tank slide off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stryfox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
pennsylvinia
I just received my two new 19mm standard ibtanked complete setups.
Primed and filled one with my current juice of choice and got it running on my provari.
I like it very much so far, more consistent than my bottom coil glassomizers.
I am a little nervous about the tank sliding off the carto while in my pocket.
Does this happen? Thanks for any advice.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Not too likely Stray, the cartomizer fits pretty snug and within a short time the orings squeeze the eLiquid out and almost set in place to the point where it take some force to get them moving again for a refill. I pick my Provari up by the tank all the time and have never had one let go.

If you have a drip tip with a base larger than the cartomizer that will add one more level of adhesion since you will be including another oring and its grip to the whole thing. Out IBTipsys are made this way with the flared skirt that sits flat on the top cap, I also opted for a fairly tight setup for the IBTipsy which helps with that.

Glad you like it, to me the biggest hurdles in whether folks like cartomizers or not is in getting it set up properly for its first use then matching a vaping style/voltage/eliquid all up to get good service from them. once those are cleared carto tanks are almost too easy to get a very nice vape from. there is the disposable aspect of the cartomizers themselves but for me the cost is quite low enough to make it worth all the worry free use I get from them.

stryfox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
pennsylvinia
Thank you for the reply.
To be honest I decided to try the ibtanked tanks because consistency is really the number one priority for me.
So far I am pleased. The quality and finish are great.
When I smoked all cigarettes prey much burned the same and that consistency was part of the habit.
Seeing the fluid adds a scene of comfort knowing its not going to run out.
So far the cartotanks hit more consistent that my glassomizers do.

OCD

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2012
California, Kern
www.ibtanked.com
Boomhower, I pick mine up by the tank too but have never slid a tank. Thinking maybe because of the box shape maybe if it grabs the pocket and you pull pretty hard it could happen but just lifting the device I cant see it sliding. Granted the MVP is a quite heavy device but still it dont seem right, maybe swap out the inside orings for a new set?

We went through some growing pains getting things to a happy medium at the beginning of this year. For some folks the fit was too tight to easily install the cartomizer or fill then for others it was too loose in terms of super grip. We settled with the combination we now use as a best fit for that compromise.

boomhower1820

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
NC
Boomhower, I pick mine up by the tank too but have never slid a tank. Thinking maybe because of the box shape maybe if it grabs the pocket and you pull pretty hard it could happen but just lifting the device I cant see it sliding. Granted the MVP is a quite heavy device but still it dont seem right, maybe swap out the inside orings for a new set?

We went through some growing pains getting things to a happy medium at the beginning of this year. For some folks the fit was too tight to easily install the cartomizer or fill then for others it was too loose in terms of super grip. We settled with the combination we now use as a best fit for that compromise.

It was definitely how tight the box was in my pocket. Orings were essentially new and plenty tight. It's no fault of the tank, just have to get used to the different design.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread