syringe vs pipette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Safira

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2009
Plainfield,IL
Thanks Kimerpuff, I'll try that. I was thinking about wrapping it in that 3M clear tape, but I like your nail polish idea better.

I live in IL. and I don't know about getting the top of a syringe, I can't get syringes without an RX. My DH happens to be type 1 diabetic, but he uses an insulin pump. He had a few syringes around the house for emergencies, but those don't work well for mixing, and those needles are really small.

silkakc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2010
Canandaigua, NY
I have a weird method that doesn't use pipettes or syringes. I use a tablespoon because is it 15 ml per tbs. I bought a 60 ml empty bottle and made that "my stock" holder. In that bottle is 1 tbs of 60 mg nic juice and 3 tbs. of VG. So I have a 60 ml bottle full of 15 mg Nic juice to play with:)

I directly pour it into 6 ml bottles and then add flavors to those lil bottles. My first batch, I was silly and filled up all the 6ml bottles to test my 5 flavors. This new batch of five flavors, I only poured in 2 ml into each bottle and added 3-4 drops of flavor to test them. That was wiser and less wasteful. I couldn't vape the fruity ones from my first batch and had to wash them down the drain:(

I tried using pipettes but they didn't work well with VG so I used a Tbs out of desperation. I won't use that Tbs though for anything other than Nic juice now.

Lori

RexFollett

Moved On
Oct 22, 2010
Texas
I am actually trying to find out what the best way is to get .3 or .5ml measurements as some pipettes don't have the .1 through .9 for a 1ml measuring ruler on the pipette. I have looked all over the internet for these pipettes but I can't find any. And if I did would vg or vg/nic even get sucked up into them or is the hole going to be too small?

tweazee

ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2010
USA, MO
I am actually trying to find out what the best way is to get .3 or .5ml measurements as some pipettes don't have the .1 through .9 for a 1ml measuring ruler on the pipette. I have looked all over the internet for these pipettes but I can't find any. And if I did would vg or vg/nic even get sucked up into them or is the hole going to be too small?

The hole on the 1ml syring is big enough for both PG and VG. I use it a lot as I mix 3ml bottles.

PS.
I think perfum app sent me some very tiny pipettes and the VG works on them as well. However they do not have any measurements on it.

Last edited:

fizil

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Norcross, Ga
www.ivape.net
cheap and free shipping syringes:
Syringe Only
pros:
slightly indented #s [i'm still gonna cover them with clear nail polish]
cons:
the finger grips are kinda small, so could make it a little harder to squeeze them

needles: [free shipping and all sorts of sizes, just a little short]
Meritline.com Search Results for:dispensing needle

Also, if you wanna look kinda crazy, you can wander home depot/lowes/etc and look for small tubing that will fit on the little leur lock adapter. The small part where liquid shoots out. Just another idea for dosing, but you would have to probably use a graduated cylinder, scale, or some other measuring tool or technique because of the massive volume in the tubing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread