cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
Teflon tubing??

Would a oxygen hose work?
Never tried, but unless you were subohming to the extreme, the coil wouldn't give off enough heat to melt it. Besides, the piece can be pushed down away from the coil, just as long as it doesn't block the side air holes. At the least, using O2 hose would tell you if the modification worked enough to allow you to use it. I used Teflon because it was recommended by someone else who used it successfully, and it was just $1.00 when I ordered it. Came in 3 days IIRC.

ETA I still wouldn't say it's quiet- just a lot less annoying that it was. I also still block one air hole in the base- the one that faces me. I quit using a vape band and just use a piece of silicone from a large O-ring. But anything that blocks the hole would work. One hole blocked doesn't restrict the airflow, at least not enough to bother how I vape it.

Last edited:

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
Really sorry to hear that some people are having issues with their Wine tanks. I've had my black one for a couple months now and love it. It came apart nice and easy, simple twist and glass came off with no fuss. I don't get the whistling on mine, but do get airflow noise on a hard draw. Mine is pretty quiet, I usually take smooth even draws and it vapes beautifully.

I'm using it in TC, 455-485F, with a NI200 coil at 0.15 and get a really nice, moist, flavorful vape. I'm thinking about picking one up in silver as well. I'm looking forward to a V2 with adjustable air flow and top fill, hope SXK decides to make one. I also would like to see a smaller version with a similar design but a little shorter, for smaller mods.

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
OK, if you want a cheap solution to our problem with the SXK and you happen to have an old Kanger coil laying around. Pull the connector from the bottom and then pull out the insulator. Cut off the thick part of the insulator and push the rest of it down the air hole on the SXK. Gives good airflow and gets rid of the turbulence. I am a MTLer so don't use anything fancy on it but I find that the noise level has toned down considerably and is not any worse than most of my other attys. I don't find that I need to plug either of the air holes but I am on the airy side of MTLing. Been vaping this thing for the last few hours and no problems whatsoever. Been a good day. I have a Gem clone that I was going to throw out but I fixed that today as well!!!!

cobalt327

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2012
USA
In an effort to permanently fix the weird airflow turbulence/noise my Wine #2 was giving me, I decided the center post needed to come out. It had to be pressed out- no way was it coming out by hand. After removing it I did find a small sliver of the top insulator that seems to have been the root of the problem. Removing it made all the difference- the strange fluttery gurgle-that-wasn't-a-gurgle sound is gone and it now sounds the same as my first Wine. I'm a happy vaper.

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
I have been really pleased with the results of the insulator that I put into the center airway. Been using it for a couple of weeks now and it has solved the turbulence and has made the airflow perfect for me. The first one was going into the bucket until I did this and now I have ordered another one from FT.

Edit: I use the insulator trick on both my Cthulhu V2 and my Crown RBA. I had to shut the airflow almost totally closed to use either of these. Now I can keep the airflow open at least half way and do minor adjustments as necessary. The adjustment part was really difficult when you already have it closed down so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread