Taifun GS setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.

exnihilo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
There's a few different ways of setting her up. Here's a video for you to watch.

I use Micro coil with cotton and 2mm Ekowool to feed the cotton. Great vape!

Taifun GS Clone/Fake review from [url]www.vapegeek.co.uk - YouTube[/url]

Thank you sir! That helped me discover a flaw in the one I have. 101Vapes forgot to include the o-ring on the wick passthrough deck. Was a [bleep] trying to figure it out without that piece. Glad I didn't fill her up!

cg

iowajosh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2012
iowa
I had the best luck with one cotton U wick until one leg falls down through the cap. Tried a ekowool U in the cap and an inverted U that were both separate from the wick but didn't have luck with that. Have the two mesh feeder wicks in now. They don't feed quite enough. Need to tune them. It is a neat little device but gotta tune it to feed.

Randall.K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Manchester, UK
I had the best luck with one cotton U wick until one leg falls down through the cap. Tried a ekowool U in the cap and an inverted U that were both separate from the wick but didn't have luck with that. Have the two mesh feeder wicks in now. They don't feed quite enough. Need to tune them. It is a neat little device but gotta tune it to feed.

I got the Ekowool inverted U to work fine as a feeder, everything else I tried failed.

I've not experimented with the mesh yet, nor the Filter PolyPad technique.

With the build I'm using atm, anything over 70/30 PG/VG and I get dry hits after 5-6 drags, if I stay at that ratio I can vape all day long :)

:vapor:

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
I just used a micro coil with a hemp fiber wick. Didn't like the condition of the SS mesh tank wicks that came with it, so rolled up some fresh SS mesh tightly, and left them a tad long in the tank side, thinking I would help felicitate the wicking to the coil wick. Have had it up to 20 watts and wicks well this way. It reminds me of a tiny Flash-e-vapor V2 rba/rda. Sure is plumbed the same way. Decent slim rba.

I vape 70-80% VG juice and never a dry hit. Works great for me, but am use to building the Flashi.

Last edited:

we87

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
DFW, TX
Would you guys please take some pictures of your setup?

I've been using the bigger Taifun GT and love it, but recently got the smaller GS AND I can't get to wick enough. I tried single strand of cotton from coil to wick deck and had to primer puff the heck out of it. Someone suggested (can't remember where I read) to just ball up cotton and put nothing through the wick deck, that quickly flooded. Now I'm using a very thing micro coil with less cotton going thru the wick deck and was running okay the first half of the tank, now I'm getting burn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Randall.K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Manchester, UK
Thank you for the pictures Randall!

So I'm assuming the inverted u part coming from the wick deck would fall over the actual coil? Or does it get wet enough to get the other wick wet

Np mate :)

I just place the U on top of the cotton, that way it's always feeding cotton. The U always allows for more surface area.

Let us know how you get it with it.

Cheers.

JuicerJ

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2013
Baltimore
Man those mesh feeder wicks work great. And you lift them or lower them to your wick and coil to control the speed of your wicking. It's kind of trial and error. But what I have found is if I lift them a little higher off of my cotton it wicks a little faster, and lowering them to the cotton slows the flow. I guess it also depends on the thickness of your juice, but it's well worth the effort, vapor is amazing. 1.4 ohm coil and vapor is richer than 0.6 ohm coil on my Aquas. And I just ordered my 3rd Aqua before I got the build right on this GS. Sh#* oh well, love the Aqua too !!

Asmo6

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
United States
I'm glad I found this thread. I'm not having any luck with this thing. I've tried cotton tails protruding into the tank. From a quarter inch to stubs. Tried tuning them by thinning them as they didn't wick well. Popped the ss feeders back in. Ran cotton thru the coil. Did a little pig tail turn under on each side and set it so the feeders would sit on the wick that way. Also junk. It was saturated but zero flavor.

The only upside so far has been the drip tip. For some reason I think it looks awesome.

And for the record my aqua hits like a train compared to, hell even a kayfun. I can't seem to get this taifun on the map...

What do your wicks look like under the feeders?

Randall.K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Manchester, UK
I'm glad I found this thread. I'm not having any luck with this thing. I've tried cotton tails protruding into the tank. From a quarter inch to stubs. Tried tuning them by thinning them as they didn't wick well. Popped the ss feeders back in. Ran cotton thru the coil. Did a little pig tail turn under on each side and set it so the feeders would sit on the wick that way. Also junk. It was saturated but zero flavor.

The only upside so far has been the drip tip. For some reason I think it looks awesome.

And for the record my aqua hits like a train compared to, hell even a kayfun. I can't seem to get this taifun on the map...

What do your wicks look like under the feeders?

It took me about 6 build to get this thing working properly, and once you get it right, it's awesome.

I set up my wicks similar to the Kayfun with the wicks gently pressed down on the base(Don't cover the air-hole)then I pack very small amounts of extra cotton on top of that. Have a look at the pictures I posted on the first page, you'll kind of get the idea(hopefully). :)

Don't lose hope, just trying :)

we87

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
DFW, TX
Man those mesh feeder wicks work great. And you lift them or lower them to your wick and coil to control the speed of your wicking. It's kind of trial and error. But what I have found is if I lift them a little higher off of my cotton it wicks a little faster, and lowering them to the cotton slows the flow. I guess it also depends on the thickness of your juice, but it's well worth the effort, vapor is amazing. 1.4 ohm coil and vapor is richer than 0.6 ohm coil on my Aquas. And I just ordered my 3rd Aqua before I got the build right on this GS. Sh#* oh well, love the Aqua too !!

Could please show us your build? And what's your juice ratio?

Dan_The_Viking

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
Denver, Colorado
Do the SS mesh feeding wicks need to be touching the coil? I can't seem to get this down either. I had it with silica wick for a bit, switched to micro/cotton with ssmesh feeding wicks and it doesn't seem to be working. I have the ss mesh sticking down a little bit but when I screw all pieces together the feeder ss is getting caught up in the cotton. I hope that made sense.

iowajosh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2012
iowa
yeah dan it does. I got mine working with the mesh feeder wicks. You gotta have the whole base screwed together before you insert that cap with the wicks in the top. Push them right down to the cotton beside the wick. If the mesh wicks touch the coil it is a big heatsink and I can't get any vapor. I used a longer cotton wick and covered a lot of the bottom with it and that seems to be working well.

Dampfsucht

Feb 20, 2014
USA
After build, be careful not to rotate the feeding wick cap or unscrew the deck chamber from its base. After mesh feeding wicks are inserted and are touching the wick you don't want to disturb their location. I ruined a good build because of this, so now I'm careful to hold the upper coil chamber knurl when removing the tank portion to refill juice.

Last edited:

BobC

Reformed Squonker
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2013
Downtown Charleston, SC
Vertical coil with hemp fiber fill, and SS mesh wicks, works every time, no dry hits, no flooding

20140228_082021.jpg

Dan_The_Viking

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2013
Denver, Colorado
yeah dan it does. I got mine working with the mesh feeder wicks. You gotta have the whole base screwed together before you insert that cap with the wicks in the top. Push them right down to the cotton beside the wick. If the mesh wicks touch the coil it is a big heatsink and I can't get any vapor. I used a longer cotton wick and covered a lot of the bottom with it and that seems to be working well.

I got the 101vape.com mod a few weeks ago. When I am unscrewing the tank from the coil portion of the setup, the cap holding the feeder wicks is not disconnecting with the coil portion, it is staying with the tank/air post deal. I don't know if that mkaes sense or not, but is there any way to prevent this? Because I am having to do what Dampfsucht is talking about and screw the feeding wicks in, which isn't what I think I am supposed to be doing.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread