Tanks and VG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patchouli

Sep 18, 2012
Seattle, WA
I was browsing around Lite Cig USA and they've recommended not using any VG mixed solutions with a tank system because of its viscosity. Can anybody on here verify this? I was debating buying the 510-T atty and tank to test this, but it's easier to check up on here (and less expensive :3). The reason for my inquiry is that one of my friends wanted to try the tank system but the juice he has is from CC and thus has VG in it. Don't want him to make a bad investment so here I am ^^.

Strigoi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2010
Martinez, CA
I use 50/50 PG/VG most of the time and don't have any issues running it in tanks. It wicks just fine in a carto tank or a Vivi Nova.

You should also really reconsider the Ego-T. They're prone to leaking and not many people like them. You'd be better off getting an Ego Twist and running cartos (with or without a tank) or a Vivi Nova.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Well, most e-liquids have some VG in them, starting I think at about 20% going up to about 50%. You can chose your mix with some suppliers. VG is thicker than PG, gives a sweeter taste to the juice and makes more vapor than PG.

I use the eGo-c and am vaping some 50/50 VG/PG right now. It is working very well for me. I don't have an eGo-T, but I think it would work as well as the C. Maybe someone else who has the T will chime in in a bit and let us both know if I'm right.

Strigoi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2010
Martinez, CA
Maybe someone else who has the T will chime in in a bit and let us both know if I'm right.

I don't have one, but I've read enough on here to know that they basically suck. There are some people that like them, but most end up ditching the tank they come with and going with cartos or a real tank of some sort.

Amish Ed

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2010
Lake Forest, CA
amished.wordpress.com
30/70 worked in my eGo-t. I wouldn't recommend the system though. Go with a 3 Twists, 2 chargers, a couple Vivi Novas, and a couple eGo threaded cartomizers. Always have backups for your backups. I was at work the other night and my Twist ran out of power, went to my backup, it was dead (charger had died, but showed a green light), went to my 3rd battery and all was well. Without the tertiary backup I would've been back on the cigs until I got home and got everything charged on my second charger. Same thing can happen with the delivery system too.

Patchouli

Sep 18, 2012
Seattle, WA
Thank you for the feedback fellas. Looking at the Vivi Nova and noticed that the set doesn't come with a battery (litecigusa). Does it use a cartomizer or is the batter just...sold separately? Also while I'm at it what's an APV...I'm assuming PV is personalized vaporizer just...the A...

Another thing I noticed is that on CC they had a cartomizer puncher. Do cartomizers not come with any ventilation? And if not, then where is an ideal place to punch it?

Strigoi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2010
Martinez, CA
Thank you for the feedback fellas. Looking at the Vivi Nova and noticed that the set doesn't come with a battery (litecigusa). Does it use a cartomizer or is the batter just...sold separately? Also while I'm at it what's an APV...I'm assuming PV is personalized vaporizer just...the A...

Another thing I noticed is that on CC they had a cartomizer puncher. Do cartomizers not come with any ventilation? And if not, then where is an ideal place to punch it?

Okay.

Don't buy anything and wait for people to chime in on this. I don't feel like typing out a seriously long post right now (I've had a few too many beers tonight).

I'm being 100% serious here.

Strigoi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2010
Martinez, CA
Haha alrighty. And hey it's Friday night, too many beers is alright :3

ECF solved the mystery of APV with their amazing forum. Thanks for whoever coded that it's the first place I've ever seen this feature and does wonders for people who don't know the "lingo"

Saturdays exist so you can sleep off the hangover. :laugh:

I'll bookmark this thread and check it tomorrow when I get my ... out of bed. If someone hasn't given you the break down I'll do the long post.

fireflyGDU

Sep 25, 2012
Hellburg, SC
So off topic...but I love your name! I'm really new here so I think I can get away with it! It just reminded me of my Dead Tour days, so I couldn't help my self! ;)
I love this place though, it's amazing how many people are kind enough to answer so many questions. Which I keep having because there are so freakin' many options. And to be honest some of this just gets so complicated that I end up wanting to just order the most simple thing out there! I haven't ordered my first starter kit yet cause I keep learning more and more, also I don't have a ton of money to keep upgrading every month!
I am now considering a kit with 2 batteries from Smokeless Image, and some really cool juice I found out about from here! It's from goodejuice, and they make it from tobacco leaves (they even have an organic one!; in the "House Brewed section), so it isn't tobacco "flavored", it's real. I smoke about a pod of camel filters, so I think this will be as close as I can get to that real kind of flavor. I am gonna ask what the experienced folks think about it first though!
All opinions are appreciated!!! Anyway, sorry so long and Peace patchouli!

Last edited:

Patchouli

Sep 18, 2012
Seattle, WA
Haha 'tis alright firefly ^^. I had to look up what you meant by Dead tour and admittedly didn't know about that use of patchouli. My father was a deadhead though, so I'm sure he would understand it. I based my name off of a game called Touhou Project. I liked the character (Patchouli Knowledge) and I like the flower too so I tended to use it whenever I could.

I'm currently smoking a Joye 510. It cost $40 for the starter kit, which I felt was a reasonable price and a provided a nice bridge from smoking analogs to vaping. Also glad I found this forum early; there's so much to learn and doing it by myself would be overwhelming what with all the mods and models that you can buy. I'm slowly easing my way into this though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread