttech this morning, and despite a remarkable improvement in my bout of shinyitis, I couldn't resist.

$13.26 SXK Nebula Wine Tank RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer - 5ml / stainless steel + glass / 22mm dia. at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Looks pretty simple with some nice features. The build deck appears to STM style in regards to trapping wire leads, and supposedly it's bottom fillable as the chimney is fixed somehow to the top cap.

I was wondering if anyone has messed around with one before, because the one feature that it supposedly has is airflow control and supposedly it's controlled in the top cap somehow. If anyone's messed with one, let me know how you like it. Otherwise, I'll report back in a couple weeks after I receive it.

Love everything about it but the whistle on the inhale.

Thus is NOT GOING TO BE A STEALTH vape. A good vape but in no way stealthy.

The way I describe it us Kanger Subtank meets kayfun Monster, but with more airflow than the Monster.

Reactions: JimDrock

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
I agree about the noise. I ended up using a vape band w/a hole punched through it. I leave the base air hole that faces away from me open, I close the other hole w/the band. This mutes the sound and changes the 'frequency' for lack of a better term- together it makes it much more bearable. This actually doesn't change the draw much at all, seems one hole is sufficient for the size of the center post air inlet.

What has me stumped at the moment is Wine #2 (first one doesn't do this). It has the sound during a fairly hard draw of there being liquid somewhere in the air tract. It's not a full-blown gurgle, but the sound and feel on intake is similar to a KFv4 that has some condensation built up in it. There's no burrs visible and appearance-wise the two Wines are the same. I have had it completely apart except for removing the center pin (TIGHT press fit) and have even gone as far as putting it in the oven under low heat for several hours in an attempt to evaporate whatever's in there- all to no avail. I'm starting to think I need to remove the center pin, I guess that'll be the next move. But for the life of me I cannot figure out what's going on!

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
I agree about the noise. I ended up using a vape band w/a hole punched through it. I leave the base air hole that faces away from me open, I close the other hole w/the band. This mutes the sound and changes the 'frequency' for lack of a better term- together it makes it much more bearable. This actually doesn't change the draw much at all, seems one hole is sufficient for the size of the center post air inlet.

What has me stumped at the moment is Wine #2 (first one doesn't do this). It has the sound during a fairly hard draw of there being liquid somewhere in the air tract. It's not a full-blown gurgle, but the sound and feel on intake is similar to a KFv4 that has some condensation built up in it. There's no burrs visible and appearance-wise the two Wines are the same. I have had it completely apart except for removing the center pin (TIGHT press fit) and have even gone as far as putting it in the oven under low heat for several hours in an attempt to evaporate whatever's in there- all to no avail. I'm starting to think I need to remove the center pin, I guess that'll be the next move. But for the life of me I cannot figure out what's going on!
I have the same issue on my SXK as on your #2. Tried everything to cure it but cannot. Gave up using it because of it. Thought that all of them were like that and could not figure out why people like it so much. Love the form factor and the amt of eliquid it holds for its size. Mine gives a really moist vape and very slight gurgle no matter how I wick it and if I lay it down I get some leakage. Maybe something out of alignment on the chimney.

ccwaters

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2013
Minnesota USA
The choke point is the small holes drilled in the Deck pin (visible through the base af slots as pictured). This also causes it to have a fairly loud intake on the air, not quite a whistle, but somewhat annoying anyway. One user drilled it to 2.5mm successfully for a more open airflow, and it also reduced the noise.

From page one.

Reactions: zoiDman

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
Thing is, my issue isn't the volume nor whistling. It's a sound very similar to a gurgle- except there's no moisture to be found. Went as far as to disassemble the base (where the sound emanates from, not from the chimney/top cap) and bake it in the oven to assure there wasn't any condensate in it. Didn't help. Hoping it's something to do w/the harmonics of that particular atty, that might be cured by chamfering/reshaping the holes and air inlets/exits.

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
I had the same problem on one of the two I have. Cured it with a short piece (~3/16" long) of 4mm OD x 2mm ID Teflon tubing in the center air channel, placed below the coil a few mm. The tubing costs $1.50/inch. This still allows me to do restricted lung hits. It's still airier than a KFv4 w/a 4S subohm center pin but not as open as, say, a KF Monster as an example.

Reactions: zoiDman

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
No it's to noisy for me. Has a weird draw like it's flooded but it's not. If the quality control of this tank was a grade A instead of a grade C it might compete with the mt-rta.

They let to much slide right by on this tank.

It looks nice though.
I have the same issue with mine. I was always waiting for it to flood on me but it never did. It is in the drawer now. It is a shame as I really liked the design of this.

Adam harris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2015
North Carolina
I have the same issue with mine. I was always waiting for it to flood on me but it never did. It is in the drawer now. It is a shame as I really liked the design of this.

Yes the design is flawless...absolutely designed perfectly for flavor chasers and even clouds if you will.

Why they allowed such obvious mistakes go by quality control is beyond me...I mean come on..no airflow control...fragile glass...horrible testing..loud as a turbo on a Honda..turbulent draw that makes you wonder if a shard of steel is trapped somewhere and fly off and slice the tonsils..it just goes on and on with this tank..

I used it today a little bit but the noise is just annoying.

Adam harris

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2015
North Carolina
I had the same problem on one of the two I have. Cured it with a short piece (~3/16" long) of 4mm OD x 2mm ID Teflon tubing in the center air channel, placed below the coil a few mm. The tubing costs $1.50/inch. This still allows me to do restricted lung hits. It's still airier than a KFv4 w/a 4S subohm center pin but not as open as, say, a KF Monster as an example.

Teflon tubing??

Would a oxygen hose work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread