Status
Not open for further replies.

tencentcat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2010
denton tx
I recently received some T3Ss in a co op. It seems that there are two different versions of the base. One has a wider opening to fit the wider skirt of the head, and the other has a narrower opening so the heads don't screw in all the way.

I've also had more issues with the T3S not making a connection with various batteries where the protanks and evods have no problem. Anyone notice the same?

Glen Snyder

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
My one and only issue with the T3/MT3 is that they can leak without warning and spew juice everywhere. Can anyone comment as to whether the new T3S heads are any better in that regard?
The new design (T3S and MT3S) is just like the Evod except the base is knurled. The new base uses the same type head as the Evod & PT. Personally I've not had issues with the old 1 piece coil/head design or the new one leaking. All my bcc's are stored in holders on the battery sitting upright.

Foxman

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Trussville al
I recently received some T3Ss in a co op. It seems that there are two different versions of the base. One has a wider opening to fit the wider skirt of the head, and the other has a narrower opening so the heads don't screw in all the way.

I've also had more issues with the T3S not making a connection with various batteries where the protanks and evods have no problem. Anyone notice the same?

The PT/Evod heads are abiout .5mm wider than the T3s heads. I took a PT head and screwed it on the base of a T3s and took my dremel and ground it down to the correct width and it worked great. The width is the ONLY difference I can see in the 2 heads. If you buy T3s heads they will work in All 3 tanks now.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Anyone got a good alternate source?
Can't find the old bases, so i want to "convert" my T3's, but these from MBV are out of stock...

Hmm. I don't have a T3S, but I do have two MT3S tanks, and the Evod coils fit. What's the difference between the T3S base and the MT3S base?

I got the MT3S for the same reason you got the T3S--to simplify replacement and not have to worry about keeping up with different coils. So far, so good.

Kanger T3/MT3 Coil Upgrade - Mt Baker Vapor - Electronic Cigarettes

These are supposed to work with both the T3 and MT3.

BTW, Kanger is standardizing the coils for their BCC line of tanks. They're not shipping the smaller, thinner ID Evod coils anymore and standardizing on the longer, airy coils shipped with PT's and MT3S. Those also work in Evods. I've got two of'em installed in Evods right now.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread