Taifun clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ndowens

Jul 22, 2017
I am thinking of trying either the taifun g3 or mini. Which clone brand is best sxk or toredo or any other that I know nothing of. I got a pharaoh rta and the flavor is very muted so thought about trying one of the clones for the gt3, supposedly the taifun or kayfun offers awesome flavor.

On an unrelated note it seems I did ok building the pharaoh as it didn’t leak. I used 26g nichrome( may spelled it wrong) wire. First time building my own coil but after trying it, and research seems to point that bigger/fatter tanks tend to mute flavor if I’m not mistaken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
I think the SJMY clones are more desirable than the SXK or Tobeco generally speaking.

I have a black SXK Kayfun 5 & a ss SJMY Kayfun 5 clone. I think the SJMY may be a smidge better in quality.

The flavor is pretty good & with it fully open it's a restricted lung hit.

I had a Pharaoh rta & you can get good flavor on it. Build dependent, try some Claptons in it.

The Kayfun 5 clone is a different kind of vape compared to the Pharaoh rta which has more airflow.

I don't have the others you mentioned.

Ndowens

Jul 22, 2017
I think the SJMY clones are more desirable than the SXK or Tobeco generally speaking.

I have a black SXK Kayfun 5 & a ss SJMY Kayfun 5 clone. I think the SJMY may be a smidge better in quality.

The flavor is pretty good & with it fully open it's a restricted lung hit.

I had a Pharaoh rta & you can get good flavor on it. Build dependent, try some Claptons in it.

The Kayfun 5 clone is a different kind of vape compared to the Pharaoh rta which has more airflow.

I don't have the others you mentioned.

So the kayfun maybe better in flavor vs the pharaoh?

Reactions: Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
So the kayfun maybe better in flavor vs the pharaoh?

Yes it can be because its chimney & everything is smaller. It will take smaller coils & of course the build space is smaller too. It doesn't use juice as fast too. Just remember it's smaller overall & the build deck is small.

Bambel

Jul 17, 2017
I am thinking of trying either the taifun g3 or mini. Which clone brand is best sxk or toredo or any other that I know nothing of.

I have a full size clone "Volcanee Taifun GT 3 III RTA RDA Atomizer Clone" from Aliexpress and a mini "SXK GT III Mini Styled RTA Rebuildable Tank Atomizer" from FT.

The full size one has the minor disadvantage that the air holes are fully symmetrical so it's impossable to adjust to only one hole. Minimum is two, one on each side. But it still has a nice restricted MTL draw.

The mini has the asymmetrical holes so you can even adjust a slightly more restrictive draw. The threads on the topcap are a but "crunchy" but they work.

Both versions have a single real issue: if i unscrew the topcap i have to grab and hold the mouthpiece to fix the liquid flow control. Otherwise it will spin with the topcap and then it leaks. And for MTL-tanks they're rather thirsty.

But all in all: i like both. Nice MTL draw without any whistle and good flavour.

HTH
b.

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
Well bought the SJMY kayfun 5 from 3FVape hoping it’s good

So how does it work when shipping from China epacket and U.S. customs

I think if you like restricted lung hit, you will like it.

Epacket is the best option. Usually with 3f if it says will ship in 24 hours, it will then around 4-5 days it arrives in USA then it's the usual US customs 1-3 days then USPS does it thing.

Bambel

Jul 17, 2017
I have both the SJMY and the Tobeco Kayfun V5 and the SJMY is slightly better. On the Taifun GT3 comment above if you remove the drip tip before opening the top to fill the juice you will make your life much easier and prevent leaking. Just pull out the drip tip before you start to unscrew the top.

When i remove the driptip and unscrew the topcap, the LFC spinns with the topcap and thus the liquid openings get exposed (periodical, it's rotating). And by Murphys law when the cap finally comes loose, the openings are exposed and the chamber gets flooded. The o-ring between the cap and the "barrel" seems too tight, maybe i will swap it if i have time to fiddle around..

b.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
When i remove the driptip and unscrew the topcap, the LFC spinns with the topcap and thus the liquid openings get exposed (periodical, it's rotating). And by Murphys law when the cap finally comes loose, the openings are exposed and the chamber gets flooded. The o-ring between the cap and the "barrel" seems too tight, maybe i will swap it if i have time to fiddle around..

b.
There is a simple solution for that problem. I had the same experience the first time I used it. Take off the top cap and use a pair of needle nose pliers to tighten down the LFC you reference. If you do that and then snug the top cap but not try to tighten it with effort then you will be free of the problem. That LFC is a screw and the pliers will allow you to get it very tight. You put the point of the pliers into the opening you use to fill juice and twist. Problem solved.

Bambel

Jul 17, 2017
That LFC is a screw and the pliers will allow you to get it very tight. You put the point of the pliers into the opening you use to fill juice and twist. Problem solved.

Maybe you confused the Taifun and the Skyline? The LFC in the Taifun is not threaded, you can turn this part indefinitely. It's held in place by two o-rings. The "lower" one seals the shaft from the tank, the "upper" one seals the shaft from the topcap.

But i think i found a solution. I took a small stripe of teflon-tape and wrapped it beneath the lower o-ring. Now there is much more friction between the LFC-barrel and the tank (the part with the fill openings). The LFC is now harder to turn, but it doesn't move when unscrewing the topcap.

b.

Chodi

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
No, I did not confuse them. I have both. On the Taifun the LFC is the bell cap that covers the build deck It is attached to a long metal tube which has a cap that screws into the body. That would have to be removed to take out the glass. The top cap that is removed for refilling screws into the top of that bell cap. That top forms the opening for filling your juice. Sorry this would be easier with photos. There are plenty of videos online that show the complete disassembly of the Taifun 3. Some of those videos even suggest tightening that cap with pliers. The fill cap screws into that top cap assembly.

Anyway. I am glad you found a solution.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
On an unrelated note it seems I did ok building the pharaoh as it didn’t leak. I used 26g nichrome( may spelled it wrong) wire. First time building my own coil but after trying it, and research seems to point that bigger/fatter tanks tend to mute flavor if I’m not mistaken

Depending on your vaping style and wattage the 26 gauge wire may be slow to heat. Try some 28ga SS316L stainless wire, which is a smaller gauge that will heat faster. You can vape in wattage or TC mode with SS316L.

In my own experience smaller coil diameters produce better flavor and heat faster than larger coils. 2mm is my favorite coil size. 2mm also produces smaller wick tails that don't block the air intake so much.

If you haven't tried it, Steam Engine's coil wrapping tool provides a lot of info for choosing the right size wire and number of wraps for the most efficient coil. Play with the numbers and choose a wire gauge and wrap count that keeps you in the green zone for the most efficient coil.

Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators

Reactions: Ndowens
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread