t3s rebuild

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingersnaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
everywhere
Well hubby n I tried tonight and through some messing around found we get about .3 ohm per round using 3mm wick and 32 gauge wire but that 10 rounds. Very hard to do and fit in a ts3. So does going to a larger wire like 30 or 28 help by using less rounds and overall space?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

gingersnaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
everywhere
Ok I have another question. I've noticed my local shop sells mesh I've seen a little reference to it but apparently not enough. Is mess just a replacement for wick? Could it be used on a t3s? Part of why its so hard to fit is wick wants to dissentigrate or should I go with a smaller wick?

gingersnaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
everywhere
I finnally got some successful coils. I needed 2.8-3 because 2.2 is too low for me and you can't buy them. After a lot more searching i found and tried the micro coil method. It was much easier and more consistant. Between all mine and hubbies i built 5 good 2.8 coils. The only thing i did different than the info i found was instead of torching or putting a lighter to the coil then pinching them i held them over candle flame and pinched after they turned red. Then while keeping pinched i removed from the flame and waited a few sec before releasing them. They stayed tight the first time where when I tried a lighter put down lighter grabbed tweezers they didnt stay as tight and neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread