Talking with a smoker...

Status
Not open for further replies.

swanee

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2008
me fi
I get that too... but at least I can always use the defense that in the US, the peanut butter supply, which we feed our entire population, is killing us. It isn't just the Chinese who cut corners. It is bad people doing bad things and it can happen anywhere.

And this is what happens in china when you do
Death sentences in China tainted milk case - CNN.com

We could only hope for as much with the scum form peanut corp..

dazyrue

Nov 23, 2008
Seattle, WA US
I know what you guys mean. I work at an Extended Stay where people stay for long periods of time. There is this guest that whenever he sees me he feels the need to tell me to quit smoking.
"Have you had a cigarette today, hmmm??"
And when he catches me outside smoking I get the 3rd degree.
HELLO you dont know me!! What right do you have to tell me that??! :mad: Seriously. Its not just him, several guest have done that. Why do perfect strangers feel that they can tell you not to smoke. "Its bad for you. It will kill you." Do they think we are so stupid that we dont know its bad?? It makes me want to smoke more when they tell me that. ha ha:evil:

My boyfriend/ex/fiancee (we are in a weird place right now LOL :oops:) hates me smoking and even told me that if I continue he would not marry me, but he wont listen to my request of not living with his parent (he's japanese so its traditional). WTF??
This had turned into a "Talking with a NON-smoker" thread . . .

LaceyUnderall

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2008
USA and Canada
I know what you guys mean. I work at an Extended Stay where people stay for long periods of time. There is this guest that whenever he sees me he feels the need to tell me to quit smoking.
"Have you had a cigarette today, hmmm??"
And when he catches me outside smoking I get the 3rd degree.
HELLO you dont know me!! What right do you have to tell me that??! :mad: Seriously. Its not just him, several guest have done that. Why do perfect strangers feel that they can tell you not to smoke. "Its bad for you. It will kill you."

That ranks, for me, as rude as a stranger coming up and touching your belly when you are pregnant. The things that go through your head are far from polite and well... it's lucky they get a smile and not the finger! Makes you wonder if they truly think their **** doesn't stink. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread