Tank crackers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dystonia Man

Nov 16, 2017
Southern California.
I know Citrus and cinnamon can crack a tank are there any others look out for? I have a Kaos Erebus. Serpen smm and baby Beast rba kit. Are they plexiglass or glass? Glass should be okay with those flavors but what about plexiglass? And lastly. Are they made out of any other materials besides plastic? I know a lot of questions but I want to cover my bases.

Reactions: stols001

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
I know Citrus and cinnamon can crack a tank are there any others look out for? I have a Kaos Erebus. Serpen smm and baby Beast RBA kit. Are they plexiglass or glass? Glass should be okay with those flavors but what about plexiglass? And lastly. Are they made out of any other materials besides plastic? I know a lot of questions but I want to cover my bases.

Like what AzPlumber said, most most modern tanks are glass, but he's mainly referring to the subohm atomizers. There are still some of the CE4's/Egos still being sold. If you have something that has a plastic tank of any kind, I would look at the above posts that Az posted earlier (mainly citrus, but there are others)

If you have any tank that is glass, whether it be quartz, or pyrex, you should be fine. Usually the subohm or modern Rebuildables are glass, but there are a few pen styles.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I'd be extremely surprised to find any modern tanks to be using plastic. Most are quartz or pyrex glass. There are probably some CE4 clearomizers still on the market which are made of polycarbonate plastic.

Something Safe for Cinnamon & Citrus Flavors
  • There are some flavors which can destroy plastic tanks. Discover which flavors are known to cause this, watch a video of a tank melting using one of these flavors, and see a picture dictionary of safe products to use if you enjoy using these flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread