Status
Not open for further replies.

StormFinch

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
Arkansas
Looks identical to the stock kanger coil. What I've been messing with is the wicks. I switched to cotton which was much better but the draw has been inconsistent. Usually too hard and long draws would result in burning flavor. The last thing I just tried was to remove the extra cotton wick I was using on top of the coil like a flavor wick. Now the draw is better and vapor has much stronger TH. Flavor intensity not the best but it's ok for NOW. BTW, using stock coils. Haven't ventured into rebuilding coils just yet.

I haven't ventured into rebuilding either. a) My eyes aren't what they used to be and I'd have to go pick up a crafter's magnifying glass to even SEE the coil, and b) I've got Graves Disease so my hands are anything but steady. For less than $1.50 a coil however, it's really not that big a deal to me if I have something that works, and the Aros on a PT2 work.

The Aro coils have a thicker wick on them. With the PT coils I was having to take the silicone cap off the post to prevent lack of wicking. I've had no problems with wicking on the Aros, but the draw is a little tighter which you might not appreciate. I started on standard resistance cartomizers, so even if something is drawing like a milkshake as long as it's got flavor and vapor I'm happy. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread