Tank selection!

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitetortuga

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2011
United States
Hello everyone,

Just had a question about what tanks people are using now. I have went from the Vision Ego V2, to the Kanger T2, and now I use a Mini Vivi Nova. I was just wondering if anyone had anything better than the vivi nova that I should try, or I'm using the best of the best right now. If you do have another suggestion, can you please post the website.

Also, does any place sell pumpkin(y) flavor? I kind of want a treat for next week, seeing as how it IS Halloween! :evil:

Thanks everyone!

eagarcia123

ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2012
los angeles ca
vivi nova is probably one of the best out there since its easy to use and real effective. other than that you can buy a rebuildable or make your own wicks on your vivi nova. a second option is to get a cartotank but I personally dont like dealing with cartos. phiniacs and valley view vapes got some good cartotanks. as for pumpkin juice, I dont know any but virgin vapor does have a halloween selection.

Last edited:

Doogmar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2012
Lake Tahoe
As said there are carto tanks, and the VN's (I have 4 of them, and love them.) There's also a ton of other other tanks, but the VNs seem to work the best, at least for a lot of people.

https://www.vapedudes.com/ That place has Pumpkin pie as its flavor of the month, but they only have it in 30ml bottles, but it is on sale for $11.11. I would try it. but I don't feel comfortable buying it in that size without knowing how it tastes.

tidegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Panama City, FL
Ditto the gotvapes recommendation. I know they have quality products, not knockoffs. I know many other suppliers do as well, but I don't know who they are so I stick with gotvapes. Besides, clearos have been their specialty since the beginning, they do a lot of work on developing the clearos, so they always have the latest and greatest first.

Brockadams- I just got a VN and a SF. Both are vaping great. The SF seems a bit more likely to give me a mouthful of juice so far, but I am reserving judgement until more use.

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
I use/love vivi novas. Much prefer them to the carto tanks I used to use.

The splitfire is interesting, but I don't see it having any advantages, especially because it's so easy to use mesh with the vivi nova.

I'm vaguely curious about trying a genesis style, which you might want to do. But the vivi nova seems to be where it's at for the time being.

vanteal

Oct 19, 2012
Minnesota
I've got a vivi nova tank, And I tried using it on my Silver bullet at 6v, And no matter what, I always get that burnt taste...Using an 18650 battery I get a smoother hit. But zero throat hit. And it takes one heck of a long drag to get any satisfaction from it...I've since only used the nova tank on my ego battery, And it's alright in a pinch or a backup..What kind of tanks similar to the nova's can handle 6volts?

Butters78

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2012
San Antonio, Texas, United States

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
I've got a vivi nova tank, And I tried using it on my Silver bullet at 6v, And no matter what, I always get that burnt taste...Using an 18650 battery I get a smoother hit. But zero throat hit. And it takes one heck of a long drag to get any satisfaction from it...I've since only used the nova tank on my ego battery, And it's alright in a pinch or a backup..What kind of tanks similar to the nova's can handle 6volts?

Perhaps use a higher-resistance head. gotvapes sells a 3.2 ohm head, which should be a bit under 12W, which should be fine. I run my vivi novas at around 11W all the time, and I've had them up to about 14W without burning. It really just depends on the juice.

Oh, yeah, and take that stupid cylinder insulator thing out of the head……the thing that's supposed to prevent shorts b/t the coil and the body of the head. It's useless. And it chars. And it'll ruin the taste since it's also impossible to clean. I usually leave them for a few tanks worth…until they get charred, then pull it out with tweezers (while holding the wicks against the body of the head) gently. I could see how you could damage a head doing it, but I think it's worth the risk……I haven't damaged one yet, and it always tastes better afterwards. Could be placebo, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread