Tanks with drop-in coils that work with TC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
I just wanted to tell you why I suggested the CLR coils for the eGo mega tanks. You will get much more flavor from them than with the reg stock coils. You don't have to rebuild them, just use them like reg stock coils and throw away when they are old and don't taste good anymore. They are exactly the same price as the reg stock coils so I am just suggestion the best of the two. The CLR coils last a lot longer between changes than the stock coils.

Let us know how we can help.

Happy Holidays.

:)
Sorry if I sounded cranky, but I've had people argue with me when I said I couldn't build coils, so I get a little touchy at times.

amoret

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Sharon, ND, USA
I just wanted to tell you why I suggested the CLR coils for the eGo mega tanks. You will get much more flavor from them than with the reg stock coils. You don't have to rebuild them, just use them like reg stock coils and throw away when they are old and don't taste good anymore. They are exactly the same price as the reg stock coils so I am just suggestion the best of the two. The CLR coils last a lot longer between changes than the stock coils.

Let us know how we can help.

Happy Holidays.

Sorry if I sounded cranky, but I've had people argue with me when I said I couldn't build coils, and I really wish that I was able to. So I get a little touchy at times.

Reactions: Katdarling

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Sorry if I sounded cranky, but I've had people argue with me when I said I couldn't build coils, and I really wish that I was able to. So I get a little touchy at times.
I thought that may be the case so that was why I felt a further explanation was warranted. No harm , no foul. I would never tell anyone what they could or could not do when it comes to vaping(and a lot of other things too, lol)

All is well.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
The uwell crown tanks use SS drop in coils. I use the original crown with the .5 SS coils, they work great in power and TC modes. The crown 2 ,which has bad reviews, and the crown 3 both have SS coils that are drop in and can be used in TC mode. I didn’t see these mentioned so far.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The uwell crown tanks use SS drop in coils. I use the original crown with the .5 SS coils, they work great in power and TC modes. The crown 2 ,which has bad reviews, and the crown 3 both have SS coils that are drop in and can be used in TC mode. I didn’t see these mentioned so far.
I'm a huge fan of the original crown tank. I also use the 0.5 ohm coils, in wattage mode only. I've been using this tank for over a year now; no problems at all. IMHO, its the most versatile tank on the market. The ratcheted air control ring allows air resistance from a MTL vaper to a DTL vaper. Easy top fill tank. You can use the 1.25 ohm coils if you don't sub-ohm; there's a variety of sub-ohm coils available if you do. 4 ml capacity. I use a Cherry Vape Cloud Chaser delrin tip as I don't like metal tips.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I'm a huge fan of the original crown tank. I also use the 0.5 ohm coils, in wattage mode only. I've been using this tank for over a year now; no problems at all. IMHO, its the most versatile tank on the market. The ratcheted air control ring allows air resistance from a MTL vaper to a DTL vaper. Easy top fill tank. You can use the 1.25 ohm coils if you don't sub-ohm; there's a variety of sub-ohm coils available if you do. 4 ml capacity. I use a Cherry Vape Cloud Chaser delrin tip as I don't like metal tips.

100% agree, I only use the crown and I’ve been thinking of trying other tanks. The crown 3 and trying some RTA’s but I just can’t pull the trigger because I love my crown. Kinda like the grass is always greener, just in this case it ain’t. The .5 coils are perfection. They last a long time and produce stellar flavor and vapor. Being stainless steel is great giving the option to vape in power or tc. I think all coils should be stainless, they taste great and are versatile. Anyway I just had to remind myself why I haven’t bought the next great vape tank. I already own the crown.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
100% agree, I only use the crown and I’ve been thinking of trying other tanks. The crown 3 ...Anyway I just had to remind myself why I haven’t bought the next great vape tank. I already own the crown.
I would do my homework researching other tanks, including the Crown 2 & 3. The Crown 2 and 3 didn't get as good of reviews as the original. I'm perfectly happy with the original. Why mess with perfection?

Reactions: stols001

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I would do my homework researching other tanks, including the Crown 2 & 3. The Crown 2 and 3 didn't get as good of reviews as the original. I'm perfectly happy with the original. Why mess with perfection?
Yea that’s what I came up with. The nice thing about using old vape gear is it’s less expensive than the newer tech. Just another bonus of resisting buying the next great vape innovation.

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

Evi|grin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 21, 2013
I just picked up a original Crown tank for $20 locally. It came with a .25 SS, .5 SS and a .15 NI200. Ive only tried the NI200 coil sofar. It works well in TC mode but the flavor is only average. Not bad but nothing great either. It does wick just fine though with a 80vg liquid which is a huge plus to me. Coils are also very cheap for TC coils.

I really like the quality though of the tank. It appears to be very well made and sofar ive had zero leaking. The tank does get VERY warm though at 450F and 30watts in TC mode. The .15ohm Ni200 coil reads a tiny bit high in my SxMini (.16ohm) and a bit higher in my Cuboid 150 (.19ohm).

A couple vendors still have them for under $20. Ive seen them as low as about $15 which is a steal for a tank like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread