taking the plunge; regular or mini?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chedderslam

Moved On
Jun 8, 2012
NY
Since everyone raves about them, I am close to getting a satin black with blue led provari. I'm just not sure that I will see a huge advantage over my SS Vtube though. My understanding is that the voltage regulation is better. Is that the only difference?

Secondly, I'm not sure if I should get the mini or the full size. The ability to take the 18650s is nice on the full size as I have two devices that use them already, but I don't know how much use the others will get once I get the provari(I might sell them if the provari is as awesome as everyone says).

I am also concerned that the mini would be TOO small as I am 6'4", but it might be nice to have something that fits completely in my hand.

Thoughts?

Hoping to order today... :p

babemomlover

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Ann Arbor, MI
Voltage regulation and build quality. Looks too if you count that :#

And the mini or regular sized option is sorta up to you. It's how much you're willing to trade battery life for length/appearance.
Do you not mind switching batteries 3-5 times a day and want a short as possible PV? Battery w/no extension.
If the regular with the extension is just too long then maybe the mini with extension would suit you better??

I can make an 18650 last about .9 to 1 day long of vaping usage. I've heard of minis without extensions needing 2-5 batteries a day.

The mini/regular extension/no extension is a choice that only you can make based on personal preferences and vaping needs

EDIT: btw, mini is 3.48 inches long w/o extension cap and the regular is 4.1 inches long without the extension cap. it doesn't say on the website but if I remember correctly each extension cap adds around .2-.25 inches on both.

Last edited:

Jason McRoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2012
Tampa, FL
I personally prefer the regular sized Provari. I love the weight and feel in my hand. I have somewhat large hands and it just feels right. I own a Vtube as well and I still use it sometimes but the weight seems weird at first when I go from the Provari to it. Just my personal preference but based on your height, you may do better with the regular size IMO.

-Jason

HappyTimeHarry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2012
Cedar Park, TX
I'm 6'3" and I just got my mini in the mail last week. I got black satin with blue led as well, looks amazing. I wanted something smaller so it would be easier to carry in my pocket. It is the perfect PV for on the go. If I want a bigger battery I got the extension cap too. I will say this, it was a lot smaller than I imagined. If you have not held one and just base it on the pictures out there, you will be surprised by how small it it. But I love it, I think it is the perfect size for me. Either way, you can't go wrong. It's an amazing PV and is just quality through and through. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread