Tanks...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsdan

May 23, 2012
Rochester, NY
I'm still relatively new with this and dont understand what mods/equip I use to use a tank. when people refer to tanks, are they just the tanks that go with a carto/clearo? Do you just use them with cartomizer/clearomizer or an atty?

I've also seen those "tank cartridges" what do you use those with?

May be some stupid questions but I'm trying to understand how these things work, I appreciate the help in advance

Kay1959

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
Out in the middle of Nowhere
There are several different things that people refer to as tanks.

There are Stardust/Clearomizertanks....

GotVapes VISION eGo Stardust™ 808 1.6ml Carto 2.5-2.8 ohm CLEAR [gv-visionstardust808-2.5] - $4.95 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more

These are most often used by people who have some sort of eGo battery. They have a wick in them that absorbs the juice and wicks the juice to the atty in the bottom of the tank. These have to be trashed after awhile.

There are Vivi Nova tanks......

Vision Vivi Nova Tank System

These are used by alot of people, on various devices. The heads are replaceable.

There are carto/tanks.......

6ml Glass Tank With Chrome Metal END CAPS!

Alot of people use these also. They can be made of either a plastic tubing, glass tubing, or stainless steel tubing. The end caps can be made of either delrin, rubber grommets, or stainless steel. On these, you replace the cartomizer only.

Then there are atty/tanks....

Reactor

These use an atty that has holes in it. This is a relatively new setup, and I'm hopeful more types will be available soon. Again, on these you replace the atty, and not the whole tank.

Those are the basic types of tanks available. I'm sure I probably missed something....but I'm equally sure someone else will come along and point that out to me.:D

The above links were provided as a picture reference only. (I sound like an advertisement here:laugh:)
I'm not saying though that those are the tanks that I recommend or use myself...just to give you an idea of what's out there.

Hope this makes everything as clear as mud for you!:unsure:

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
Very useful information there. The only thing I can think of that you missed, would be the ego-T. It's different than the other devices you mentioned. But I don't recommend it. Very inconsistent hits with bad leaking problems if you don't have the right caps on the tank, possibly even if you do. Great idea that didn't quite make it IMO.

super dave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
1 Mile High
I'm still relatively new with this and dont understand what mods/equip I use to use a tank. when people refer to tanks, are they just the tanks that go with a carto/clearo? Do you just use them with cartomizer/clearomizer or an atty?

I've also seen those "tank cartridges" what do you use those with?

May be some stupid questions but I'm trying to understand how these things work, I appreciate the help in advance

super dave here, I haven't been into this very long myself but have been lucky to get info from knowledgeable folks. BOTTOM line is personal preference! BUT need to experiment. I love tanks, I started with carts, no good for me. atty's for dripping works good for me but always are dripping. Carto's, some swear by but I don't think they last long and then there's the taste factor with the packing and you have to punch hole's for the juice to flow into from the tank, I don't like them much. Many different tank configurations, mostly with carto inside tank that can be replaced and or cleaned and usually fill tank with a seringe and needle, a lot of extra stuff needed and mess. If you want to by pass all the other learning process(but that might ruin your experiance) then you might look at the vivi nova 2.5 tank, it works good on a vari volt mod(like the lava tube) and has a 510 connection. It uses an atty type replaceable coil head with a wick and you can fill the tank from a juice bottle by unscrewing the top and it has a drip tip. It will also work on a ego battery or other 510 devices but is large. A vision stardust rebuildale is great for the ego or other 510 and has the same type of changable heads, small tank works perfect for the ego. Don't know anything about a cart style tank. Go to the gotvapes.com site for all this info, and they are very affordable and quality

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
SEE?? I told ya!:laugh:

Actually, I did think of those tanks, but didn't EVEN want to go there, beause they are sooo bad!:laugh: IMHO, those shouldn't even be called 'tanks'. They should be called what they are!
'CRAP'.

Well, I know some people love them. They may have made improvements since I tried them over a year ago, but I doubt it. Might be a good starter for somebody looking to try a tank though.

super dave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
1 Mile High
Well, I know some people love them. They may have made improvements since I tried them over a year ago, but I doubt it. Might be a good starter for somebody looking to try a tank though.

GIMike, what do you think about the vivi nova 2.5 tanks and the rebuildable stardusts? Have you tried these?

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
I haven't tried the rebuildable stardusts, but did try the original ones, and I wasn't too impressed. Didn't get great TH or airflow compared to others. The rebuildable vivi nova sounds awesome, but I went back to a carto-tank instead of the clearos. I prefer the better wicking of the cartos compared to the issues found with clearos. I may have to give the nova tanks a shot one day though, just to try it.

**edit** One tank that I very very rarely see mentioned, is the eGo-w clearo. http://ejuicemonkeys.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=61_47&sort=20a&page=2 has all the parts you can use for the ego-w. It was a great idea, and worked pretty well, but I didn't like the needle filling you had to do with it. Tried using needle tip plastic bottles, but they didn't seal well (leaked through the threads of the cap) and the needle tip usually came out of the cap. Just another decent tank system I've used.

Last edited:

super dave

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2012
1 Mile High
Welp in using the nova's and loving them I love the stardusts for out and about. 1.6ml is enough for a little travel and easy to carry. I now have the new rebuildables with changable heads. You should try the 1.8 version. The th is very good with these and they last but the 2.4ohm is good also. I really like these a lot, easy to fill, no leaks, no mess and hits good. I'm now waiting for delivery on my new vivi mini nova with changable heads for the little longer trips with my ego, 2.5ml. Gonna see if these work better for the longer haul than the stardusts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread