Status
Not open for further replies.

ancientgeek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
San Antonio, TX
I guess I didn't read all the fine print. I got 4 T3S clearos because I like the T3 for away from home and I thought the ProTank coils would work with them, thereby simplifying my rebuilding regimen. Wrong. The Evod/PT coils don't fit in the T3S, the metal ring near the base is too large to go all the way into the T3S. I thought about grinding down the base ring on the PT coils to fit the T3. While probably workable, it would be a hassle. On a whim, I tried one of my old style T3 bases in the T3S tank. It fits and works well, so far. So I will be using the old style coils in my T3S's. Since I have 20 or more of these coils I'll get by until Kanger settles on ONE coil for their product line, or something better comes along.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
I have an evod coil in one of my T3Ss... a T3S coil in one of my evods...

Kanger also states that:
1),Bottom coil for Kanger Protank & mini Protank are compatiable with Kanger E-VOD coil
2),Kanger T3S,mini T3S and MT3S use the same bottom coil

Of course, Kanger is also saying ALL Kanger products on Fasttech are fake.. (not so..Many are, but not all) LOL

http://www.szkanger.com/news.asp

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I guess I didn't read all the fine print. I got 4 T3S clearos because I like the T3 for away from home and I thought the ProTank coils would work with them, thereby simplifying my rebuilding regimen. Wrong. The Evod/PT coils don't fit in the T3S, the metal ring near the base is too large to go all the way into the T3S. I thought about grinding down the base ring on the PT coils to fit the T3. While probably workable, it would be a hassle. On a whim, I tried one of my old style T3 bases in the T3S tank. It fits and works well, so far. So I will be using the old style coils in my T3S's. Since I have 20 or more of these coils I'll get by until Kanger settles on ONE coil for their product line, or something better comes along.

Hmm. I don't have a T3S, but I do have two MT3S tanks, and the Evod coils fit. What's the difference between the T3S base and the MT3S base?

I got the MT3S for the same reason you got the T3S--to simplify replacement and not have to worry about keeping up with different coils. So far, so good.

Kanger T3/MT3 Coil Upgrade - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes

These are supposed to work with both the T3 and MT3.

BTW, Kanger is standardizing the coils for their BCC line of tanks. They're not shipping the smaller, thinner ID Evod coils anymore and standardizing on the longer, airy coils shipped with PT's and MT3S. Those also work in Evods. I've got two of'em installed in Evods right now.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Hmm. I don't have a T3S, but I do have two MT3S tanks, and the Evod coils fit. What's the difference between the T3S base and the MT3S base?

I got the MT3S for the same reason you got the T3S--to simplify replacement and not have to worry about keeping up with different coils. So far, so good.

BTW, Kanger is standardizing the coils for their BCC line of tanks. They're not shipping the smaller, thinner ID Evod coils anymore and standardizing on the longer, airy coils shipped with PT's and MT3S. Those also work in Evods. I've got two of'em installed in Evods right now.

The T3S and the MT3S (just like the T3 and MT3) are the same. The "M" is for the metal sleeve.

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
The T3S and the MT3S (just like the T3 and MT3) are the same. The "M" is for the metal sleeve.

That's what I thought, but I don't have a T3 or T3S to examine or compare to my MT3S's. When I read the OP, I went to my gadget box and pulled out one of my spare MT3S bases, a PT/T3S head and an Evod head.

Everything fit up as designed.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA

Yes - fine print can be annoying. But with any clearo you have to make sure you get the correct doohickie that fits your whatnot. Don't assume - ask.

Having found that I loved the T3's I was getting annoyed with the lack of availability of the heads. (Kanger could be a lot more user friendly, letting retailers and users know what is going on with more advance notice about changes to he product line...) Finally the coil upgrade showed up at Mt. Baker so I ordered a couple of them. The design change does make sense to me as I viewed the original as a huge waste, having to toss the entire base every time you replaced the coil. And the replacement coils are cheaper too. Haven't tried it out yet since my current (old) coil just keeps going and going...

The bottom line is is you like T3 you will have to get this coil upgrade assembly as once the "old" version of the coil is gone from stock they are gone.

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
The design change does make sense to me as I viewed the original as a huge waste, having to toss the entire base every time you replaced the coil. And the replacement coils are cheaper too. Haven't tried it out yet since my current (old) coil just keeps going and going...

The bottom line is is you like T3 you will have to get this coil upgrade assembly as once the "old" version of the coil is gone from stock they are gone.

Actually, at the time I got my first Evod and T3, I thought they were both great because I had been using disposable CE4 clearos and was tired of replacing them every few weeks. I quickly learned what a tragedy it was to toss the T3 base and not have a replacement handy, with no wire or wick around to rebuild.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Lol - I've been holding onto my original T3's that have popped. I have heard wild rumors that they can be rebuilt but haven't needed to check that out yet. Supposedly the new system with the separate coil and base is more ready made for rebuilding.

But honestly? For what little these things cost is it really worth the bother to rebuild? For openers, I'm getting weeks of use out of the SR coils. (My current one is into week four. Oops - JINX!) My last original T3 coils ran $2.49 each in five packs. The new version? I've seen them for $1.99 each or less. And a lot cheaper than that if you dare get them through FastTech.

Won't be saving but very little $$$ - and certainly investing a lot of time - to rebuild. Unless it's about the quest to get a better mouse trap outta the rebuild. :D

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Lol - I've been holding onto my original T3's that have popped. I have heard wild rumors that they can be rebuilt but haven't needed to check that out yet. Supposedly the new system with the separate coil and base is more ready made for rebuilding.

But honestly? For what little these things cost is it really worth the bother to rebuild? For openers, I'm getting weeks of use out of the SR coils. (My current one is into week four. Oops - JINX!) My last original T3 coils ran $2.49 each in five packs. The new version? I've seen them for $1.99 each or less. And a lot cheaper than that if you dare get them through FastTech.

Won't be saving but very little $$$ - and certainly investing a lot of time - to rebuild. Unless it's about the quest to get a better mouse trap outta the rebuild. :D

That's the same way I look at it. I've rebuilt a few just to show myself that I could do it. But for me, it's not economically viable, even over the long term. My time is more valuable than the cost of materials I would save. I do understand that people are rebuilding because they can and because it gives them a more satisfying vapor, and for those on really tight budgets it probably does make more sense economically. Just not for me.

Smokachino

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Texas, USA
That's the same way I look at it. I've rebuilt a few just to show myself that I could do it. But for me, it's not economically viable, even over the long term. My time is more valuable than the cost of materials I would save. I do understand that people are rebuilding because they can and because it gives them a more satisfying vapor, and for those on really tight budgets it probably does make more sense economically. Just not for me.

Although I have great admiration for those who rebuild (how do people have the patience and the eyesight to do this??), I'm afraid it would take me HOURS to get even one coil right. I did buy an RBA in case there is a zombie apocalypse, but I'm not touching it until I'm forced to :laugh:

That being said, if there was a hands-on class I could take I would totally do it!

Coastal Cowboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
Adding on to my OP... the T3S that I bought from iVape are labeled eGo T3-S Solar Flare - BCC - Clear . Is this somehow different from a Kanger T3S? Maybe that is the problem I faced. If so, beware.

That looks like the T3S from Kanger and the bases look like mine. Maybe the problem is the coil itself rather than the base? Do you have an Evod? If so can you remove the head and see if it fits in the base?

ancientgeek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2010
San Antonio, TX
That looks like the T3S from Kanger and the bases look like mine. Maybe the problem is the coil itself rather than the base? Do you have an Evod? If so can you remove the head and see if it fits in the base?

Don't have an EVOD but the coil fits nicely in my PT. I have now seen comments from dealers like Discount Vapors that the T3S coils work in the PT and EVOD, but the EVOD/PT coils do not work in the T3s/MT3s. The diameter of the base ring on the EVOD/PT coil that is screwed down to fit against the clearo base is like 1/32" or 1/64" too large, and therefore will not fit into the tank area when the base is put on.

Glen Snyder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I've got a dozen of the T3 base/coils in various stages of use from shorted and need rebuilt to new. Also have two of the bodies, one using the new base and one the old style with a new T3S base in waiting. When I use up the old base/heads that will be the end of them for me. I find it tedious trying to get the insulator back in on a rebuild because you're working inside the eGo base...ughhhh My eyes aren't that great and I'm not as steady as I used to be so it's an issue for me.

I've also decided that when the bodies that I have now degrade to the point they leak I'm going to replace them with Pyrex clearos, most likely mini PT. No more polys for me.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I've also decided that when the bodies that I have now degrade to the point they leak I'm going to replace them with Pyrex clearos, most likely mini PT. No more polys for me.

PT's is nice! And no more worries at all about (absent mindedly) putting in a juice that might crack the polys.

But I can't keep up with the product line! I barely started using the T3's when the PT came out. Ordered the PT's, then had to find the new base/coil assembly for my T3's. And I barely get those out of the mail box when I see the shiny new PT2! Which makes me wonder it my first generation PT's are already obsolete. :blink:

I do like it all though. Have you had any problem with leaking? Some of my T3's go back to... March. Daily use - no leaks yet.

Mad Scientist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
Smokestack, PA, USA
PT's is nice! And no more worries at all about (absent mindedly) putting in a juice that might crack the polys.

But I can't keep up with the product line! I barely started using the T3's when the PT came out. Ordered the PT's, then had to find the new base/coil assembly for my T3's. And I barely get those out of the mail box when I see the shiny new PT2! Which makes me wonder it my first generation PT's are already obsolete. :blink:

I do like it all though. Have you had any problem with leaking? Some of my T3's go back to... March. Daily use - no leaks yet.

Ha ha, so true. On the upside, T3 are getting cheaper and cheaper as vendors try to liquidate "old" stock. Same will soon happen with PT as PT2 becomes more widely available. Might as well scoop up bargains and let the "early adopters" pay to beta test and shake the bugs from the latest and greatest lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread