Status
Not open for further replies.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
i too hate it when people dont answer. I think the t5 is better overall. I would rather screw the ipv2 and go for a sigelei 50 watt, way more premium.

Same chip in both the IPV2 and the Sigelei 50.
The Yihi chips have proven to be reliable in all the newer devices they're in, Clouper have only made fake dna chips up until this point - wrong ohm readings, board faliures,etc.

mightymen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    Same chip in both the IPV2 and the Sigelei 50.
    The Yihi chips have proven to be reliable in all the newer devices they're in, Clouper have only made fake DNA chips up until this point - wrong ohm readings, board faliures,etc.

The one thing the T5 Clouper has going for it that the others don't is firmware upgradable this will allow for all those little things to be corrected.

After reading up on the T5 in the last 30 min, I jumped on one - needles to say I liked what I read.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 23, 2011
    IRELAND
    The one thing the T5 Clouper has going for it that the others don't is firmware upgradable this will allow for all those little things to be corrected.

After reading up on the T5 in the last 30 min, I jumped on one - needles to say I liked what I read.

The next version of the IPV2 has upgradeable firmware - the main thing I don't like about the T5 is that it looks like a can of Red Bull, is huge and doesn't take a 26650 even though it's big enough.

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    The next version of the IPV2 has upgradeable firmware - the main thing I don't like about the T5 is that it looks like a can of Red Bull, is huge and doesn't take a 26650 even though it's big enough.

Didn't know the next version of the IPV2 will be upgradeable firmware, bummer for those who jumped on it already though, kind of like being left out in the cold...:mad: or I'm I wrong.

You can't make me feel bad, I'm in love. ;) I've got big hands.

Didn't know the next version of the IPV2 will be upgradeable firmware, bummer for those who jumped on it already though, kind of like being left out in the cold...:mad: or I'm I wrong.

You can't make me feel bad, I'm in love. ;) I've got big hands.

The SX350 is also firmware upgradeable and YiHi said it will eventually be able to go all the way up to 200W (depending on whether the mod has the correct gauge connecting wires). And it has voltage up and down regulation. I don't believe the T5 has this feature. Mods using the SX350 are pretty hard to find and expensive, though.

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
    May 28, 2010
    Chino, california
    The SX350 is also firmware upgradeable and YiHi said it will eventually be able to go all the way up to 200W (depending on whether the mod has the correct gauge connecting wires). And it has voltage up and down regulation. I don't believe the T5 has this feature. Mods using the SX350 are pretty hard to find and expensive, though.

true dat!!

50watt Atlas mod at cigtech is pretty darn cheap. They have a 10off code you can use too. Mine was 186 out the door with battery (VTC5) installed

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
    May 28, 2010
    Chino, california
    What about $155.00 MODS

Much better price but I had tried several times to activate registration on their site and either I was doing something wrong or it just would'nt let me.

Arrg!! I was Jonsin' for this thing!!!!!!

Anyways!!!!!!!! I needed a few things from cigtech and just swallowed the 24 bucks and ordered from them.

caged

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 13, 2010
    Laurel, MD

I think the Smok BEC Pro uses the SX350 chip. I'm really tempted by that mod.

mightymen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Nov 22, 2012
    No you can't
    That's not the retail price. From the site:

You must create a business account in order to view pricing and details of our products. This site is for companies interested in Tatroe products and or machining requests only, not for retail sales.

Ooooops :facepalm:

Doesn't everybody have a Tax Id number. ;)

caged

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 13, 2010
    Laurel, MD
    That looks like a pretty interesting mod, but it does not use the SX350 -- the specs are totally different and the SX350 doesn't have bluetooth connectivity.

Bluetooth could be on another chip. Who else makes upgradeable chips anyway (rumor has it it will be updated to 50 watts before release).

reeftivo

ECF Veteran
    May 28, 2010
    Chino, california
    That's not the retail price. From the site:

You must create a business account in order to view pricing and details of our products. This site is for companies interested in Tatroe products and or machining requests only, not for retail sales.

Still feel stupid for not reading into it better.
    So cig tech is only making a few dollars on the Atlas with their discount code. Pretty darn good deal!

So cig tech is only making a few dollars on the Atlas with their discount code. Pretty darn good deal!

$200 is actually a really good price for an SX350 mod, especially since it includes a VTC5 battery. With the discount to $186 it's a steal IMO. I tried pricing how much it would cost me to get everything to build my own and it came out to around $130-140 (including basic stuff like a soldering iron and a glue gun since I don't have those lying around). I figure for that kind of money, I'm not that confident in my soldering skills and there's a very good chance that I would screw something up and end up breaking the chip or electrocuting myself. The only downsides with the Atlas are that it's a single 18650 battery, it doesn't have + / - buttons (you use the gravity sensor to control the wattage) and it's a non-adjustable 510. Also, I'm not sure if the wiring is the proper gauge for it to handle the 60W firmware upgrade.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread