Tank size that compliments Provari

Status
Not open for further replies.

EL Pistoffo

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
S. FL
I'm going to be acquiring a Provari-mini in the near future. I currently ordered a IBTanked 19mm XL for use at the moment with my MVP 2 and eGo's..

I plan on getting some more IBTanks if it turns out that I like them so my question is which diameter tank complements the Provari's width correctly? I'm guessing that it's 22mm. Is that correct?

The tank on this image looks perfect as far as fit.

ybutene6.jpg

Thanks

Mitch65

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2012
Akron, Ohio
Any 19mm diameter tank will look good. I believe the size of the provari top cap is 19mm. Kir Fanis makes a tank specifiacly designed for the provari and IMO looks the best. Its not cheap but a solid tank.

prive-a-special-tank-for-provari

Sure vapes has a MAP tank for $15 that's looks really good on mine as well. Its quartz glass with stainless caps. Best of all free shipping

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
I'm going to be acquiring a Provari-mini in the near future. I currently ordered a IBTanked 19mm XL for use at the moment with my MVP 2 and eGo's..

I plan on getting some more IBTanks if it turns out that I like them so my question is which diameter tank complements the Provari's width correctly? I'm guessing that it's 22mm. Is that correct?

The tank on this image looks perfect as far as fit.

ybutene6.jpg

Thanks

I believe the Provari in the pic is sporting an aftermarket beauty ring. Provari top caps are slanted like in Mitch's pic. Considering it's also got the twins on it (bottom cap extension) they may have come from the same supplier. I don't have the link available (can't even remember the name right now) but hopefully someone who does will come along.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
The pic is a tank that's got a "built-in" collar to make the ProVari stay body-width - it covers the tapered top beautifully, maintaining the teardrop design. The Prive-Special does that, so does the Pro-V. Similar look would be a 22mm tank, and a Pro-Ring. There's a thread with all the Pro-Rings - it covers the taper, and the tank holds it down...
The taper comes down to 19 mm. So you can get a setup with a 19mm tank, too. Mine pictured below.
Some people like a 22mm tank with no collar/ring - tank is just wider than the tapered top...

19mm tank (Kir Fanis)
allmatched2_zpsa2a99b9d.jpg

22mm tank (IBTanked)
ib_zpsbf1b0d11.jpg

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
I prefer a uniform flow. So the 19mm solo or 22mm collared is the way to go.

I'm still debating Provari color. Either SS or Black. Oh the horror of life's dilemmas.

Lol at least you have it narrowed down to 2. I had about 4 I was trying to choose from, finally settled on the black with blue LED.

EL Pistoffo

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
S. FL
Lol at least you have it narrowed down to 2. I had about 4 I was trying to choose from, finally settled on the black with blue LED.

Well I still need to figure out which battery, 18350 or 18490. LOL

Probably the larger battery.

I'm leaning towards the polished SS mini with blue LED. Now I need to come up with the $250.:unsure:

Last edited:

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I got a mini, with the extension (black/blue).
So I could use either battery.
18350 is, for me, just a few hours...not a full day.

So, when I ordered my SECOND ProVari, about 2 weeks later :) I got the bigger one, again with an extension.
So now I can use all 3 battery sizes.
(I got black again, but with green LED for variety)

Well I still need to figure out which battery, 18350 or 18490. LOL

Probably the larger battery.

EL Pistoffo

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
S. FL

So, when I ordered my SECOND ProVari, about 2 weeks later :) I got the bigger one, again with an extension.

I need it to be able to last me near a full day. I work on the road for a bout half the day, but if I travel it could be longer. I have no issue carrying a spare batt if needed. I carry my mod in a flashlight belt holster.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas

And I ordered the mini with 2 aftermarket extension rings so I can go with all three batteries. So many choices. :)

EL Pistoffo

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
S. FL
This is mine with a standard original 19mm Protank attached. It screws down flush and still vapes fine. You can unscrew an eighth of a turn back and forth to adjust airflow. The gold one is the same Provari. Tungsten light just made it look expensive!

View attachment 280778 View attachment 280779
You have a Protank, i'm so sorry to hear that.:p

I've been fidgeting with my mini-Protank 2 all day and frankly I'm sick and tired of it. I have a brand new PT 3 sitting in a box never used because I don't want to end up screwing around all the time with that too. Really looking forward to my IBTanked.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
I didn't know about a third batt extension for the mini. I take it that its for an 18650.

Here's what I have; Tatroe Ring Provari Steel. One with the stock cap will allow the mini to take the 18490/500 batts and two will allow it to take the 18650s. They're brushed rather than shiny though, so some shining would be needed to make them a perfect match for the stainless provari.

Last edited:

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
You have a Protank, i'm so sorry to hear that.:p

I've been fidgeting with my mini-Protank 2 all day and frankly I'm sick and tired of it. I have a brand new PT 3 sitting in a box never used because I don't want to end up screwing around all the time with that too. Really looking forward to my IBTanked.

Lol I've actually had really good luck out of the the PT2s by ordering Aro coils to go in them. No fiddling required after that.

EL Pistoffo

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2013
S. FL
Lol I've actually had really good luck out of the the PT2s by ordering Aro coils to go in them. No fiddling required after that.

Looks identical to the stock kanger coil. What I've been messing with is the wicks. I switched to cotton which was much better but the draw has been inconsistent. Usually too hard and long draws would result in burning flavor. The last thing I just tried was to remove the extra cotton wick I was using on top of the coil like a flavor wick. Now the draw is better and vapor has much stronger TH. Flavor intensity not the best but it's ok for NOW. BTW, using stock coils. Haven't ventured into rebuilding coils just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread