I would appreciate any recommendations for tanks that can handle Max VG juice:
Ideal Tank would have a history of:
Handling high VG juice (Max)
Easy to fill and maintain
Coils that will last (at least a week)
As leak proof as possible
Hold at least 4 mls or more.

Any recommendations for mods for this kind of tank would be appreciated:
Preferable a variable voltage (10 or 20 up to maybe 80).
At least 2000mah battery
Quick charge
Not looking for a huge big heavy machine to carry around.

Thanks so much

Reactions: stols001

emb

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2010
San Diego
Aspire Cleito + Aspire NX75a - you wont be disappointed

Thanks so much for the suggestions. After looking around the Cleito tank and mod sound very good.

Is the Cleito tank the standard Cleito tank or is it the Clieto 120 or the Clieto Exo tank? I am assuming is just the Cleito.

Is the 0.2 ohm better for the Max VG or would the 0.4 ohm coil work just as well.

Thanks again.

catilley1092

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2013
North Carolina, USA
I find that the coils means more than the actual tank does. Some gunks up very fast with max VG, others lasts a week or so. The only times when tanks didn't hold up on me weren't because of max VG, rather were strong, like mint. These used to crack my Kanger eGo tanks, yet it's been some time back since I've used these.

Hopefully the SMOK TV12 Cloud Beast King Tank (RBA Edition) coming in today handles max VG well, it's supposed to be one of the best on the market, whether using pre-built coils or building my own, why I purchased. Was hard to find, lucked up after trying on 20+ sites, was on Element Vape for $32.95, just over $40 after shipping. Speaking of shipping, if it does arrive today, will be fast, ordered just two days ago.:D

Cat

• Useful

emb

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2010
San Diego
I read a review on tanks that handle high VG and the SMOK TV12 Cloud Beast King Tank was one of their favorites. Recommended tanks andatomizers for high VG e-liquids by Ecigguide I am still researching and hoping to find a solid tank/coil that is simple, hold a lot of juice and doesn’t require massive power. I believe the TV12 requires well over 100W (closer to the 200W range) and is supposed to go through juice like butter so I am hesitant.

My search for a tank that can handle Max VG is somewhat of long story. After smoking cigarettes for 30 years I decided to start vaping in 2010. The first day I started to vape was also the last day I had a cigarette. I had been using a 25VG/75PG juice (and the same juice) for all those years in a very simple old fashion 808 vaping system. About 9 months ago I started to have a very bad allergy, constant burning itching eyes. Since I had been using the same juice all those years I didn’t think it was the high PG level but rather something at home causing the allergy reaction. Long story short about 2 months ago I clearly determined it was the high level of PG in the juice.

My old fashion 808 vaping system wouldn’t handle the high VG so I have been searching for something that will work. I initial tried the Joyetech Penguin and Dolphin since they were so simple in design and use and read that some people were using high VG in the Joyetech Penguins and Dolphin’s. I read about the various tricks, i.e. using a needle to poke a hole or two in the cotton/coil (I used the 0.25 ohm coil). Needless to say for the last two months I haven’t been able to get it to work. The coils last about 12 hours (I actually got “one” to work for 3 days). The juice I am using is pretty simple, a standard classic vanilla with extra flavoring and 2mg nicotine.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Ideal Tank would have a history of:

Handling high VG juice (Max): Check, my current ADV is a 100% Vg flavor. Coffee Cake.
Easy to fill and maintain: Check, it has an easy top fill.
Coils that will last (at least a week): Check, coils consistantly last me 4 weeks.
As leak proof as possible: Check, three tanks have never leaked for me.
Hold at least 4 mls or more: Check, liquid capacity is 4 ml.

I'll add that it has four replacement coil head options:

• 0.15 ohm Dual Ni200 Nickel Uwell Crown Sub-Ohm Coil - 400 to 600 Degrees Fahrenheit
  • 0.25 ohm Dual Stainless Steel Uwell Crown Sub-Ohm Coil - 80 to 120W
  • 0.5 ohm Dual Stainless Steel Uwell Crown Sub-Ohm Coil - 30 to 80W
  • 1.2 ohm Single Stainless Steel Uwell Crown Coil - 10 to 30W

The metal wide bore drip tip can be easily removed and a delrin narrow bore 510 drip tip of your choice can be used.

The air control ring adjusts from DTL down to a MTL.

22 milimeter diameter.

upload_2018-3-31_11-8-2.jpeg

My full review of the original Uwell Crown (1) can be found here: Tanks & RDA's Ratings & Explanations

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
You'll have ton of options. I don't sub0hm but briefly owned a cleto tank (gifted to me by my kiddo when he quit vaping and I started.) I did not enjoy the vape, but my son (he used several of the coils) would routinely get 240 ml through a single coil. He vaped citrus and menthol and high VG, so it wasn't the gunkiest vape of all time, but he was close to max VG. BTW, if you are using flavoring, you are likely not at "max" VG as most flavors are PG. I liked the Cleto's flavor, I just found it to be too much vapor production for me.

The Uwell Crown does get rave reviews from users too, and coil life is seen to be pretty decent. Some atomizers just don't seem to play well with some juices, for the most part, but there are some excellent sub0hm setups that should handle your high VG juices just fine. Chain vaping (in any tank) will decrease coil life. Now that I am rotating setups, I find ALL my coil life vastly improved (even considering I am vaping each tank less) but overall coil life was vastly improved. Heat can affect coils quite a bit. So, if you don't land on the "perfect" tank right away, do keep in mind that there are benefits to having more than one setup to hand, if you plan on chain vaping or not using TC and etc.

Anna

emb

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2010
San Diego
I am real happy, I seem to have a lot of options to select from. Thank you all so much for offering your ideas and your time. I have been checking/reading up on all of the suggestions. Checking reviews on coil life easy of maintaining, etc. I am luck our local vape store two blocks from our house carries most of these so I can check them out on Monday. So far I have on the list:

Aspire Cleito: 3.5ml
Aspire Atlantis Evo: 4ml
Kanger Subtank Mini: 4.5ml
Crown 1: 4ml
Smok TFV8: 6ml
Smok TFV12 8ml
IJOY EXO X: 4.7ml
Wake sub-ohm tank: 3.3ml

Hardest question is going to be which one is the best one for my needs. If anyone sees a tank on the list that I should really stay away from please feel to let me know. Thanks so much.

emb

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2010
San Diego
A follow-up:
Monday, I went down to our local vape store and purchased Aspire Cleito. The Cleito comes with two coils; 0.2ohm 55W-75W and the 0.4ohm 40-60W (pre-installed).

I filled the tank up with my max. VG juice on Monday afternoon with the 0.4ohm coil. I let the juice soak in for 10-15minutes and started vaping right off the bat, not a dry or burnt hit at all. I have been using it at 40W, a comfortable setting for me. It works well with the max vg juice. The only down side is, that it doesn’t hold a lot of juice (3.5ml or 4mls pending on what vendor you read the spec’s from).

I have on order and should get Friday the IJoy exo xl tank. The IJoy exo xl tank holds 5mls. It is supposed to be very much like the Smok TFV8 tank but smaller and less of a juice hog. It comes with two different coils; Kanthal XL-C2 0.3 ohm (pre-installed) (40W-80W) and Kanthal XL-C4 0.15 ohm (50W – 215W). I’ll start off with the 0.3 coil when I get it on Friday and see how it goes.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
A follow-up:
Monday, I went down to our local vape store and purchased Aspire Cleito. The Cleito comes with two coils; 0.2ohm 55W-75W and the 0.4ohm 40-60W (pre-installed).

I filled the tank up with my max. VG juice on Monday afternoon with the 0.4ohm coil. I let the juice soak in for 10-15minutes and started vaping right off the bat, not a dry or burnt hit at all. I have been using it at 40W, a comfortable setting for me. It works well with the max vg juice. The only down side is, that it doesn’t hold a lot of juice (3.5ml or 4mls pending on what vendor you read the spec’s from).

I have on order and should get Friday the IJoy exo xl tank. The IJoy exo xl tank holds 5mls. It is supposed to be very much like the Smok TFV8 tank but smaller and less of a juice hog. It comes with two different coils; Kanthal XL-C2 0.3 ohm (pre-installed) (40W-80W) and Kanthal XL-C4 0.15 ohm (50W – 215W). I’ll start off with the 0.3 coil when I get it on Friday and see how it goes.
The Cleito has a bubble tank available. Works very well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread