Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Hi Hummingbird and a Happy Holiday to you also. Good to hear from you...did you get your GLV yet? In regards to tanks the chibi and acorn are highly touted BUT understand there is a steep learning curve and you will also need pre punched cartos or you can punch them yourself easily with a saddle valve from HD. In using the tank system the ratio of juice is VERY important- too much VG and it's too thick and won't flow into the tank and if it's too thin (too much PG) leaks and flooding of the air passage in the carto. Most newer plastic tanks won't crack unless you use cinnamon type juices. I would first get used to the cartos and then move up to the tank.
Good luck, Vappor.

Hummingbird

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2011
The Nest
Hey Vapoor eyes er, Good to here from you. Got my GLV and all else I ordered. Last order received yesterday. YEAH!!!! Fired up the GLV with a V4L Coolcart. OMG! OMG! OMG! Does it get better than this. I think maybe but can't imagine yet. Now, I have a glass Phiniac tank with Fusion cartos, a pot belly drip (to keep tank in place) and I do have a carto punch. Will start this lesson today. As for the Juice, any suggestions as to PG/VG ratio. At present I have Ms. Ts juice. A PG/VG mix. Thanks.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
What is this pot belly drip you speak of?

Hey Vapoor eyes er, Good to here from you. Got my GLV and all else I ordered. Last order received yesterday. YEAH!!!! Fired up the GLV with a V4L Coolcart. OMG! OMG! OMG! Does it get better than this. I think maybe but can't imagine yet. Now, I have a glass Phiniac tank with Fusion cartos, a pot belly drip (to keep tank in place) and I do have a carto punch. Will start this lesson today. As for the Juice, any suggestions as to PG/VG ratio. At present I have Ms. Ts juice. A PG/VG mix. Thanks.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Congrats Hummingbird and I'm sooo :) your GLV is blowing you away. Suggested juice is either 70/ 30 PG/ VG or 80/ 20 PG/ VG. You can go to Walmart and buy VG-USP and order PG-USP from the Pharmacy Special Order. I took a soap recipe in and explained I was making non allergenic soap as sometimes they won't sell it. This way you can makes small batches/ 3 ml and add either PG or VG until you have the right mix. Walmart sells the Walmart.com: Apex: Oral Medication (Small) Syringe, 1 Ct: Home Medical for measuring at $2.00- nail polish clearcoat the numbers otherwise they wash off. First I would try the juices you have and take it from there.
Good Luck and so happy to hear it all panned out for you, Vapoor.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
Last edited:

SummerDawn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2011
Wyoming
Hummingbird, in regards to juice in tanks, there is a full list of known "tank crackers" available on the forums. Just search "tank crack list." It is not limited to cinnamon juice as tank cracking is usually attributed to a certain ingredient in some juices. Hummingbird Nectar from Kick Bass Vapor, for instance, is a known tank cracker while Grogg from Copper Creek, a vape safe "cinnamon" flavor, is not.

Also, I vape strictly with tanks and most of my juice is 100% VG and I simply punch my cartos twice, which is how most pre-punched cartos come as is. A saddle valve from Home Depot or the carto punch from VIP Vapor Cig will punch perfect holes or widen those in pre-punched cartos. One punch suffices for mostly PG, two for mostly VG if necessary.

Just remember to fill your cartos to the max beforehand, blow out any excess, then once the carto is placed through the bottom cap with the sleeve connected... Fill it with juice almost to the very top. Slide your top cap on to the sleeve down to the bottom of the outer o-ring. An air bubble should appear, which you should position over one of the punches in your cartos. Upon sliding the top cap on fully, this air bubble should "disappear" into the carto. There are videos fully detailing this process available on YouTube.

As for good starter tanks, I hear great things about and own myself the J-Tank from Electronicstix, the Cartomator from Nhaler (my personal favorite of the readily available tanks), and the Big Daddy and Lil Mama tanks from BigDaddyVapor.

Vape happy!

Last edited:

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
WOWSER SummerDawn if I could give you 100 Likes for such a detailed and accurate post I would. Truly should be stickied seein as we witness so many problems with tanks users.
Sincerely, Vapoor.

Hummingbird, in regards to juice in tanks, there is a full list of known "tank crackers" available on the forums. Just search "tank crack list." It is not limited to cinnamon juice as tank cracking is usually attributed to a certain ingredient in some juices. Hummingbird Nectar from Kick Bass Vapor, for instance, is a known tank cracker while Grogg from Copper Creek, a vape safe "cinnamon" flavor, is not.

Also, I vape strictly with tanks and most of my juice is 100% VG and I simply punch my cartos twice, which is how most pre-punched cartos come as is. A saddle valve from Home Depot or the carto punch from VIP Vapor Cig will punch perfect holes or widen those in pre-punched cartos. One punch suffices for mostly PG, two for mostly VG if necessary.

Just remember to fill your cartos to the max beforehand, blow out any excess, then once the carto is placed through the bottom cap with the sleeve connected... Fill it with juice almost to the very top. Slide your top cap on to the sleeve down to the bottom of the outer o-ring. An air bubble should appear, which you should position over one of the punches in your cartos. Upon sliding the top cap on fully, this air bubble should "disappear" into the carto. There are videos fully detailing this process available on YouTube.

As for good starter tanks, I hear great things about and own myself the J-Tank from Electronicstix, the Cartomator from Nhaler (my personal favorite of the readily available tanks), and the Big Daddy and Lil Mama tanks from BigDaddyVapor.

Vape happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread